Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're actually wrong. ilevel used to be a hidden stat, and it was reverse engineered by players. Gear ilevel has always determined stats, it's just that the ilevel of the gear was hidden from players. You not using the highest ilevel gear has nothing to do with ilevel determining stat budget. Yes a lower-ish ilevel piece of gear with better stats for you is going to be better than a slightly higher ilevel piece with less desirable stats.
    Item level was hidden up until Patch 3.2 which released on August 4th, 2009, but that's why the GearScore add-on was even invented because it gave people a number to gauge how good your gear was before ilevel was a thing people could use. GearScore was still used even after ilevel was added to the tooltips because of the fact that higher ilevel gear wasn't always the better option.

Not seeing anything wrong with what @Zentail stated.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're actually wrong. ilevel used to be a hidden stat, and it was reverse engineered by players. Gear ilevel has always determined stats, it's just that the ilevel of the gear was hidden from players. You not using the highest ilevel gear has nothing to do with ilevel determining stat budget. Yes a lower-ish ilevel piece of gear with better stats for you is going to be better than a slightly higher ilevel piece with less desirable stats.
    It was hidden, yes. But it was still there and not given to items by addon creators. 3.2 made item levels visible naturally on all items though. There are plenty of instances where a lower item level item, sometimes up to 50 item levels, had more primary and secondary stats. There was no “budget”. The way it worked through BC, which was told at a BlizzCon, was the stats set the item level. The item level didn’t set the stats. In WotLK, item level was more of a defining source on where you obtained gear. Stats were unaffected. We also know that now, simple increases on item level increases stats, which didn’t used to be the case at all. Gear is held in a Diablo-like database now where gear has base stats that are assigned on certain items, but values are not stored whatsoever. The item level stores the values now. There’s still proof of this whole concept. If you level a character even now, you can get two items of the same item level where one has drastically less stats than the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I want to believe this isn't a photoshop.

It currently says "Join the World of Warcraft development team for an overview of what's in store next for the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance, including updates on the latest content and features."
    It is fake. Anyone with knowledge of chrome and some of the developer tools will be able to change that to anything they want.For someone with javascript knowledge as well, you can make angry birds appearing..

Deleted
    Worst leak? Honestly this one seems both plausible and positive to me. I'd love it if this one turned out to be true.

I've seen so many versions of this concept that I already feel burnt out on the next expansion man :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    oh shit dude, look at what mine says !

ROFL. oh god i couldn't stop laughing with how you ended that description.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    You clearly didn’t understand the gear score add on. Feel free to download it and look at the old source code if you want. Every single item in the game was manually in there with its own given score. Item levels were a general idea of someone’s gear, but didn’t actually show a reflection of stats. The person who made GearScore us sims to decide which pieces of gear were truly the best, and then gave those pieces the highest scores. Very similar to how the Pawn AddOn works now. I get something 15 item levels lower with Crit/Haste and it has a higher score than what I have now because Vers/Mastery.

If you’re going to quote me and tell me what I said is complete bullshit, the least you can do is show what you’re talking about. Your post literally reduces the likelihood that I would believe you ever played pre-Cata or if you did, that you were any good. You’re also talking to someone who has been a hardcore, realm-first type raider for the entire WotLK expansion. I didn’t use highest item level stuff all the damn time.
    Seeing as someone else already showed you how incorrect you were, I'm just gonna sit and laugh now. Thank youuuuu
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    "Tied into another new feature: Uncharted Isles

Randomly generated isles you can explore.

Find treasure, fight powerful beasts, many other surprises in store!"

Wouldnt be bad, taking something from Lost Ark Online, good stuff, they should steal some more from that game

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they are very aware

you what you want and what they want is 2 different things - his threads might be a clickbaits but its working and all the revenue from adds on the pages goes to their pockets.
    Tinfoil hat much?

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    "Tied into another new feature: Uncharted Isles

Find treasure, fight powerful beasts, many other surprises in store!"

Wouldnt be bad, taking something from Lost Ark Online, good stuff, they should steal some more from that game
    Still hoping Lost Ark actually makes it to US. So little info out there but game looks so good.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tied into another new feature: Uncharted Isles

Find treasure, fight powerful beasts, many other surprises in store!
    Dude basically made up an official feature of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leak threads are done for another season.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."