Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    But netting the lowest results. Banning Muslims alone is far from feasible if you think about it. Trump's ban is about as close as it gets but from what I understood (and agree with), it's not a Muslim ban.
    It's not but it does stem a harmful flow. It is going to be a problem for generations because we forgot that not every culture is the same as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Should one take any steps to prevent these sorts of attacks? I mean, this seems like a really high price to pay for liberal urbanites culinary pleasures.
    We do take steps. We vet people coming into our country, rather extensively. Authorities also take measures (known and possibly unknown) in monitoring outliers. Looking at the steps taken and looking at statistics, I'd say we are doing fine.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It's not but it does stem a harmful flow. It is going to be a problem for generations because we forgot that not every culture is the same as ours.
    Not every muslim culture is the same.

On the large scale, murder is an issue. More than 10,000 are murdered in the U.S., but you want to focus on what accounts for a dozen or two?
    Terrorism is the sort of problem that scales the longer you ignore it. Murder rates are more or less constant, but terrorists are always looking to increase their lethality. For example, it's a matter of when they get nukes, not if. It's not a realistic concern though to think that gang members in Chicago are going to resort to nuclear weapons for murder, because they obviously don't want to nuke their own city.

Furthermore, you and I have no idea how many terrorist attacks are foiled by anti-terrorism efforts, and how many more attempted attacks there would be if said anti-terrorism efforts didn't exist.

This is why intent and group size matters. It's not worrying on a societal level when 10000 people get murdered in individual cases. It is worrying when you have a group of people that want to inflict the maximum amount of casualties possible indiscriminately.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Not every muslim culture is the same.
    Problem is they don't differ by enough.

We've had Muslims in our country for generations...how much longer until it's an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You need to read a few more books
    Which ones would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You're contradicing yourself with this statement and don't even realize it.

There is no feasible solution to these types of attacks. Completely isolating ourselves is NOT a feasible solution. That's the entire point. We have several precautions in place already and they are very effective.
    Explain to me why it isn't? Not using feelings but give me practical reasons why we can't isolate ourselves from massive amounts of low skilled workers?

- - - Updated - - -

We've had Muslims in our country for generations...how much longer until it's an issue?
    Around 2001 if we are honest.

Dude came here with a diversity visa. Clearly that didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Terrorism is the sort of problem that scales the longer you ignore it. Murder rates are more or less constant, but terrorists are always looking to increase their lethality. For example, it's a matter of when they get nukes, not if. It's not a realistic concern though to think that gang members in Chicago are going to resort to nuclear weapons for murder, because they obviously don't want to nuke their own city.

Furthermore, you and I have no idea how many terrorist attacks are foiled by anti-terrorism efforts, and how many more attempted attacks there would be if said anti-terrorism efforts didn't exist.

This is why intent and group size matters. It's not worrying on a societal level when 10000 people get murdered in individual cases. It is worrying when you have a group of people that want to inflict the maximum amount of casualties possible indiscriminately.
    Terrorism is never ignored, if that's your concern. I'm also sure that terrorist efforts are halted by authorities. Without numbers though, can't really form a good argument on how bad the situation is. I'm simply looking at numbers and seeing deaths related to Islamic nutbags, with that number I can conclude that our preventative system works out pretty well.

Terrorism is never ignored, if that's your concern. I'm also sure that terrorist efforts are halted by authorities. Without numbers though, can't really form a good argument on how bad the situation is. I'm simply looking at numbers and seeing deaths related to Islamic nutbags, with that number I can conclude that our preventative system works out pretty well.
    I'm aware of all this. My point, is that terrorism is not directly comparable to murder, because of how it fluctuates and changes over time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have very little patience for this kind of... discourse.

