Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pumpkin Spice Latte

It being Fall means that cafes are featuring Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

What's your take on this? Are you a fan? Which cafe do you usually go to?

You even have people ranking them..

CoGro

Oh CoGro, I wanted this to be my favourite, but unfortunately it just wasn’t up to snuff.

The campus PSL was nowhere close to being as sweet as it should’ve been. It left a weird
    after-taste similar to what you’d imagine if you just put some pumpkin spice in your mouth and tried to swallow it.

It still had the same autumn vibe necessary for a true latte, but I’ll chalk this blunder up to CoGro not having as much time to learn the time-honoured fall drink recipe as its competitors.
    Rating: 2/5

Starbucks

I’ve probably consumed at least 500 PSLs from Starbucks in the seven years since I tried my first one, so there wasn’t really a reason to test it again, but hey, any excuse to go to Starbucks, right?

I got my grande pumpkin spice latte, keeping in mind the inconsistency of the acclaimed coffeehouse chain. The one I was given was sweet but not too sweet, warm and perfectly seasonal.

However, even though I feel like Starbucks is the designer version of them, it really isn’t anything to write home about. Also, the inconsistency I’ve experienced certainly knocks it down a couple points.
    Rating: 3/5

Tim Hortons

The PSL at Tim Hortons was honestly much better than I expected. It had much more of the pumpkin spice flavor than its competitors and yet, was surprisingly less sweet.

Considering the fact that it’s so much cheaper also probably made it taste that much better.

To me, the orange color of it kind of scared me but also didn’t have the fake taste I was expecting, safe to say it was a pleasant surprise.

I also wasn’t the biggest fan of the non-negotiable addition of whipped cream to the drink but considering I’m probably one of the few that has this preference, I feel like it’s not exactly a

deal-breaker.

Rating: 4/5

In the end, it was Tim Hortons that gained the title of number one. It was the perfect combination of the pumpkin spice flavor and sweetness won me over.
    http://www.queensjournal.ca/story/20...-spice-lattes/

Serious business eh?

It's a shame they get served with so much whipped cream. Very unhealthy.

I had one last week and thought it was pretty forgettable. Chai Latte/Cappuchino anyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Forgettable enough that you made a fucking thread about it.
    Well yeah. I read a few news articles about it so I figured I'd give them a try.

How is it a fad exactly? it's a drink, that you drink because you like the taste. I personally think they're pretty good tasting. I get them from dunkin donuts ocasionally. I can't seem to think of a reason to dislike them outside of not liking coffee itself

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    How is it a fad exactly? it's a drink, that you drink because you like the taste. I personally think they're pretty good tasting. I get them from dunkin donuts ocasionally. I can't seem to think of a reason to dislike them outside of not liking coffee itself
    Because they taste like pumpkin pie...which tastes like gingerbread soaked in piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Because they taste like pumpkin pie...which tastes like gingerbread soaked in piss.
    Whatever I would've posted in this thread does not some up my actual feelings as good as this post.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I have never had anything pumpkin spice flavored or drank a latte. I'm bad at being a white girl :/

10+ Year Old Account
    my basic white girl genetics will not let me dislike pumpkin spice lattes

or cheerios

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really love them and all pumpkin things. I'm sorry.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I don't drink coffee so who am I to judge, but pumpkin and coffee doesn't sound like a good mix.

Take the coffee out and then let's talk :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Mandatory, "and you know that because?"

But really I loathe this time of year because of pumpkin spice. What people are really amped about is Halloween, followed by Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas and New Years. Can make fucking pumpkin spice any time of the year.

*Europeans and Australians who frequent this forum, your kilometerage may vary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't drink coffee so who am I to judge, but pumpkin and coffee doesn't sound like a good mix.

Take the coffee out and then let's talk :P
    It's flavorings and milk. The coffee is just in there to sell it as a drink. And there's no pumpkin in "pumpkin spice." It's cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Which is a pretty damn good base for, example, "Chai" tea latte, which also contains no tea.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2017-10-29 at 05:33 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get the premade ones from the store, but as soon as peppermint mocha comes out I drop pumpkin spice so hard.

They're okay. I think what's worse than the fads is the hate-fads that revolve around them, like this obsession with hating on pumpkin spice due to its popularity. It's just a drink that gets popular at about this time because it gets people in a seasonal mood, you don't have to turn it into more than it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like the mix
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

10+ Year Old Account
    do not want

I do like peppermint and gingerbread as far as seasonal favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's flavorings and milk. The coffee is just in there to sell it as a drink. And there's no pumpkin in "pumpkin spice." It's cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Which is a pretty damn good base for, example, "Chai" tea latte, which also contains no tea.
    Oh so it doesn't even have a pumpkin taste?

Hang on, are you saying it has neither pumpkin nor coffee in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's the spices you might use in a pumpkin pie. No pumpkin. The flavorings that you might put on processed pumpkin.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's the spices you might use in a pumpkin pie. No pumpkin. The flavorings that you might put on processed pumpkin.
    Depending on the shop, they DO have pumpkin.

Starbucks ingredients:

Milk, Pumpkin Spice Sauce [Sugar, Condensed Skim Milk, Pumpkin Puree, Contains 2% Or Less Of Fruit And Vegetable Juice For Color, Natural Flavors, Annatto, Salt, Potassium Sorbate], Brewed Espresso, Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Pumpkin Spice Topping [Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Sulfiting Agents].
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Why the rebranding? Not an ace anymore?

Hang on, are you saying it has neither pumpkin nor coffee in it?
    I still think it's got coffee in there, just the flavorings of pumpkin pie, without the pumpkin. I can't make heads or tails of it either, but if you're a basic white girl, throw on your Ugg boots and head on down to Starbucks!