Poll: Where would you Settle your Guild Hall

7+ Year Old Account

Guild Hall/Guild Town Choose where to settle it in Azeroth!

This idea just got into my mind.

1st, Guild Hall is long overtime in being a part of World of Warcrafts Social systems (Just to make things clear Blizzard would be Scaling down the Utilty by 20 since we saw that in WOD, Garrisons had 10 times more Unility then they needed).

But listen, how about making it so that each guild can choose between spots around Azeroth where to put there Guild Hall/Guild Town?

Think about how cool that could be, Guild could be known for being part of having there guild Settled in an Azerothian Town/city or Just beeing a simple Guild Hall out in the wilderness far away from town/Citys.

Examples: "Method" of Sun Rock Retreat, "Limit" of Andorhal or "ScrubBusters" of Stormwind.

What do you think?
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    EK- all my favorite zones are there.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Im a Druid, so we kinda already have a spot lol...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably Mulgore, possibly one of the least touched by cataclysm zone in Kalimdor, speaking of grander zone visual style.

No giant tidal waves, volcanoes, twisters, maelstroms have hit the place.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-29 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choice? HA, you'll choose the place that's most efficient according to a video made by method or some other like-kind guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was an option, you would most likely share with other players a phased location of a 'broken' location.

Though, if I had the choice, Pandaria or Eastern Kingdoms.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, as I'm not the guild leader I wouldn't have a choice in the matter. Which is one of several reasons why guild halls are a terrible idea.

Deleted
    I'm against any feature that puts players in their own instances, isolates players from world, so I don't understand some player's obsession with guild halls and housing and hope such system never makes it into WoW.

But if I had to choose, would probably pick EK or Kalimdor, depending on faction. For horde it could be pool thingie in middle of Azshara. For alliance it could be airfield above Ironforge.

I just want them to do it like FFXIV does it. Problem, solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Explain please. Never played that game.

This would be neat, it would expand upon the planned garrison feature that was scrapped

Azuremyst Isle. At least no one else would bother me there. Except for the elekks.. I mean, the draenei.

But hey we have Garrison! It was awesome!! So much fun man!

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Explain please. Never played that game.
    They essentially have a zone in each part of the world (so it's different themed) dedicated to player/guild housing. I think there's about 30-40 houses per zone and they separate them by districts, which would be like phasing, You enter Housing Zone - District 12, same zone, all different house owners. I think they have 20-30 districts per zone? I don't quite remember.

They have Small, Medium & Large plots to put your houses on, which means yes you can decorate the outside land around your house as well, and everyone in the district can see it. You can set your house to public access or restrict it to friends, guilds etc.

The houses aren't cheap either, even the small ones will cost quite a bit and guilds generally combine funds to get themselves a house. Now buying a house isn't restricted only to guilds, you can buy them as a player if you want but you can only own 1 player house & 1 guild house from memory.

So your guild can either have a house, or you as a player can also have one if you're rich enough - but what if you aren't?

They solve this in two ways, if you're in a guild you are able to rent a room from them so when you enter it (it's phased to you), it's your own little part of the guild house and you can decorate it as you see fit, and the other can come into your room if you want etc. If you aren't in a guild, then have like a hotel system in each zone district that does I think like 60-80 rooms? So you can rent a room there as well.

It lets everyone experience the system, while allowing the guilds or minority of richer players experience the same thing on a larger scale.

Should also be noted they allow you to share access to things like customizing your house, if you wanted someone else to decorate it for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    How does that work? Kinda Interested ^^
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I made a post above a bit if you want to look at it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47758716

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria easily. Beautiful and calming

Northern Kalimdor as 2nd choice. 3rd being around Undercity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Create an instanced Island thats filed with guild housing

Very tough decision. I'd really love it, of course. I lead a roleplay guild. We got a lot of use out of the Garrison. All the officers built an identical one, so we could always visit there with the guild. But an actual class hall instead of a guild hall, where you run into your guildies when doing your daily stuff? Hell yeah, that would be a great way to get interaction going.

My first instinct is to vote Kalimdor. But it also depends a little on what the next expansion will be. Knowing the state of the world would be good, before I'd pick a location.

Honestly I'd love a guild skyship as well. A guild center that can change location to a zone of your choice. Would solve the location problem of needing an empty location in the land, and you'd be able to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I'm against any feature that puts players in their own instances, isolates players from world, so I don't understand some player's obsession with guild halls and housing and hope such system never makes it into WoW.
    That's because you lack imagination to see how it could actually enhance and add to actual outdoor content as well.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Either pandaria or silvermoon in easteren kingdoms i would settle, both got great looks, great music and both are calm places.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-10-30 at 03:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Either pandaria or silvermoon is easteren kingdoms i would settle, both got great looks, great music and both are calm places.
    Silvermoon would be so perfect ^^
    -