Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because redoing 1 Map in LoL is tantamount to redoing the entirety of WoW.
    also this... They have one map to remake, that's probly got less textures on it than one single zone in WoW.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    They do update the visuals every expansion, through a combination of model and animation revamps, new engine features, and expanded settings.

Here's Ashenvale in Classic:

And in Cataclysm:

And here's Val'Sharah in Legion:

Granted, a lot of the old world zones do look pretty dated by modern standards, even with settings cranked, especially when compared to newer zones. I think some of that could certainly do with a major refresh -- especially a lot of the old trees and buildings.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-10-29 at 02:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They just need to firstly upgrade the graphics engine.. then go from there.. a good example is the new assassins creed origins graphics wow could be alot like that but not enough interest.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The new content looks great honestly.
    It'd be great if they could also update all of the old content to look that good but it's a huge manpower issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    They just need to firstly upgrade the graphics engine.. then go from there.. a good example is the new assassins creed origins graphics wow could be alot like that but not enough interest.
    The potential market for MMOs is small enough to begin with, without limiting yourself to those people with highend rigs that could run it with graphics on par with a singleplayer 2017 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    when they update the engine to take proper advantage of more than 1 CPU core, they will be able to better support the potatoes and add options to make the game look better on high end systems at the same time.
    Doesn't the 64bit client do that yet? I thought they did that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    Well I mean considering there are settings for literally everything to up or down your visuals, supporting potatoes does not affect the visuals when set at the top level...
    Well yes it does, if you didn't have to have the base settings dumbed down for potatoes, you could have them much higher, and then better top end visuals too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynkeus View Post
    Those potato owners' money have same value with you so don't expect that.
    Unfortunately true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Doesn't the 64bit client do that yet? I thought they did that already.
    bit has nothing to do with it, at all. This is a limitation of the API (DirectX11, and all it's predecessors), if we get a DX12 or Vulkan upgrade, then we will have proper multicore support.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Making a new game is a new graphics engine is a lot of work.

Remaking an old game in a new graphics engine is... a fuckton MORE work.

Frankly, I don't think a new engine would be "useful" to WoW in any meaningful way because the game was designed around very specific limitations. "Heightening" those limitations doesn't make those original assets better.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don't think the type of person that would play WoW at this point is the type that would care much about graphics.

OK, so first of all, they HAVE updated the graphics over the years, and it was numerous times at that even.

Second, "more advanced graphics" doesnt automatically mean better, and the artistic aspect is MASSIVE.

The graphics in WoW are fine in my opinion.....
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Some people still play on bad computers, the better graphics the more you isolate people playing on lesser computers

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Some people still play on bad computers, the better graphics the more you isolate people playing on lesser computers
    Flawed argument, all the new content is more hardware demanding every expansion, besides you can always change your game settings to low/medium/high and many other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    [/B]

"No doubt". I doubt. I doubt it quite a bit actually. Unless you have a survey of 1,000 players who started and quit the game regarding why they quit.

Also if WoW looked like LoL i'd quit.
    I hope you realize you just supported his argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Flawed argument, all the new content is more hardware demanding every expansion, besides you can always change your game settings to low/medium/high and many other options.
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/76459

Nowhere near demanding for minimum.

The Core 2 Duo listed is 9 years old. The GT 440 is 6 years old. The AMD CPU is around 8 years old.

Even recommended can be built on a budget so even the recommended requirements aren't budget intensive.

Part of the appeal of the game is that it can run on low end pcs still. Might not be Pentium 4 stuff but that's still old tech listed in the min requirements.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-29 at 04:14 AM.

They did. Just look at this cutscene from WotLK.

Now look at this one from late Mists of Pandaria.

(I could've picked anything from around this cutscene onward when they started using the improved character models but I love this fight)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

"Perfecting" the fashion that WoW already is, is the most important thing.

WoW has it's style. I hope they continue to build around that.

considering the age of the engine.. its amazing its being pushed as hard as it is. I suspect soon (tm) a new engine is part of an expac.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    in the thumbnail, vanilla looks a lot better to me. after watching the video i came to the conclusion that the improvements are not that great. in 11 years there are no massive game engine updates to really increase the details on characters. the clothes still seem to be glued to the skin. lul

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They did. Just look at this cutscene from WotLK.

(I could've picked anything from around this cutscene onward when they started using the improved character models but I love this fight)
    Love that cutscene. I could just imagine it with modern graphics. The facial expressions that could make it even better. Wrathgate started Blizzard cut scenes, and for the most part, they have kept it up solid ever since.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the style of WoW. Idc if people say it looks dated

However i do think the UI and menu/ sub menus could use a massive overhaul