Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How ironic that Trump winning the election is going to turn out to be the worst thing that ever happened to him. For the first time in his life he can't hide behind his money. I can't wait for the real meltdown.
    I never forgot the image the Onion posted the day after the Election results. They simply re-used this image as their cover page:

I never forgot that simply because I was hoping that would be true.

Boy howdy is it ever... and it's ONLY just beginning! >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The New York Times is reporting that there is significant concerns in the White House about Gates' potentially cooperating with Mueller, because he has less financial means than Manafort and has a young family whose future is now in jeopardy.
    I was under the impression Trump would pay for legal bills. Checking...

Found it. I guess a pledge of $430,000 doesn't go very far in this kind of legal wrangling.

Plus Trump doesn't always pay.

Also...$430k? So, eight-point-six percent of a birth certificate? I guess we know where his priorities lie.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Remember when they said this day wouldnt come? I member
    No man! Nothing will come of this! You'll see!
    @ohiostate124, @lockedout, @Sulla

lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Seek help my friend
    seems like you may need to take your own advice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How ironic that Trump winning the election is going to turn out to be the worst thing that ever happened to him. For the first time in his life he can't hide behind his money. I can't wait for the real meltdown.
    And yet, in his own incompetent way, he's draining the swamp.

He just didn't realize, he's going out with the rest of the monsters.
    Putin khuliyo

No man! Nothing will come of this! You'll see!
    @ohiostate124, @lockedout, @Sulla

lmao.
    We’ll see pal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I expect and hope Manafort to be in these charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the going speculation. Either Manafort or Flynn...
    They both deserve it. I'm just glad Manafort got caught, so far.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoiskate View Post
    seems like you may need to take your own advice

Why? I don’t sit around imagining Hillary getting kicked in the face by RuPaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Technically correct? The man confessed to actively seeking to collude, not merely himself, but also having high ranking campaign officials encourage him to travel to friggin Moscow for it in the company of yet ANOTHER campaign official (see paragraph 21 sub a and b).
    Papadopoulos continued to attempt to coordinate meetings between the Trump campaign and Russian officials after being told about "dirt" on Hillary, it's not shown that these coordinations revolved around that dirt, or that Trump or other Trump campaign officials even knew about the conversations of "dirt". We don't know this yet.

He further shows awareness of wrongdoing by lying about it to the FBI after specifically being told what the consequences of lying would be. This campaign knowingly engaged in criminal and treasonous behavior. This is the last call man, wake the hell up. Do not burden your conscience with the defense of a group of people that has done nothing to deserve it.
    As I said earlier, thus far, we have evidence of Papadopoulos and only Papadopoulos. As I said earlier, for this to have real legs, this needs to go higher up than a low level adviser. Especially if Trump campaign officials had no knowledge of it, or rebuffed Papadopoulos upon learning of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Somebody earlier coined the term "Fake Fries" and "Alt-Coke" to go with a Nothingburger. :P
    That was me, and I love the McD's M on the fry box for Mueller
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

We’ll see pal
    Oh you bet your ass we're going to see. You on the other hand, should be worried about what you aren't seeing.

Papadopoulos's collusion and felony guilty plea, now both legal realities blindsided everyone. Pro-Trump, Anti-Trump, the White House itself. Nobody saw it coming, and there is enormous fear in the White House, at this very time, about what other cards Mueller is holding. His name never came up, yet he was arrested in July and enthusiastically cooperating for 25 days. Nobody expected Mueller's first move to be this decisive.

So yes, "we shall see", but it's the unknown-unknowns, as Rumsfeld put it, that are the ones that are going to put your side over a barrel and fuck you people in the ass. Like it did today. Manafort and Gates happened. Papadopoulos' matters more. And you should be terrified about the implications of that. Certainly, the people actually in the Trump Administration are.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    They both deserve it. I'm just glad Manafort got caught, so far.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn was next

ok the previous comment was quite outlandish the more i read it.

So - Donnie Dumbass Dump is ok to tell people to "knock the crap" out of protesters, but a joke (pronounced Joe-kuh) about Transgender people giving Dumpy a metaphorical "Fuck you" is going to far.

Sorry son if my joke (pronounced Joe-kuh) offended you because your corrupt Russian oligarch just got malowned today. I mean, you do know the difference between satire and real life, right?

