Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoyBoy View Post
    No it doesn't. Not on a systemic level at least.
    Liar.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    'Cause they're passionate...that's all. There is no why. There is just what is.

A survey asked pizza supremacists and braggarts why they thought their pizza was better than everyone elses, and 100 out of 100 polled responded "Because it is the best".
    Meh, I like the pizza soup in a bread bowl because of the buttery crust and stronger flavor in the sauce instead of the thin patina that gets put on most places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Pizza hut>Boston Pizza> Dominos >

pizza hut has the best deals imo, boston pizza decent quality and dominos is cheap but good.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Why do east coasters think their pizza is better than other peoples?
    Because it is. That's not up for debate.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    crap pizza is crap

not to mention "Papa John" is a huge douche canoe regardless.
    Why do you think he is a "douche canoe?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I didn't know the Papa John guy is such an ass.

In the defense of the company most chains are staffed by high school kids, the quality is going to vary. I live close to a Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's. They are close to equal in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The US has a much higher population than the U.K..
    Pssst, that's in the infographic.

I invite you to do the arithmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    BAIT alert. This guy has no data, just deflections.
    Was this a shot at me? I actually backed up what I had to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Oh and Papa Johns 100% uses fake cheese, I still think its good though
    What a surprise. Someone with Tucker Carlson on their profile likes shitty Pizza.

If the decline in NFL viewership is dropping papa johns pizza profits then obviously that pizza ins't good enough to stand on its own. Fuck em.

Before he can really make the claim that it's the NFL's fault, he really needs to open up the books and see where and when his sales are dropping.

Granted, it could be an overall drop in sales, but if - for example - they are losing customers when NFL games are on, then that would be a pretty conclusive piece of evidence that less people are watching football and as thus less people seeing his commercials and less people ordering pizza.

Further, since he has aligned himself on the conservative side and is a Trumper, might that have something to do with his declining sales and not the NFL?

Thus another reason to open the books. Is his sales decline directly related to the start of the NFL season? Or has it gone on all year?

But I would say though is that this could have repercussions on the NFL as a whole though if some of it's big sponsors want to renegotiate the terms of their deals or pull their sponsorships of the NFL altogether because of the decline in viewership due to protests

Personally, at this point, the NFL should just do away with the National Anthem to leave politics out of sports. And if the NFL does this, other sports will follow. I understand it for international sporting events when national teams go against each other like in the Olympics or FIFA, but due to the controversy of it, it seems pointless to keep it.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2017-11-02 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    I mean that's pretty sad. If you are a large chain that can't even maintain customers, without their weekly(?) reminder that you exist, you clearly don't have an appealing enough product.
    Even more sad would be if people are so upset with football that they don't even order Pizza from a chain that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

That or people that used to get together to watch football, now don't order Pizza from Papa Johns anymore.

Earlier this year when i visited NYC, i stopped by a few "must go" pizza joints in Brooklyn, under the bridge.
    Grimaldi was one. I think Juli something was the other.

Dunno what the big fuzz is, its alright but ill still take a stuffed crust Pizza hut over that "gourmet" stuff anyday.

/flamesuit on

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I mean that's pretty sad. If you are a large chain that can't even maintain customers, without their weekly(?) reminder that you exist, you clearly don't have an appealing enough product.
    Even more sad would be if people are so upset with football that they don't even order Pizza from a chain that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

That or people that used to get together to watch football, now don't order Pizza from Papa Johns anymore.
    We usually eat nachos and wings. Not so much pizza for football parties.

Now I'm curious as to what other people have at their get-togethers. Besides beer since that's a given.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted

Now I'm curious as to what other people have at their get-togethers. Besides beer since that's a given.
    Well I was just imagining that people get together, and then the commercial showing Papa Johns subconsciously makes them order Papa Johns, which might have some truth to it, but it still makes the notion somewhat odd that they somehow be affected by the NFL.

I think it's actually amusing that he thinks advertisment really works that way .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-02 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Various BBQ'd stuff, Caribbean food, wings, egg rolls, empanadas (various shit that we've learned how to cook. nobody in my fam is from a Carribbean island, Asian, or Hispanic).

Beer, whisky, vodka, cognac. In that order.

Reminds me, I need a fryer.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Papa Johns pizza is ok but it is not very good for the price. I would rather get pizza hut or little ceasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well I was just imagining that people get together, and then the commercial showing Papa Johns subconsciously makes them order Papa Johns, which might have some truth to it, but it still makes the notion somewhat odd that they somehow be affected by the NFL.
    I get subliminal messages to turn on that Notorious BIG song, "Big Poppa" when the Papa Johns commercials come on.

I guess it's not really subliminal since the name is part of the title. Liminal messages?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Various BBQ'd stuff, Caribbean food, wings, egg rolls, empanadas (various shit that we've learned how to cook. nobody in my fam is from a Carribbean island, Asian, or Hispanic).

Beer, whisky, vodka, cognac. In that order.

Reminds me, I need a fryer.
    Perfection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Papa Johns pizza is ok but it is not very good for the price. I would rather get pizza hut or little ceasers.
    And the Little Caesars CEO isn't a dick.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hate their pizza. The cheese is nasty - it’s never gooey and always splits into pieces. And I don’t like the taste of the sauce.
    Sorry that was supposed to be a joke on how they can't prepare a pizza for a decent price or with legitimate toppings.