10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Question to everyone here: what would be your least favorite theme for the expansion?

(I hate to sound pessimistic but this could be an effective way of guessing what the next expansion is actually going to be about.)

Personally I have two expansion themes/ideas that I'm dreading the most:

1. A purely Old God centered expansion with nothing to do with the South Seas.
    2. A Void-themed expansion with Ethereals as either a main focus or a new race.
    Anything that has nothing to do with Old Gods/Azshara whatsoever. I'm fine with compromises or mixed themes, but the Queen's time has finally come and I don't want another swerve for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    anything that has nothing to do with old gods/azshara whatsoever. I'm fine with compromises or mixed themes, but the queen's time has finally come and i don't want another swerve for no reason.
    the queen must rise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No I know it shows but I'm just saying this could be them finally fixing the drought. If it's pretty far along they could announce with the cinematic and start Beta at the end of November.

Like I said its a crack pipe dream.
    I doubt we'll get any less than 4-5 months of Antorus even with a fast-as-hell release, people would legit be pissed over such a short last Tier imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt we'll get any less than 4-5 months of Antorus even with a fast-as-hell release, people would legit be pissed over such a short last Tier imo.
    I'll give it 5-6 months at minimum.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Who wouldn't? But at the same time, staggering the hype is a good marketing strategy. Releasing everything at once leaves us without a cinematic to look forward to. With the cinematic in mind, we'll constantly have it in the back of our minds and thus we'll continue talking about the expansion for longer.

Besides, with the announcement of the expansion itself and all its features, we'll already have a lot to talk about.
    Perhaps for people who don't play the game. For those who already play WoW, Alpha/Beta datamining and content patch updates are more than enough for us to talk about I feel like.

I mean, you don't call the Legion pipeline of content an indication of where the effort went? I do, they've never had such a reliable and tight schedule before, ever. And tbh I wouldn't even be surprised if 8.0 released between 03 and 06/2018, at the rate they're going at since Legion's launch.
    It obviously didn't go into WoD, that's for sure.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Question to everyone here: what would be your least favorite theme for the expansion?

(I hate to sound pessimistic but this could be an effective way of guessing what the next expansion is actually going to be about.)

I'm not so keen on those 2 themes either. I loved the sense of freshness that Mists of Pandaria injected into the game and I feel like a South Seas expansion could potentially recapture that. I wouldn't mind some minor Old God influence going on in the background, sort of like MoP.

Imagine if the sea around Kul Tiras was just... flesh.
    It'd be like that dog world creepypasta.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

https: //imgur.com/a/aWvI4

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Ka'resh for sure is my least favorite. Other worlds just don't interest me, and honestly proactively going to them is even worse.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Justafriend View Post
    They're obviously trying to appeal to the Vanilla Server people with those graphics /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice model edit of stormwind.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    still no announcement of the announcement like they did with gamescom.
    and there wont be.

omg guys this must be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    The section is called "World of Warcraft: What's Next?"

What else would it be about? More Antorus?
    knowing blizzard. something called a major patch while its actually just a hotfix with twitter interaction, so yeah I wouldnt be sure

How can we bring back Daelin?

I guess I'm the weird one when I say I've never had any sort of appeal to a Naga/pirate/south seas expansion. Not crapping all over it for people that do, just not my cup of tea. I'm always down for some more troll or scourge action though. Then again I'm also weird because I despise the lore/atmosphere/tone/setting of MoP. Even I won't deny it's solid gameplay mechanics and raiding though.

5+ Year Old Account

Hearthstone is Pirates

we know its pirates 50+ pages ago sorry

hey boiz nothing special happened leak wise right (in last 30ish pages)

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    How can we bring back Daelin?

http://www.wowhead.com/mission=1274/...ence-of-hatred