...oh who am I kidding - you don't want to know the difference, right? So long as you're feeling morally empowered because your "I can be a hateful Jackass in America!" Validation Ticket just got served a crippling blow is all that matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    To be fair, Skroe, and I said this before earlier, nobody on the right was suggesting that "Manafort indictments" were a nothingburger. That wasn't the sentiment. I'd argue the vast majority of those memes were coming out of the "Russian collusion" sentiment that's been the central focus of the Mueller investigation.

And so far it's far too early to be sharing celebratory memes over just that.
    I've always wondered, is back peddling good exercise?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Yea, meant the delusion some people are under, not those who have been (and will be) indicted.

I've been slowly catching up on everything, just thought it might be quicker if someone here already posted the highlights. Definitely won't be trusting Ben Shapiro.
    Basically this stooge no one outside of the campaign had really heard about, george papadopoulos, was flipped by mueller months ago, and pled guilty to making false statements to the FBI. Included in his plea deal's accompanying affidavit are emails discussing meetings with russians, how senior members were going to go about hiding the meetings, and approval to go ahead and meet with the russians if it was feasible. Basically a smoking gun for collusion with russia, considering carter page met with people in russia after these emails, trump mentioning the emails before they became public knowledge, and the subsequent meeting at trump tower + jr's released emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Mental Gymnastics sure are a way to burn calories mate!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn was next
    Some reading between the lines of the Manafort indictment is having legal experts believe it is implying Flynn already flipped and is cooperating. In such a case, he'll get a deal like Papadopoulos.

I'll repeat the most importnat fact about Flynn: he is not a man of means compared to others of Trump's inner circle, and always the weakest link. He came in because he was personally angry about his treatment by Obama, the US Army and the Intelligence Community. His alignment with Trump always had an element of being a kind of revenge for how he was treated (the Army usually dislikes firings by Presidents... but the Army was happy to see Flynn go).

But the big thing is he tried for a year, and failed, to set up a lobbying firm that would make him a millionaire. He is unemployed and dependent upon his ~$180,000 US Army pension for his and his family's livlihood and healthcare needs.

If convicted of a crime... or even indicted, the US Army could suspend that, his only reliable source of income. And it is unlikely they would hesitate to do so. He is not a popular person. His peers in the army regarded him as tactically brilliant in Afghanistan, but something of a nut, and a terrible, unprofessional manager and leader.

How is Flynn supposed to pay an expensive lawyer, with limited means and limited income? He's not, which is why his family set up a legal defense fund. A legal case could ruin his entire family and everything he worked a lifetime to build and pass on to his kids.

Which is to say, Mueller has enormous leverage - more than perhaps almost anybody else - on Flynn. He would be the one to cut some kind of sweetheart deal - like 2 years in jail for his FARA violation, plus he keeps his pension - in exchange for spilling everything. And being a late arrival to Trump-land, he would be ideally suited to sell them all out.

Has it happened already? Maybe. Do we no for sure? Of course not. But the facts of Flynn haven't changed - there are few arms of senior Trump campaign figures as easily twist-able as Flynn. The military service Trump so worships made Flynn the most vulnerable of them all.

Oh you bet your ass we're going to see. You on the other hand, should be worried about what you aren't seeing.

Papadopoulos's collusion and felony guilty plea, now both legal realities blindsided everyone. Pro-Trump, Anti-Trump, the White House itself. Nobody saw it coming, and there is enormous fear in the White House, at this very time, about what other cards Mueller is holding. His name never came up, yet he was arrested in July and enthusiastically cooperating for 25 days. Nobody expected Mueller's first move to be this decisive.

So yes, "we shall see", but it's the unknown-unknowns, as Rumsfeld put it, that are the ones that are going to put your side over a barrel and fuck you people in the ass. Like it did today. Manafort and Gates happened. Papadopoulos' matters more. And you should be terrified about the implications of that. Certainly, the people actually in the Trump Administration are.
    You know when shit's gotten really serious?

When you realize that Dumb-Dumb J-for-Jackass Dump hasn't twitted in over 12 hours.

Your welcome. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I know the term was coined, iirc, by Ted Cruz specifically about allegations about Jeff Sessions, but as far as I've seen, "Nothingburger" memes had evolved since then to mean Russian collusion in general. I suppose it's subjective. And like I said earlier, nothingburgers are still on the menu if Papadopoulos is proven to have been an ambitious, misguided outlier.