Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

It's official- Overwatch has overtaken WoW as the flagship/darling of Blizzard

https://postimg.org/image/72bwu5n7nv/

Notice the placement. WoW has all along been the first from left. Not anymore.

Looking forward to Overwatch League

Wow you're right this is surely the sign of the end of wow, no expansion announcement at blizzcon inc
    /sarcasm off

Well both Overwatch and Hearthstone make way more money then WoW. It hasn't been the flag ship for awhile now.

wow still makes them more money then any game they are working on......

you are reading into it TO MUCH!

however in tersm of effort put in it and money made IN RATIO wow is not as good because of the size and scope, where eharthstone takes very little money, BUT HEARTHSTONE WAS ONLY SUCCESFUL OFF OF WOW!

but wow still makes the BIGGEST BUCK!
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2017-10-30 at 03:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Well both Overwatch and Hearthstone make way more money then WoW. It hasn't been the flag ship for awhile now.
    Hearthstone does not make more money than WoW at all, let alone 'way more'.

Facts are there for you to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Yes its all about the bottom line, since Overwatch makes more money it should...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    Yes its all about the bottom line, since WoW makes more money it should...

*head explodes*

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post

you are reading into it TO MUCH!

however in tersm of effort put in it and money made IN RATIO wow is not as good because of the size and scope, where eharthstone takes very little money, BUT HEARTHSTONE WAS ONLY SUCCESFUL OFF OF WOW!

but wow still makes the BIGGEST BUCK!
    wow might "make" the most money

but it also costs the most to maintain

i guarantee you that hearthstone has the largest profit margins out of any blizzard game

Quote Originally Posted by reimmi2016 View Post
    Wow you're right this is surely the sign of the end of wow, no expansion announcement at blizzcon inc
    /sarcasm off
    Not once did the original post mention any of that. People like you are just itching for an opportunity to leak your putrid misery onto the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch is a much more approachable game than WoW. Its characters are more readily recognizable and its gameplay more straightforward.

Ergo, it's more marketable.

Blizzard sinking publicity into Overwatch is highly understandable. At Anime Expo Blizzard had a huge booth almost solely dedicated to Overwatch. Vendor booths were selling scores of Overwatch-related merchandise. The artist's alley was chock full of Overwatch-related pieces. I can guarantee you that, prior to Overwatch's release, Blizzard wasn't nearly as big in the "anime/fandom" convention world (outside of Blizzcon of course.) All of that is money in the bank for them either directly or through exposure.

Frankly, Blizzard hit a massive gold mine with Overwatch. Everything about it- the style, the colors, the gameplay, the characters, the approachability- was so perfectly designed.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-10-30 at 03:35 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm a grad student at a big university.

None of the younger people I talk to about video games even really know what WoW is and those that do generally think it's a game for people with low social status.

Everyone knows what Overwatch is and a lot of them play it.

That's a big reason it's getting top billing.

this some tinfoil hat stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    So, they moved OW over to the left-most side...

And suddenly its the officially the flagship game for blizz?

Don't forget that tinfoil hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm confused. Did people legitimately not know this already?

Grats to Overwatch and Blizzard. I'm glad their first new IP in decades was such a success.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay? So? This doesn't change my view of Overwatch being lesser than WoW to me. Sure its okay but its not the gem of Blizzard to me.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    So, they moved OW over to the left-most side...

And suddenly its the officially the flagship game for blizz?

Don't forget that tinfoil hat.
    I honestly would not doubt it. And I'm not saying it as a "conspiracy theory," it's simply a good move on Blizzard's part. Overwatch is easily the most marketable title they have.

But that doesn't mean they'll forget neglect their other titles or that they care less about them. If anything pushing Overwatch would likely lead to people looking more into their other games. I'm surprised there haven't been any Overwatch-WoW related promotional crossovers yet like there have been with HotS and Hearthstone. "Get a character to level 20 in WoW (which can be done for free) and get this cool Overwatch skin..."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    No king rules forever...

Overwatch isn't my thing but kudos to Blizz on another successful IP

It won't last for long. Overwatch is in pretty dire shape at the moment and is definitely close to peaking.

Overwatch League will be a huge failure, and after that you'll see lots of negativity about Overwatch from multiple directions.

3-4 years from now when Overwatch and Hearthstone are a shadow of their former selves and the Warcraft IP is holding strong, Blizzard will once again realize what their true cash cow is, and mobilize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    generally think it's a game for people with low social status.
    Whaat .