Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nice bait thread we have there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh. There have been massive improvements? The game looks several times better today than it did at release. Like, almost no comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed a lot and imho, WoW looks quite good.
    Don't confuse art style with GFX quality.

WoW isn't supposed to look fotorealistic. They WANT a comic-esque look.

Now, what I would really want is actual 3D armor, with physics etc.
    Those "coat of paint" robes are so meeeh.

Deleted
    Wow graphics age well and they try to improve it as much as they can bit by bit, which is the good way to go when you want to go long term.

A refreshing overhaul of the older zones would be great tho. Also if they could make them relevant again... Hope next expansion gets us back in all of azeroth and they can justify a graphic update.

Comparing LoL's scope to WoW is beyond any logic and reason on this world, other worlds, other dimensions, past, future, present and all realities and all religions.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    They do? Also wow looks better than almost every other mmo on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Have you seen the Argus skyboxes? They are beautiful compared to the ones in WoD.
    The Argus skybox is hideous. It looks like a flat, low-detailed drawing. It's garbage. The only good thing is Azeroth in that skybox.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2017-10-29 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    I said this in another thread, when they stop supporting people who play on potatoes they probably could make the game look much better.
    And lose all that audience (especially people playing on laptops, as not all laptops have top-notch 3D cards). Sounds like a plan... oh wait.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

It's really not worth it for them to update much of the old stuff. You spend so little time in places like Outland and Northrend that's it's not worth the outlay of money and resources it would take to update it. Most of the old armor and weapons look like garbage compared to modern armor as well. (design wise I mean) Scale up most of that old armor and it's still gonna look like crap.

I totally would be up or them updating older mounts though since we still have opportunities to use those.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    I said this in another thread, when they stop supporting people who play on potatoes they probably could make the game look much better.
    I mean I agree on one hand but they'd be cutting off a lot of consumers to do it. I would love it but I know there's lots of people that would be fucked by it so it can't happen.

I also kind of like WoW's aesthetic and the gradual improvements to the game's visuals haven't fucked with it too much yet.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

They do.

/10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I totally would be up or them updating older mounts though since we still have opportunities to use those.
    I agree some of my mounts are telling their age now plus it'd be cool if they gave a pass over on some of the older hunter hunter pets, looking at you loque'nahak.

Deleted
    Make WoW look like Witcher 3. /s

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do.
    /close topic

And OP, what do you mean by "LIKE OTHER DEVS"? Remind me what "other" MMORPGs have improved their visuals over the years? I mean, as intensive as WoW. Eh, exactly, there is zero of them. Most of them died couple years after release, other try to survive on F2P, they dont even think about improving the visuals.

Oh, btw, i loled at LoL "visual improvements".

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Do you recall Vanilla? Remember the old character models? There have been major improvements to the game's visuals since its launch.
    While that is probably true, the models look better than vanilla WoW, but I think maybe the OP is asking, overall, compared to other games, why WoW still looks like it does. Some of the Unreal Engine footage that people have created comes to mind. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I know one of WoW's major appeals is that it can literally be played on a toaster, but its 2017 and I'd love if WoW looked like this:

Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    While that is probably true, the models look better than vanilla WoW, but I think maybe the OP is asking, overall, compared to other games, why WoW still looks like it does. Some of the Unreal Engine footage that people have created comes to mind. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I know one of WoW's major appeals is that it can literally be played on a toaster, but its 2017 and I'd love if WoW looked like this:

The reason you won't see this happen is simple:
    It wouldn't be worth the money.
    It would cost more money to remake the entire game in a new engine than it would make them (and yes, it would require rebuilding in a new engine).

Upgrading the current engine and expanding its limits slowly results in much more money gained. It's easier to do and they can sell it as expansion content (see WoD, where they sold updated models on the box as a major feature when in reality it was free for every player).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account

Except... that doesn't look like world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Nice bait thread we have there.
    Indeed. Tennis posted once or twice and then completely cut out.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-10-29 at 10:20 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

It's easy to import wow assets and show what iut looks like in another engine, it's another thing to convert the entire game to be working in that engine. And while graphically the lighting and shadows look better in UE4, I feel that it doesn't really fit the art style... But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Indeed. Tennis posted once or twice and then completely cut out.
    Isn't that typical to his type of threads though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    If we look at League of Legends and other such games, over the years there have been massive graphical improvements.

But with WoW it looks fairly similar to when it first was developed. I get that they want to go for a certain artstyle but some of the textures in particular look like a game from the ps2/xbox era.

Shouldn't Blizz give this more attention? It no doubt is a major factor why new players don't bother trying the game out.
    Pretty sure wow is a bit bigger in size than other games than LoL. But they anyway update some graphics every now and then.

Wow is defined through its comic graphic, this simply does not fit its character.