Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Poor World of Warcraft, always the bridesmaid. Never the bride.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    https://postimg.org/image/72bwu5n7nv/

Notice the placement. WoW has all along been the first from left. Not anymore.
    Or maybe... They put their 2 shooters on the ends, Wow next to hearthstone, SC1 and 2 together, and then dibbles. Looking too far into it. They could have put dibbles on the end and kept them by genre with the shooters together... but they paired everything by universe.

I hate getting overwatch heroes in Hots all the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hearthstone DOES make way more money. It's $400 million a year and costs probably 1/12th the cost to produce content compared to WoW.

Can you share actual numbers? I'm just going by what I heard last..
    https://www.gamespot.com/images/1300-3149139

'Probably' does not really sound as 'actual numbers'.

WoW certainly makes much more than hearthstone - more than 1bn per year. How much is actually net income neither of us can know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still awaiting that 'official' part
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Cool. The more then a decade old mmo which has be (slowly) declining is less popular then the new popular team based shooter.

Colour me shocked.

On a serious note, this really doesn't matter. So long as wow is profitable it'll continue

Where's @Amalaric to not give us evidence that literally no one plays Overwatch and that it's a dead game?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't have much left in it. 2-3 years and WoW will have a stable 1M or less playerbase. if it doesnt have it already. While Overwatch will keep growing for the next years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/images/1300-3149139

'Probably' does not really sound as 'actual numbers'.

WoW certainly makes much more than hearthstone - more than 1bn per year. How much is actually net income neither of us can know.
    This looks fake as hell. How is maplestory still in there? maplestory died around 2010. When the game went very casual mode and almost everyone left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW doesn't have much left in it. 2-3 years and WoW will have a stable 1M or less playerbase. if it doesnt have it already. While Overwatch will keep growing for the next years.

- - - Updated - - -

This looks fake as hell. How is maplestory still in there? maplestory died around 2010. When the game went very casual mode and almost everyone left.
    Too many opinions, not a single fact.

Next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Well both Overwatch and Hearthstone make way more money then WoW. It hasn't been the flag ship for awhile now.
    Source

/10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    https://postimg.org/image/72bwu5n7nv/

Notice the placement. WoW has all along been the first from left. Not anymore.

notice the placement? see overwatch at the bottom, your bad, and see overwatch is bad

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    It's all ogre now.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I really wish people who create threads like this, would get banned. OP provided no substance, only conjecture. Because an icon, is in front of another icon, that is the basis for his argument. How idiotic.
    The only idiot here is the one wanting people to be silenced because they did things he didn't like.
    Last edited by mmoced97bdb943; 2017-10-30 at 11:28 PM.

OW will die before WoW

wow hasn't been their flagship for years now, it sucks but it was bound to happen eventually

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I actually think their story angle is more or less on point as well... it gives people a reason to be interested in an aspect of the game without having to constantly keep track of it, they don't really ever risk "losing the plot" because it will likely never really matter, and the animated shorts can make people profoundly interested in the game, as the characters have... well, character.
    I like it when story character and in game character have some tiny amount of resemblance. but not when characters are shown to by hyper-competent in cut-scenes, but in game is like they're moving through 4 feet of muck and they can't use their abilities/weapons right(where the fuck is reapers goddamned grenade launchers!?)
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Overwatch makes more money? Maybe.

Hearthstone? Doubtful, albeit its low production costs probably ensures a better return per $ invested.

For a 12 years old game, WoW is still making a ton of money, from subs, services, cash shop, tokens, and box sales per expansion. That's all Blizzard cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Source

/10chars
    While not definitive, statements made in shareholder meetings do agree with him.

"Blizzard released Overwatch in May, and the first-person shooter has since become “the most successful intellectual property in our company’s history,” said Thomas Tippl, Activision Blizzard’s chief operating officer, during an investor call today."

https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/9/145...arnings-record
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Not surprising with the success of Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Dear, you continue to amaze everyone with your brilliant logic and reading skills.

The $1 billion of in-game revenues is for all games, not for Overwatch.

You have been falling into holes every single post. All that to avoid saying "I was wrong". Pathetic.
    That figure includes digital sales of games & subscriptions, even if you count a third of all Overwatch total sales since launch and exclude every other game sale in the quarter a year after release (10 million copies) & add all of wow's subscriptions it doesn't come up to $1.1 billion.

What else did they sell? Call Of Duty? Destiny 1?

That numbers also EXCLUDES retail sales of all games - including Overwatch on console.

Blizzard have even said the big boon of the quarter was Overwatch loot crate sales but for arguments sake I'll say that loot crates don't account for most of the game's revenue, you'd still be wrong as this whole crap started with you saying Overwatch revenue was falling off due to a lack of box sales and it was declining faster than wow.

It can't be both

Like I said at the start, wow makes the most money but Overwatch isn't failing - apart from competitively, which isn't new for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2017-10-31 at 11:06 AM.

Overwatch is only populair because of the rule34 it brings with it. I bought it and can't really get used to it.