Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good to see the guldan mount was hot fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    While i really like the idea of riddles, that blizzard puts into the game regularly now, I deem them impossible to solve as a single person or even a guild.
    I mean just look at this binary code riddle, I wouldn't have solved this in a 1000 years to be honest.

And the 'normal' players just (have to) play by a guide afterwards, resulting in literal lines in front of any secret object, taking both the fun and the mystery out of it.

The random maze was (or is, I have not startet the questline for the mount at all) a good start, but this should be done on any step of the riddle, but making it solvable for a single player in return.

Right now the fun part of these riddles is just tailored for a single community, aka the secret discord.
    Blizzard is doing this to get the community together, not to create single player experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    I think most of the riddles were actually pretty good (not that I would have been able to solve any of them by myself). Endless Halls however...yeeesh...that had to be the single handedly WORST design of anything they did. Not only was it a bunch of bullshit, but there was no indication that any of that was happening, and with two way cross rooms, and a secret random teleport room any attempts at actually mapping out the area were futile.

If you were able to stay within the grid, and not hit the teleport room, then MAYBE you could make a semi reliable map and backtrack. But a lot of people just finished after hours of random wandering.

Whoever thought this was good game design should be fired...out of a cannon...into the sun. It feels like what some pretentious indie douche would put on Steam Greeenlight for $5, not what experienced and well paid professionals should be creating.
    Endless Halls was great. There have been, and will come more riddles for people like you who don't enjoy things like the Endless Halls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What is with all these people complaining about "Panser hosting Blizzcon?" It says Chris Hardwick is hosting community night and she's just a judge for the talent contest.

Or am I going crazy?
    You have a fair point. Has there been an announcement as to who is hosting the Q&A panel? My logic is that she's there on Blizzard's behalf (and she's hosting something, as you've mentioned) and my hope is that she's not part of the Q&A.

The Nighthold

Fixed a bug causing the Living Infernal Core to sometimes drop in Raid Finder difficulty.

There goes that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Panser

This part made me chuckle:

"Spoilers abound! If you wish to solve this riddle yourself, DON’T read on! You have been warned."

I mean, obligatory spoiler warning I guess, but good luck solving this yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Betulioo View Post
    I hope some day people will stop complaining about every single thing. Like, even the most little thing, how you guys mannage to live when things dont go as you like?
    This. On a whim I decided to go look up the original WC3 cinematic on youtube earlier today. Every. Single. Comment. On the page was whining. This is when Warcraft was good, this was before Warcraft was ruined, this is when Blizzard was good, this was before Blizzard sold out. Every. Comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Massive props to designer who made Endless Halls. I had to use brain in WoW for the first time in many many years. Feels good. I wish the rest of game required brain, but it has been dumbed down for lowest common denominator since WoTLK.
    Yeah, because grinding black lotus for flasks, farming resist sets, and 2 button rotations in classic were mentally challenging and stimulating.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    This part made me chuckle:

"Spoilers abound! If you wish to solve this riddle yourself, DON’T read on! You have been warned."

I mean, obligatory spoiler warning I guess, but good luck solving this yourself
    yeh there is no human on the planet with an IQ high enough to solve those riddles alone before they die, the chair and pet battle ones are truly fucking insane, working out what the binary means, then how to change them into sets of 8 and 5 and 24, multiply them, put them through a cipher, somehow work out that mess of letters is fucking pet battle abilities, then realise you need the max damage the pet battles can do what the actual FUCK!? the 180 and +1111111111 is obvious but before that? it was actually completely unsolved in English only in Chinese it's pure insanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, because grinding black lotus for flasks, farming resist sets, and 2 button rotations in classic were mentally challenging and stimulating.
    *facepalm* Looks like you are in hardcore raider mind set. That shit affected about 0.1% of player base, the rest of players enjoyed more challenging outdoor content than anything since then. Game doesn't need to have 100 of buttons to be challenging, certainly not MMORPG game. Also I didn't mention vanilla, yet you jumped to conclusions. BC was perfectly balanced all around.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Ugh, I have to wonder if it really was a "bug" or if they got shit from "elite raiders" about "filthy LFR bads" having access to a mount. It didn't hurt anyone for it to have a small chance to drop in there, except those with egos. It's not like it was the Mythic mount...
    It truly seems like you are genuinely wondering instead of having made up your mind and then being really angry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I used to like Panser. Long time ago. The moment she uploaded a video acting like a child is what killed my interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIcfAvtoyBs
    How she even got the job at blizzcon after this silly rant is beyond me

Deleted
    Love is the answer like neo on the trainstation pozdrawiam zdr zdr

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    How she even got the job at blizzcon after this silly rant is beyond me
    You mean that video from over five years ago when she was barely even an adult, upset that something that clearly meant a lot to her got cancelled?

Gosh, I don't know, but you're right, it should totally be held against her for the rest of her life. In fact, I'll be back in five years to give all you guys shit for pissing and moaning about her judging a talent contest you're probably not even attending.

No, but seriously, grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You mean that video from over five years ago when she was barely even an adult, upset that something that clearly meant a lot to her got cancelled?

Gosh, I don't know, but you're right, it should totally be held against her for the rest of her life. In fact, I'll be back in five years to give all you guys shit for pissing and moaning about her judging a talent contest you're probably not even attending.

No, but seriously, grow up.
    She was 24 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brydence View Post
    Thank goodness someone besides me can't stand Panser. Can't we please just cancel her appearance and swap in Taliesin and Evitel?
    I'm with you. I can't stand her. I won't say anything negative, other than that.

Mad props to those who solved those riddles. Makes me think about trying to plug into that community and participate in solving the next set, but not sure I'm smart enough to be much help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Endless Halls was great. There have been, and will come more riddles for people like you who don't enjoy things like the Endless Halls.
    Endless fucking halls were the reason why our guild event to get this mount turned to be a very sour experience where I got to solve the maze about 3 hours after beginning, another of my friends 2 hours after me and the third gave up afterwards and will probably never do the whole thing again. So much for a MMO experience.

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    What in the actual bloody fuck...heaven forbid something worth wild drop in LFR...

Tier sets, op trinkets and an easy chance at mythic ilvl gear aren't worth while? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm seriously asking if you think tier sets, mythic gear and trinkets aren't worth your time.

C'mon dude, it's for you to /see/ the content, what is it that you expect LFR to be? If you want the mount, you can pug normal NH, it takes less than an hour even in LFR ToS gear. Or, just roflstomp the place next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Endless fucking halls were the reason why our guild event to get this mount turned to be a very sour experience where I got to solve the maze about 3 hours after beginning, another of my friends 2 hours after me and the third gave up afterwards and will probably never do the whole thing again. So much for a MMO experience.
    There are plenty of other things for you to do together in the game. This event wasn't for you, but it was something for other people with a better patience. It's impossible to make everything for everyone.

For the love of God give us a release date for Antorus and get that out sooner than later. Mythic Tomb is a horrendous raid tier.