Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Funik, go read the Lord of the Clans again, Thrall beats Grom and Orgrim. It's in the book.
    The Lord of the Clans does not say anywhere that Thrall defeated Grom. And here Grommash warriors Thrall overcame to get a dialogue with Gromash, but he did not defeat Grommash himself, he did not even fight him in this book with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    And why isn't the fresh blood of Mannoroth hopping up Grom and his warriors like super steroids counted as a magical effect? He even temporarily turns into a red chaos orc and starts dealing chaos damage in the game.

Gorehowl is also a magical weapon. Basically every semi-important weapon in the Warcraft-universe is magically imbued in one way or another, including Rexxar's axes, the swords of Lothar, pre-DK Arthas' Hammer, Turalyon's blade, the Axe of Cenarius, Doomhammer, and the weapon of nearly every character on your list.

Let's not forget as well, that Warriors (the class, not the way you're using it as a basic descriptor) are magically empowered as well. Warriors in WoW have just as much magic running through them as any other class, it's simply manifested in strength and rage, rather than light, nature, the prime elements, death, or arcane energies.
    Compared to Shalamein in which the crystal glows, the Gorehowl is simpler ax, not to mention the magical (really magical) Cenarius ax which emits a blue glow.That is stronger than all the weapons made by mortals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Funik, go read the Lord of the Clans again, Thrall beats Grom and Orgrim. It's in the book.
    Thrall fought against 3 warriors of the Warsong clan to talk with Grommash.

Please, before looking for facts in different articles like Wikipedia, read the canonical books of Warcraft personally and not through articles on the Internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Yea of course, he's next to someone with an "and", just like many others, so it's not a "top 20". Not only that, but there's a lot of characters that are not Warriors. Would you call the Warcraft movie version of Gul'Dan a warrior just because he thought Durotan without magic? It makes no sense.

And again, Broxigar is nº1.
    Brox lost the fight to Varo'then.
    Last edited by funcik; 2017-10-26 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Compared to Shalamein in which the crystal glows, the Gorehowl is simpler ax, not to mention the magical (really magical) Cenarius ax which emits a blue glow.That is stronger than all the weapons made by mortals.
    You have absolutely no way of knowing or quantifying this; you're just making assumptions to validate your own ideas.

You have absolutely no way of knowing or quantifying this; you're just making assumptions to validate your own ideas.
    You are doing absolutely the same thing.
    And give me an example when the pseudo-magic of the ax Grommash was involved. And what magic the Gronns possess?When you find this information in the books, give me a source. Sincerely.
    But, one thing I know for sure, not Varian killed the demigod and strongest pit lord,which are a mile more powerful than the victims of Varian.

Just dropping by because this pushed my nerd button and I need to say 'a bunch of these aren't warriors'

Now I'll leave and not return because I can see what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Just dropping by because this pushed my nerd button and I need to say 'a bunch of these aren't warriors'

Now I'll leave and not return because I can see what you're doing.
    I repeat personally to you. I equate the characters of the Warcraft universe, and not the game class in the game.

You are doing absolutely the same thing.
    And give me an example when the pseudo-magic of the ax Grommash was involved. And what magic the Gronns possess?When you find this information in the books, give me a source. Sincerely.
    But, one thing I know for sure, not Varian killed the demigod and strongest pit lord,which are a mile more powerful than the victims of Varian.
    No, I'm not, because I didn't attempt to use it as reasoning to promote one idea over another. The lore flat out tells us that it's a magical weapon, infused with the hearts of gronn which gives it "tremendous power". I already gave you the source.

It's as magical as any other notable weapon in the Warcraft universe. More importantly, we have no way of measuring the degree to which something is magical, because it's not quantified in any way. Therefore, if you want to take it into account, it's a binary state - either it is, or is not, magical. End of story.

To say "well it's not magical enough" or "it's not as magical as this other thing, because it's not shiny or doesn't burst into flames on command" is just pandering to your desire to justify your arbitrary list. Again, there's absolutely no way of quantifying it.

Your list is as made up as the criteria you use to justify it, and not a single person in this entire thread has even remotely begun to agree with your reasoning.

No, I'm not, because I didn't attempt to use it as reasoning to promote one idea over another. The lore flat out tells us that it's a magical weapon, infused with the hearts of gronn which gives it "tremendous power". I already gave you the source.

It's as magical as any other notable weapon in the Warcraft universe. More importantly, we have no way of measuring the degree to which something is magical, because it's not quantified in any way. Therefore, if you want to take it into account, it's a binary state - either it is, or is not, magical. End of story.

