10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    still no announcement of the announcement like they did with gamescom.
    They don't need to draw extra attention to Blizzcon, with Gamescom they had to make sure people interested would know to look out for the announcement, as they normally save that stuff for Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Tel Abim?

Yep. It's an island expansion for sure.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=6304/damp-diary-page-day-4
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=6305/damp-diary-page-day-87
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=6306/dam...y-page-day-512

That's it. The ultimate evil.

We're going for the... bananas!

still no announcement of the announcement like they did with gamescom.
    Lol this is blizzcon, they're not gonna say shit.

I know they typically reveal the full CGI cinematic weeks or months after blizzcon, but I really want them to just straight up end the opening ceremony with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found the bananas of Tel Abim fascinating. When you read through the journals your initial thoughts are "okay, this guy was starved and dehydrated and clearly started hallucinating."

But what if it was something else that drove him mad? Maybe they weren't bananas that he was looking at, but tentacles! Maybe it was the Old Gods after all...

Come mister tel'abim, tel'abim bananas...

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I know they typically reveal the full CGI cinematic weeks or months after blizzcon, but I really want them to just straight up end the opening ceremony with it.
    They probably will, they did so at legion's blizzcon, 3 months after announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wouldn't? But at the same time, staggering the hype is a good marketing strategy. Releasing everything at once leaves us without a cinematic to look forward to. With the cinematic in mind, we'll constantly have it in the back of our minds and thus we'll continue talking about the expansion for longer.

Besides, with the announcement of the expansion itself and all its features, we'll already have a lot to talk about.

Oh yeah, they definitely will end the ceremony with WoW. And they have the info panel DIRECTLY after it: I don't think they even did that with Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Oh yeah, they definitely will end the ceremony with WoW. And they have the info panel DIRECTLY after it: I don't think they even did that with Legion!
    Yea i'm getting the feeling they wanne end the opening ceremony with wow with then a 15 min break and back straight into the wow panel. its on the same stage right?

I can see it now.

Opens with Jaina on a boat to Kul'Tiras. Suddenly N'zoth appears out of the ocean and smashes the boat, along with killing Jaina.

The end.

Legion reveal started with a short CGI cinematic of Gul'dan finding Illidan, so they might do the same thing this time before the features & content trailer plays. I would not expect to see the full 3 minute one any time soon though.

All I know is that if I hear a ship noise or a wave crash when the Blizzard logo appears I'll probably yell and run on here to shitpost.

its gonna be like MoP. Jaina on a boat with mad eyes thinking about something. then the harbour of Kul'Tiras. Over to Anduin who is worried af..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Depending on if they finally managed to kill their drought and how far along they are this time. That could be a way to super hype it.

That massively inflated dev team has still yet to show where the impact is. It might be wishful thinking hit I feel like half the dev team started full development on the follow up expansion when Legion was released.

It's a crack pipe dream I know.
    I mean, you don't call the Legion pipeline of content an indication of where the effort went? I do, they've never had such a reliable and tight schedule before, ever. And tbh I wouldn't even be surprised if 8.0 released between 03 and 06/2018, at the rate they're going at since Legion's launch.

its gonna be like MoP. Jaina on a boat with mad eyes thinking about something. then the harbour of Kul'Tiras. Over to Anduin who is worried af..
    I'd love it if it's similar to that as a throwback, but as she sees it something comes to greet her...

10+ Year Old Account
    Question to everyone here: what would be your least favorite theme for the expansion?

(I hate to sound pessimistic but this could be an effective way of guessing what the next expansion is actually going to be about.)

Personally I have two expansion themes/ideas that I'm dreading the most:

1. A purely Old God centered expansion with nothing to do with the South Seas.
    2. A Void-themed expansion with Ethereals as either a main focus or a new race.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Question to everyone here: what would be your least favorite theme for the expansion?

(I hate to sound pessimistic but this could be an effective way of guessing what the next expansion is actually going to be about.)

Orcs.

/10bananas

Least favorite? Hmmm that's a tough one honestly.

Probably an old god themed expansion with nothing other than old god shit and void colors. That, or an undead or horde expansion.

Twilight Hammer or another planet.