Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mom accused of taking her kid for a ride.

A mother in Wisconsin is facing a felony charge of recklessly endangering safety after she allegedly strapped her 9-year-old son to the top of a minivan on top of a plastic pool.

Amber Schmunk, 28, of Fredonia was charged earlier this month for the September 9 incident, which started after officers received a call reporting a child on top of a vehicle holding down a plastic pool, according to the Ozaukee Press.

A witness later reported seeing Schmunk pull over and take the child off the minivan roof and wedge the pool inside the vehicle before dropping it off at her sister’s house, according to WTMJ TV.

Officers who arrived on scene questioned Schmunk about her son’s alleged wild ride.

They said she admitted the boy had been on top of the minivan on the road “but only for a short time, maybe 20-30 seconds,” according to WITI TV.

Schmunk allegedly told authorities she had picked up a molded plastic pool at another house, but didn’t have enough room inside the minivan.

She allegedly said she “decided to put the pool on top of the minivan, but had no way to strap it down, so she had her child climb on the roof and hold it down while she drove,” according to a police report obtained by WITI TV.

Police said Schmunk told them she thought her actions were “OK,” since her dad let her do things like that when she was nine. She added that her son was safe on top of the minivan she tied him down with a strap on top of the pool, according to WDJT TV.

Schmunk is due in court on Nov. 14. If convicted, she faces up to five years in prison and five years of extended supervision, according to the Ozaukee Press
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/mom-accus...210625354.html

I wonder if she single? I think I am in love!

Woman tries to show her child a good time and the fuzz has to come ruin everything.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

When I was young my next door neighbour had a field with horses in, she used to let us sit on the bonnet of the car while she drove around the field.... What a blast, I bet this girl is just like my next door neighbour, top banter.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Ah she strapped him down he was fiiiiine.

Something about her facial expression.

Those eyes scream crazy and so do her actions, apparently.

wtf... noone arrested Michael J Fox in Teen Wolf..... =/

What a schmunk

When you said taking for a ride i thought you meant she murdered the kid!

She didn't have anything to strap the pool down but somehow she strapped the kid down? What?

She allegedly said she “decided to put the pool on top of the minivan, but had no way to strap it down, so she had her child climb on the roof and hold it down while she drove,” according to a police report obtained by WITI TV.
    She sounds like an idiot.

All she had to do was say, Nope. Got pix or proof? No? Kay bai officer.

Why admit it? Just say their neighbors are full of shit.
    She could have turned it back on the nosy caller and said whoever called must be under the influence of strong drugs and they should look it them.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-11-01 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She sounds like an idiot.
    Celista! Come on, haven't you ever gone for a ride on the hood of mom's car just once, you aren't one of those weird people are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    All she had to do was say, Nope. Got pix or proof? No? Kay bai officer.

Why admit it? Just say their neighbors are full of shit.
    She could have turned it back on the nosy caller and said whoever called must be under the influence of strong drugs and they should look it them.
    Honestly I have to say I like your attitude, but you know now days everyone is a busybody and a know it all.

I would take that mom for a "ride". Just kidding. Not putting it in a crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I would take that mom for a "ride". Just kidding. Not putting it in a crazy.
    The crazy ones as the best bruh

So she couldn't have drove to a store nearby to get rope since the person she got the pool from didn't have any for her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So she couldn't have drove to a store nearby to get rope since the person she got the pool from didn't have any for her?
    Super Glue, could have tried Super Glue or one of those like industrial strength kind.

Are tree houses banned yet? I'd imagine trusting a 9 year old of the 2017's to be able to climb a ladder would be something that could get parents arrested for felony child endangerment these days.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I would have to see the pictures of what it looks like first before I give her either life in prison, or a thumbs up. The kid wasn't harmed in this is what I gathered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to ride on the hoods of cars all the time...until someone fell off...then we stood on the bumpers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Used to ride on the hoods of cars all the time...until someone fell off...then we stood on the bumpers.
    I remember when I was a kid, me, my sister, and cousins would all be riding in the back of truck and we loved it. They need to leave parents alone, unless there is some real reason to step in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I remember when I was a kid, me, my sister, and cousins would all be riding in the back of truck and we loved it. They need to leave parents alone, unless there is some real reason to step in.
    Truth. But then again, this is what you get in a Liberal Society.

People braying like the common jackass and trivial things get prosecuted while real crimes get ignored.