Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    That's where you screwed up, and why you got the ban you deserve quite frankly.

Yeah its frustrating, but even so, doesn't give you a right to chew out your teammates.
    The entire point of the post was to share an opinion that that the system is automated, not that I didn't break rules.

You can basically say whatever you want to whoever you want as long as it doesn't piss off basically everyone in the match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    And you're the sensitive snowflake that caused the middle to recoil right and vote for Trump.
    For god's sake, does everything have to be about Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    For god's sake, does everything have to be about Trump.
    Well he is pretty much the planet's God Emperor right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Well he is pretty much the planet's God Emperor right now.
    Death to the False Emperor!

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I've reported like 7 people today for making homophobic comments, I've reported more than I can count in the past yet nothing seems to ever happen to them. Why are they not being removed from the game?
    Most people probably don't care. Someone in my friend group habitually calls people "niggerfaggots" and has only been silenced twice in the year or so that he's been playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    few days later im silenced for 47 days lol. the report system, if you ask me, I believe is entirely automated.
    Was this your first offense? That seems awfully severe, if so. The guy I play with got 3 and 5 (6?) day silences from what I remember. We use vent to communicate, though, so it hasn't hampered our (already pretty bad) gameplay, though.

cant you block the offenders?

10+ Year Old Account
    nope

i think the funniest thing is that what hit that magical number of reports that cause an automated punishment to be put into effect was in a game where i'd said nothing and a player was mad i kicked his team's ass as McCree and was complaining about it it in chat saying "fuck you" etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    nope

i think the funniest thing is that what hit that magical number of reports that cause an automated punishment to be put into effect was in a game where i'd said nothing and a player was mad i kicked his team's ass as McCree and was complaining about it it in chat saying "fuck you" etc
    Sounds like you're prolly right that it was automated, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I've reported like 7 people today for making homophobic comments, I've reported more than I can count in the past yet nothing seems to ever happen to them. Why are they not being removed from the game?

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but how about some context?

I've been playing this game since day one and I've never heard anyone just start talking down about particular people. Are you confusing people using words? like someone getting killed and saying "that is gay" or "that guy is a f-word"

Cause that isn't homophobic, Which btw isnt' a real thing to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    Most people probably don't care. Someone in my friend group habitually calls people "niggerfaggots" and has only been silenced twice in the year or so that he's been playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Was this your first offense? That seems awfully severe, if so. The guy I play with got 3 and 5 (6?) day silences from what I remember. We use vent to communicate, though, so it hasn't hampered our (already pretty bad) gameplay, though.
    at some point people need to step away from the internet or just stop letting these things bother them. You play with 100's of people all week and out of them 1 says some nasty stuff.

honestly that isn't even an issue.

I do love the way labels like "homophobe" are casually thrown around in order to shut people down and stifle debate

I bet you if you asked people who used words like faggot and cock sucker that they would simply be doing so as an insult and not targeting someones sexual identity

The words are in common parlance as insults, not as homophobic remarks deliberately aimed at homosexuals

In fact you will probably find that they are used predominantly against heterosexuals

Do you really think the people that use these words have some sort of secret gaydar on their screen so they can figure out who is homosexual so they can call them a faggot?

Really?
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Back in burning crusade I got temp banned for calling someone a "fgt".

Since then, I've had some surprisingly lax boundaries as far as free speech goes.

Unfortunately, since I've been playing other online games for the past 10 years, I've heard the terms nigger, faggot, retard, etc soooo many times that they've lost all meaning to me.

So now I just tell people that it's just a game and they should calm down, specifically with the intent of pissing them off. It's the only way I know how anymore.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

It's an insult not a dick OP, don't need to scream while you take it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but how about some context?

I've been playing this game since day one and I've never heard anyone just start talking down about particular people. Are you confusing people using words? like someone getting killed and saying "that is gay" or "that guy is a f-word"

Cause that isn't homophobic, Which btw isnt' a real thing to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

at some point people need to step away from the internet or just stop letting these things bother them. You play with 100's of people all week and out of them 1 says some nasty stuff.

honestly that isn't even an issue.
    Yep, I completely agree. It's been a long time since someone's online slurs have done more than raise my eyebrows. This is the internet, some people are assholes, and when they insult others with slurs, it's just to get a rise out of them. I doubt very many of my buddy's "niggerfaggot" targets are black or gay (much less both at the same time), but from what I understand people get pretty butthurt when he calls them that. (As I said in my other post, I opt out of chat/voice entirely so I never see any of this stuff regardless.)

its called growing a pair, and not let words over the internet affect you.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    You can't use "faggot" as an insult without being homophobic. Context might lessen the severity but it is still homophobic behavior.

Here's an example of what I mean: "God dammit dude! You're such a jew!" This statement is antisemitic because it suggests that being Jewish is a bad thing. If you are using "faggot" as a synonym for "stupid" then you are being homophobic.
    By that logic someone that is, in fact, homosexual wouldn't get offended by being called a "Faggot" as that is what they actually are and they don't see it as an insult by an adjective that actually describes them, right? No, I can call something "Gay" and not be homophobic. I heavily advocate FOR Homosexual rights. It isn't an insult to me. I grew up with "Gay" being a term to mean bad or stupid. I don't actually connect it to Homosexuals in anyway because being Homosexual isn't a bad or stupid thing any more than me finding girls attractive as a guy. Gay originally meant Happy. Then it meant homosexual. To me it just means bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Is it really that big a blow to your vocabulary to not use a couple of words out of basic respect?
    The original meaning was "happy". That is the only meaning it has to my grandparents. To you the only meaning it has is to describe a homosexual. Wouldn't it be a blow to your vocabulary to use it to mean homosexual? No, that's how you grew up knowing the term. Would you say my grandparents are disrespectful to use the term gay to mean happy just because someone else is offended by it?

Also apparently my vocabulary doesn't include the words "Stupid" or "bad" because reasons?

Is it really that big a blow to your vocabulary to not use a couple of words out of basic respect?
    Apparently not as big a blow as someone taking offense of another's actions.

edit:

Why should someone restrain themselves because someone else is offended? Cause it seems these days it's expected that some people's offense should be expected but others are told they should take their offense and stuff it. The difference simply being who is getting offended and at what.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-11-02 at 06:12 AM.

Are you your grandparents?
    If I were. If to me the term meant happy. Would you still say it was a big blow to my vocabulary to use the term gay to mean happy?

Did you add them on friends list and ensure they weren't punished/warned somehow?

I'm kinda in the middle here.

I do believe that a lot people are easily offended, and that's their problem. The world is not a perfect place and probably never will be, deal with it.

And while I think you have the right to say whatever you want, other people also have the right to be offended. It goes both ways.
    If that's the case, just take the punishment. Instead of bitching and calling people snowflakes.

So own your actions, you faggot.