Poll: Should they ?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Game evolves. should they get rid of rated pvp ?

I think bg and brawls is leaning toward the right direction. I believe everything that has a rated pvp stamp in wow is unpopular now. especially when players in need of competition have a lot more games to play now. there can be still be arenas for fun/rewards, solo queues and ranking.
    I believe that the sole reasons why there's some players in that is :
    -rewards, which have nothing to do with rated pvp itself
    -boost and real money boosts, which also have nothing to do with rated pvp

I like the rewards. but I think rated pvp with so called seasons is a dead branch.

what do you think ?

Deleted
    Thats the only reason most people play pvp is because of rated pvp such as arena, without rating there would be no fun, just look for example at league of legends, u think ranked matches would be so popular and fun if there were no ranks? hell no

I'd much rather have the old honor system.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You mean having maximum 4 hours sleep a day to keep Honor rank 14?

On topic: I don't really play rankeds but I think they have to stay to give some incentive for PvP players to gather in guilds and keep getting better.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the majority of the players do "casual" (or grindy) non rated pvp.

I think it's nice to care about what other players think, but I believe that if you really care to look at the reasons why some play rated pvp, fun is not a part of it for a very large majority. rewards and boosts like I said, also passing time, habit, or nostalgia of old systems. competition too but this is not tied to wow. they can have it in other competitive games and I believe those exact players even if they're very few, would like more fun. if it's not fun then it has no reasons to exists.

if you find it fun what are the reasons, and are you happy with the current system ?
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-10-29 at 12:48 PM.

This takes the cake so far for the dumbest post of the year!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You mean so unemployed people with the most time become "the best"??

I think what they could do is to make Rated PvP standalone on the Tournament realm in the form of a f2p model of some sort, that way they can go nuts with abilities and balancing for pve and not be bothered with the arena constraints.

So rated pvp tournament realm only with premade characters, casual pvp stays as it is on "live" wow, titles/achievements you earn on the arena realm are transfered to your main account after each season.

Making it f2p would certainly draw more people to it that way maybe.

Rated pvp needs to be made independent of the ability to make groups for it. Solo queue rated 6v6 bgs, maybe solo queue rated 3v3 arena (skirmishes are an obvious failure) . That would revitalize wow pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    This takes the cake so far for the dumbest post of the year!
    please try to come up with something constructive instead of this

Why? You create a troll topic, my answer is on par with it. Hey ho i'm a casual look at me, I don't like something that doesn't affect me at all, lets remove the competitive scene of wow pvp because why would someone play wow pvp when you can play PUBG? I mean, holy cow, I'm tired of someone bragging at me cuz i can't get past 1.2k rating FeelsBadMan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    Why? You create a troll topic, my answer is on par with it. Hey ho i'm a casual look at me, I don't like something that doesn't affect me at all, lets remove the competitive scene of wow pvp because why would someone play wow pvp when you can play PUBG? I mean, holy cow, I'm tired of someone bragging at me cuz i can't get past 1.2k rating FeelsBadMan.
    I believe that players don't like pvp as it is right now. I think it needs to be improved with a new system, better and more fun. if no one question old systems/discuss about it, we can't expect to have better pvp anytime soon.

Yes. 100%. Remove it entirely.

Elitism has had a stranglehold on PvP for a long while now and all it's resulted in is a steady stagnation of PvP. Right now it's worse than ever, pretty close to dead. Barely anyone plays arenas. BGs are only active because it's ridiculous easy to do them. World PvP is completely dead.

PvP templates are a trash design, among many other things. The philosophy needs to change entirely. This goal of achieving "balance" is a fool's task.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I believe that players don't like pvp as it is right now. I think it needs to be improved with a new system, better and more fun. if no one question old systems/discuss about it, we can't expect to have better pvp anytime soon.
    That's a whole new topic, I dont like how pvp is either, it should totally get a new system and improve, but the competitive area should stay.

Deleted
    Holy shit no.

Personally, I think they should get rid of everything but rated BGs. Then, you would have competitive people at the high rankings and new people at the lower rankings (like sports leagues). Arena people can go play Overwatch (most did already).

10+ Year Old Account
    Being good at the game should have its own rewards separate from rewards you'd get from just playing PvP. That's why we have rated.

I'm willing to bet the people voting "No" are the same people who hate the elite transmog sets being locked behind ratings.
    No, I don't pvp well and don't have sets I want hidden away from the world so I can be a snowflake.

I'm a pretty casual 1800-1900 3's/RBG guy, and don't do it in any serious fashion- but I like having it available when the wind blows the right way for me and my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by KRWMoliugas View Post
    Thats the only reason most people play pvp is because of rated pvp such as arena, without rating there would be no fun, just look for example at league of legends, u think ranked matches would be so popular and fun if there were no ranks? hell no
    You VASTLY overestimate the number of people playing ranked vs unranked in both games. Straight from RIOT, the VAST majority of players NEVER play ranked. Hell, ive had a LoL account since the original beta. I play regularly (at least one or two sessions a week, and when im “in the mood” - daily for at least the first-win bonus) and ive literally never once been interested in ranked or ever played ranked.

Similarly with WoW, ive been playing since the early stages of the original beta, with a hiatus for Pandaria, and ive never once been interested in ranked play. The only ranked games ive ever played were in Cata, to help a friend finish capping his conquest for the week, for a few weeks.

In WoW, we dont even have to take Blizzards word for it. Pre-Legion, about 46-48% of ALL max level characters got a full set of Conquest gear every season (millions of people) Conversely, the BEST season for rated participation... had about 350,000 on the ladder. Most, significantly less. I think we were sub 60k last season.

By and large, the rated PvP community has always thought it was a lot more important than it was. Just like the raiding community.