Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If they attacked Russia maybe you would have a point just maybe...
    Well, there are a lot of commies in blue states these days. Wildtree might have a point.

Calm your tits, it's a joke!

Deleted
    If they attacked Russia maybe you would have a point just maybe...
    No, no, its all connected! Muslims are forced to move to another part of the solvet union (mainly kazakhstan), that is GENOCIDE.

Osama bin Laden kills Russians long time before 'we met him'.

29 years old guy (born araund 1989 and never actualy have any memories of the solvet union) who lives in Florida kills some people AND THIS IS ALL CONNECTED.

Damn stalin, lenin, osama ben laden! Also, monica lewinsky has something to do with that, im sure. You are obviously not following.

Im done.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    The United States in the 19th century "relocated" Native Americans in what many consider to be a stain on US history, the "Trail of Tears". And a lot fewer of them died than 20k (20% of 200k). So "relocation" doesn't sound very good to an American with knowledge of US history.
    You realize that is the definition of getting hung up on semantics right?

His point isn't very good stop giving him one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    No, you as any western person, don't understand soviet mentality, which is, as side note, borderline insane. You're talking about nation where soldiers in 1914 marched without shoes to fight germans, without a single word of complaint. That type of relocation, was common during that era, it wasn't aimed at tatars for their faith, but rather fact they were sunshine and puppies towards nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatar_Legions
    You're ignoring Stalin's actions against Muslims all across the entire Soviet Union.

If you want to understand why people from a certain region radicalize more than others, then you must look at the bigger picture, and that includes looking into their pasts.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You're ignoring Stalin's actions against Muslims all across the entire Soviet Union.

If you want to understand why people from a certain region radicalize more than others, then you must look at the bigger picture, and that includes looking into their pasts.
    Think you mean Stalins actions against ANY religion, but hey we can call Stalin islamophobe, another made up term.

You realize that is the definition of getting hung up on semantics right?

His point isn't very good stop giving him one...
    Yeah I just read the "relocation" response and it immediately conjured up that piece of American history. I could almost imagine someone saying, "Native Americans were simply relocated! That's all!"

Anyway, waaaaay off topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    Next thing you know they'll be insisting that he might be Amish.
    Idk he kinda looks swedish to me, they look like that now right?

10+ Year Old Account
    These sort of terror attacks are so easy to pull off and impossible to stop. all you need is a crazy religious zealot and a mode of transport, No planning at all involved.

All you need is for one day to say "I feel like killing a bunch of people today" like I mean who is going to stop him from driving a car and running down people. You cannot stop these kinds of attacks.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    These sort of terror attacks are so easy to pull off and impossible to stop. all you need is a crazy religious zealot and a mode of transport, No planning at all involved.

All you need is for one day to say "I feel like killing a bunch of people today" like I mean who is going to stop him from driving a car and running down people. You cannot stop these kinds of attacks.
    However they were much more rare in homogeneous society, no? Perhaps England can see it different due to IRA, but you didn't have people driving cars into crowd in London every weekend.

I can think of a way.

If we approved of our government monitoring communications of those living in the US without a warrant, curtailed the 4th amendment, we could drastically cut down on these kinds of attacks. Chances are high this guy wasn't exactly keeping his anger to himself. But of course we're not willing to do that, so the sentiment is, "These things happen. Bad people will do bad things, thoughts and prayers go out to the victims." The idea of trading the 4th amendment for more safety from random acts of violence seems unreasonable.

I don't know why that same line of thought doesn't fly when a gun is used, and it's the 2nd amendment in question instead of the 4th, but I guess that's an argument for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    If we approved of our government monitoring communications of those living in the US without a warrant, curtailed the 4th amendment, we could drastically cut down on these kinds of attacks. Chances are high this guy wasn't exactly keeping his anger to himself. But of course we're not willing to do that, so the sentiment is, "These things happen. Bad people will do bad things, thoughts and prayers go out to the victims." The idea of trading the 4th amendment for more safety from random acts of violence seems unreasonable.

I don't know why that same line of thought doesn't fly when a gun is used, and it's the 2nd amendment in question instead of the 4th, but I guess that's an argument for another thread.

his anger.

lol you can turn on alt right radio and hear the same kind of anger...are we rounding those guys up for possible terrorist activities?

Shit happens. Can't stop John Doe from renting a Home Depot truck and use it for mass murder.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    his anger.

lol you can turn on alt right radio and hear the same kind of anger...are we rounding those guys up for possible terrorist activities?
    Well I guess the inference here is plotting. Talking about the things he would do as a result of his anger. Whether on anonymous social media, telephone conversations with associates, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    However they were much more rare in homogeneous society, no? Perhaps England can see it different due to IRA, but you didn't have people driving cars into crowd in London every weekend.
    Actually the number one victim of muslim terrorism is other muslims, so... so much for your "homogeneous society" idea.

Additionally, people are far, far, FAR more likely to be murdered by a fellow countryman for the change in their pocket or something similar than they are to be killed in some terror attack.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Idk he kinda looks swedish to me, they look like that now right?
    Clearly German.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Shit happens. Can't stop John Doe from renting a Home Depot truck and use it for mass murder.
    yeah... but if we are pretending to be honest the john does of the world are not causing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Actually the number one victim of muslim terrorism is other muslims, so... so much for your "homogeneous society" idea.
    Why doesn't Japan get those attacks then? Or Eastern Europe for that matter.

Was this a van of peace or a van of freedom?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Was this a van of peace or a van of freedom?
    Why not both? Van of free peace.