I did not say atheism ended the crusades. I said that the humiliation of Christianity has prevented us from seeing modern day Christian crusades. If you think that the odds of a Christian crusade now are greater than or equal to the odds of a crusade happening before the enlightenment, you are delusional.
    If you actually feared "modern day crusades", you're clearly the delusional one. The "smashing" of Americas religion has left a vacuum that's been filled with the lefts political ideology that acts in a very similar way to the religious shaming you were just denouncing in your religion is the root of war/conflict post, which is btw dead wrong. At least western religions resulted in something positive and they continue to try and keep them updated to fit in with changing times. Also, not a religious person myself, but at least I can admit its done a lot of good for the west.
    Last edited by Steve French; 2017-11-01 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well I mean parts of Eastern Europe seems to be on a "persecute the gays" kick right now; sure you want to idolize them as the perfect society?

Or do those not count as "terrorism?"
    I would argue that Chechnya is more in Asia than in Europe, but okay. Does any Eastern European country have death camps for gay people? Nope. Does their society dislike them, let's say yes. So what, are you saying they have no right to have their opinion? Unless someone gets murdered, beaten or persecuted, there's no harm done. Unless your fifis got hurt, then i suppose you need to send microagression police and put microcriminal in microjail.

Around 2001 if we are honest.
    Outside of the most catastrophic event that happened to our country since WWII, is that it? Since then, they killed ~130 people (including these 8). All of them are tragic, but looks like a drop in the bucket which is a good sign. Calling Muslims a threat is almost statistically wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm aware of all this. My point, is that terrorism is not directly comparable to murder, because of how it fluctuates and changes over time.
    Comparable in the sense that person X intentionally kills person(s) Y. My overall point is, our current system is working. Didn't intend to continue a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    If you actually feared "modern day crusades", you're clearly the delusional one. The "smashing" of Americas religion has left a vacuum that's been filled with the lefts political ideology that acts in a very similar way to the religious shaming you were just denouncing in your religion is the root war/conflict post, which is btw dead wrong. At least western religions resulted in something positive and they continue to try and keep them updated to fit in with changing times. Also, not a religious person myself, but at least I can admit its done a lot of good for the west.
    I explicitly said I don't fear a modern day crusade. I then gave the reasons for why a modern day crusade will never happen.

The total insanity on the left is actually two of the three examples I used of bad ideas that need to be crushed.

The good things that religion has done for the west does not wash away the bad things.

Outside of the most catastrophic event that happened to our country since WWII, is that it? Since then, they killed ~130 people (including these 8). All of them are tragic, but looks like a drop in the bucket which is a good sign. Calling Muslims a threat is almost statistically wrong.
    They just killed over 200 people in Somalia and wounded further 300 (or you don't care about Africa, you racist bigot) and list goes on and on. Only countries that don't go on the list are the ones with 0.0001% of muslims in their population.

Poor guy must have been suffering from economic anxiety.

- - - Updated - - -

Explain to me why it isn't? Not using feelings but give me practical reasons why we can't isolate ourselves from massive amounts of low skilled workers?
    Given the advent of automation and AI, that would include...most of humanity except for like 50 people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    They just killed over 200 people in Somalia and wounded further 300 (or you don't care about Africa, you racist bigot) and list goes on and on. Only countries that don't go on the list are the ones with 0.0001% of muslims in their population.
    You don't even know where Somalia is.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    I'm talking U.S. here...other countries have their different means and methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    If you actually feared "modern day crusades", you're clearly the delusional one. The "smashing" of Americas religion has left a vacuum that's been filled with the lefts political ideology that acts in a very similar way to the religious shaming you were just denouncing in your religion is the root of war/conflict post, which is btw dead wrong. At least western religions resulted in something positive and they continue to try and keep them updated to fit in with changing times. Also, not a religious person myself, but at least I can admit its done a lot of good for the west.
    How dare the left shame people for advocating genocide.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Comparable in the sense that person X intentionally kills person(s) Y. My overall point is, our current system is working. Didn't intend to continue a tangent.
    Our current system is working to a large degree, but it might not always be that way. Saying that terrorism is not a serious concern because it doesn't happen often, is rhetoric that is frequently used to assert that we need to cut back on our current system, or that we will never in the future need to be more proactive than we are now.

It's a thought terminating cliche designed to minimize people's concerns.