View Poll Results: Have you actually played Vanilla?

Voters
1388. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1,165 83.93%
  • No

223 16.07%
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I was a kid and didn't know what the hell I was doing for the most part. Still have my original, number 1, vanilla Tauren Shaman toon.

Yes, best game I have ever played. Nothing have given me the same feeling as wandering through the world of warcraft leveling my rogue.

Tested Private servers several times since then, the game was in fact absolute trash compared to todays standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Started in 2005 when I was going to the University. Mostly messed around and played in spurts due to school and work. Had a Hunter and a Warlock I played, and still have both of those characters to this day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle View Post
    I mean no offense, but I'm not sure which is more childish: people who lie about having played vanilla because they are too young today to have done so, or openly complaining about people who lie about having played vanilla because they are too young today to have done so...

It becomes pretty apparent after starting a conversation with the person whether they were truly a subject matter expert or not on the topic. It should be apparent within minutes if they lied or not. It is akin to lying on your resume and then being asked questions about your skills that you cannot answer.
    There is difference thou:

If there is a tendency of people who lies, in order to get the credit(because lets face it, its a feat to be part of something so many years ago).

I hope you where this community is heading and how it misleads Blizz(and i want to fight it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Im angry about people who trying to have the loudest opinion, are doing it by saying "ive been around since vanilla". This poll simple shows, that they most likely lie about it.
    Oh fuck right off. What you utterly miss is that people played games for a long time before WoW and started when they were older. You make the silly mistake of thinking that everyone started young. I started when I was 44. Deal with it. And take your policing BS elsewhere.

Yes.

I got it late 2005 but hit it heavy starting at the beginning of 2006. I had played the Warcraft series (some Diablo as well) prior to so I was a fan of Blizz. Especially b/c they supported Mac gaming when lots of companies did not.

Leveling up a night elf holy priest was awesome. Loved the environments and the music. It was just magical. It took me a long time to level him up, but it was worth it. The only version of the game where I haven't leveled multiple toons. I explored nearly the entire world of Azeroth on that toon.

LOVED vanilla. That through TBC was just amazing for me with this game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My brother and I played a good bit during the first 6 months or so. We had played the weeks before launch during the open beta. We were converts from Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies. Vanilla was a thrilling time but man were things harsh back then. Scrounging up 100 gold for a mount at 40, running to the dungeon entrances. Camping outside the battleground portals to queue. He stopped playing before reaching 60. I was pretty casual until BC was released and never raided much more than pug MC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh fuck right off. What you utterly miss is that people played games for a long time before WoW and started when they were older. You make the silly mistake of thinking that everyone started young. I started when I was 44. Deal with it. And take your policing BS elsewhere.
    Cool.

How is it for you, when some puberty kid is taking credit exclusive to a veteran like you in order to whine?

Fight that or me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool.

How is it for you, when some puberty kid is taking credit exclusive to a veteran like you in order to whine?

Fight that or me.
    I dont care. Fighting either is waste of my time. Your 'logic' is just as asinine as the Legacy people etc. Learn to reason.

I loved vanilla. I also like retail now, but I would love the opportunity to go back and play again. I would play and enjoy both, and so would many other people.

Most posts I read about people commenting on how it was in vanilla clearly did not raid anything past Molten Core, if they even got that far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I dont care. Fighting either is waste of my time. Your 'logic' is just as asinine as the Legacy people etc. Learn to reason.
    You are the reason why Legacy idiots exists(no offense on people, who actually did play Vanilla back then).

Obviously if nobody gives a fck about this kind of stuff, every idiot will take the mic.

Nope and I wouldn't go back if I could (legacy servers). A grind that would put AP to shame, Horrible balance, I think i'll pass on that... As somebody that started in tbc I do have some fond memories of that, but most of those revolve around either the game being new to me or the people I was playing with at the time.

Yep. I played through the beta. And I have the vanilla CE. 31 btw haHAA.

Im angry about people who trying to have the loudest opinion, are doing it by saying "ive been around since vanilla". This poll simple shows, that they most likely lie about it.
    Using "ive been around since vanilla" as some type of mark of superior knowledge and expertise is wrong, but your assumptions about people are wrong too. Why even say people have to be 30+ in order to be telling the truth? I started in early 2005 when I was 13, I'm 25 now. I know a girl who started in BC when she was 9, and is 20~ now. People of all ages can play.

I'm not really sure what this movement is about. To me it seems like Strifeload is trying to encourage a division between old timers and young, new players. I don't think such a movement is well advised. We should all play together as one. Thankfully, it seems Strifeload lacks the charisma to spur veteran players into coalescing and turning on their younger new comers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Using "ive been around since vanilla" as some type of mark of superior knowledge and expertise is wrong, but your assumptions about people are wrong too. Why even say people have to be 30+ in order to be telling the truth? I started in early 2005 when I was 13, I'm 25 now. I know a girl who started in BC when she was 9, and is 20~ now. People of all ages can play.
    All ages doesnt mean that everyone was 9(just like we have people who started after 45 y/o). Also if you think of that generation didnt grow up like kids today with handhelds or internet.

This poll is basicly saying 85% of us are very late in the 20s and most likely above.

Its up to you conclude obviously.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-31 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why it matters if somebody is lying about playing in classic or not. I don't see the point in lying but at the same time who gives a shit? People not lying about whether they played classic or not wouldn't improve the quality of discussion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    You are the reason why Legacy idiots exists(no offense on people, who actually did play Vanilla back then).

Obviously if nobody gives a fck about this kind of stuff, every idiot will take the mic.
    You fucking idiot... I'm anti-Legacy. And I did play Vanilla. You... almost certainly did not. YOU... are also on ignore since you're a jackass.

Nope, started playing 2 weeks after TBC was released.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    No, started on TBC i was 15.