To say "well it's not magical enough" or "it's not as magical as this other thing, because it's not shiny or doesn't burst into flames on command" is just pandering to your desire to justify your arbitrary list. Again, there's absolutely no way of quantifying it.

Your list is as made up as the criteria you use to justify it, and not a single person in this entire thread has even remotely begun to agree with your reasoning.
    I answered to you why Varian at 10 and Grommash at 1, the orc killed more powerful characters. The weapon plays an important role, the ax does not forked, unlike the elven swords unified due to the Onyxia spell. Nowhere is it stated that the hearts of the gronns increase the strength of the ax, perhaps you learned about it from the Cinematics on the creation of the Gorehowl (Armory Azeroth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlBuY-S3KU).

I answered to you why Varian at 10 and Grommash at 1, the orc killed more powerful characters. The weapon plays an important role, the ax does not forked, unlike the elven swords unified due to the Onyxia spell. Nowhere is it stated that the hearts of the gronns increase the strength of the ax, perhaps you learned about it from the Cinematics on the creation of the Gorehowl (Armory Azeroth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlBuY-S3KU).
    Not a single thing I've said in any of my posts had any relevance as to the position of Varian v Grom, only your biased criteria and flawed reasoning.

Yes, that's exactly where I learned it from, given that it's the reference I (and another poster) gave you three pages ago! Video media is still very much cannon, just like all of the Lords of War shorts.

Like I said, you have no rational way of quantifying "how" magical an item is. There's no way of telling if Gorehowl is any more magical than Shalamayne, or vice versa. The only thing you can say for certain is that they both have magical properties.

Deleted
    1. Me /sarcasmflex

It's probably me. I mean, I got this 990 ilvl weapon.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is muradin bronze earned not on the list?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind, carry on.
    Last edited by kraid; 2017-10-28 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Nevermind, carry on.
    Why are you unhappy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    How is muradin bronze earned not on the list?
    This is the one that Arthas defeated (killed)?

This is the one that Arthas defeated (killed)?
    Arthas didn't "kill" him, Frostmourne did. The ice imprisoning it shattered and impaled him as a sacrifice. Any way you look at that, it's definitely a effect of magic and not "fighting as a warrior".

He also didn't die, but survived, solo'd a Jormungar while half frozen and starved, became the leader of thew Frostborn, fought a simultaneous war with the Lich King, Blue Dragonflight, and Iron Dwarves, helped lead the assault on Icecrown Citadel, and commanded the Skybreaker gunship. Oh, and he also taught Arthas how to fight in the first place.

His list of accomplishments is quite long. They may not include killing multiple named demons, but then again neither do a lot of characters (Saurfang).

Arthas didn't "kill" him, Frostmourne did. The ice imprisoning it shattered and impaled him as a sacrifice. Any way you look at that, it's definitely a effect of magic and not "fighting as a warrior".

He also didn't die, but survived, solo'd a Jormungar while half frozen and starved, became the leader of thew Frostborn, fought a simultaneous war with the Lich King, Blue Dragonflight, and Iron Dwarves, helped lead the assault on Icecrown Citadel, and commanded the Skybreaker gunship. Oh, and he also taught Arthas how to fight in the first place.

His list of accomplishments is quite long. They may not include killing multiple named demons, but then again neither do a lot of characters (Saurfang).
    And yet, except for Jormungar (as a character, Gronn probably will be stronger), I do not see any more powerful opponents, but I apologize that I did not include him in the list of "Worthy mentions", I will correct it now (I will include it in the list).

And yet, except for Jormungar (as a character, Gronn probably will be stronger), I do not see any more powerful opponents
    Go read that last line again.

Now Muradin is on the list of "Worthy mention"

- - - Updated - - -

Check "Worthy mentions"

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, are you satisfied with the rating? Yes or No?

Now Muradin is on the list of "Worthy mention"
    I was referring to why his "not killing any 'more powerful' opponents" is irrelevant. A lot of the people on your list haven't slain pitlords and demigods.

Guys, are you satisfied with the rating? Yes or No?
    No; your entire list is still arbitrary, the criteria is made up and warped to suit your assumptions, and half the characters still aren't Warriors.

I was referring to why his "not killing any 'more powerful' opponents" is irrelevant. A lot of the people on your list haven't slain pitlords and demigods.

No; your entire list is still arbitrary, the criteria is made up and warped to suit your assumptions, and half the characters still aren't Warriors.

Give your version according to your criteria.Thank you for your opinion.

Did someone said "Powerful Warriorrs"? I just leave this here....
    wowwiki dot wikia dot com/wiki/Saurfang_facts