Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked the achievements.

Not really, I'd prefer if flying didn't exist at all for current content.

But I suppose it is a compromise.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No, because after 7.2.5 you cannot even use it, like all that stuff for nothing.

Deleted
    While I find the concept of getting flying via achievement kinda OK, I don't like the current implementation.

It should only be limited by exploration and quests, not reputation, and not gated by arbitrary time-gates like Suramar loremaster (where you could not get through the questline without killing Xavius at least in LFR).

It also should unlock immediately after all requirements are met, and not postponed to the completion of a later part in some additional zones.

I would even prefer Pathfinder to be more specific - reach max level, complete Loremaster and Explorer of a zone, get flying in this zone immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard say that it is about experiencing the content, but such parts as reputation go way beyond just that.
    Reputations in the way they are implemented are not reaching the required status through simply experiencing the content.
    That is just unnecessary repetition.
    Exactly. Grind =/= Experience.

No I don't like it,at least for legion. If they want to continue the Pathfinder, all zone should be flyable. Not Arguslike shit.

No.

The achievement itself is boring. People who are into achievements do the parts anyway. Meta achievements for raids have some meaning, this one doesn't.

The achievement is only there to gate access to flying. It would have been OK if not for the fact that this all is mostly cloud and mirrors and the real gating is not in COMPLETING parts of the achievement but rather in NOT BEING ABLE TO COMPLETE several of them many months after launch.

Deleted
    I actually do like it, it gives you a goal
    The flying is a bonus from it, as well as the increase to mount speed

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. It's a bunch of stuff I'd be doing anyways, and now it has a late game application.

A perfect way to solve the flying non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    No, because after 7.2.5 you cannot even use it, like all that stuff for nothing.
    So you haven't left Argus once since the area opened? Not one single time? That must be very boring. I use mine every time I log into the game. Repeatedly...on multiple characters.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-11-02 at 11:17 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

After getting max level and done all quests on the new continent Flying should be available. That's just me. I hated the terrain of the Highmountain or other places in Legion, they do really favour DH and their double-jump & glide. Doing WQuests without flying was such a big pain...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Why do I have to raid for gear? Why do I have to do achievements for titles?
    That's not what happened though. This would be like if you're going to raid for gear first you havee to do the pet battle achievements. Before you get a title you need to become a grandmaster, archeologists.

Flying used to be, you hit max level you've seen all the content

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I actually do like it, it gives you a goal
    The flying is a bonus from it, as well as the increase to mount speed
    I totally agree it gives me something to work towards, and once I get the achievement done it feels great because I have achieved something even if it is only a game.. To me those that hate the idea of Pathfinder, could be the type that is to lazy to do things that are easy to do and or are the type that expect to have everything in life handed to them on a silver platter..

And I bet if they could they would even find a way to log into the game that would take zero effort on their part..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I love it. It's a bunch of stuff I'd be doing anyways, and now it has a late game application.

A perfect way to solve the flying non-issue.
    I just hope that Blizzard keep doing it, just to mess with those that hate having to lift a finger and tap the keyboard to do the achievement.. I find it entertaining to watch people whinge about having to put some effort into the game to earn something useful.. Must wonder if they are like that in real life..

I like the pathfinder achievement fine. I don't like that people get flying from it though.

My ideal of this game would have no flying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I like the pathfinder achievement fine. I don't like that people get flying from it though.

My ideal of this game would have no flying at all.
    Seriously? Where the hell were all of you flight-hating guys from TBC through MoP? Did you just start playing in WoD or something? I wonder how fast some of you guys would jump on the bandwagon if Ion started saying:

"We don't think orcs really fit the game. Orcs are just something we always did by habit without thinking about it. So we're going to try a WoW expansion without orcs. You won't be able to play your orc characters anymore, because they'd just too harmful to the design of the game."

Wouldn't take more than a couple of hours for people to start regurgitating it like they do with flight being bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Seriously? Where the hell were all of you flight-hating guys from TBC through MoP? Did you just start playing in WoD or something? I wonder how fast some of you guys would jump on the bandwagon if Ion started saying:

"We don't think orcs really fit the game. Orcs are just something we always did by habit without thinking about it. So we're going to try a WoW expansion without orcs. You won't be able to play your orc characters anymore, because they'd just too harmful to the design of the game."

Wouldn't take more than a couple of hours for people to start regurgitating it like they do with flight being bad for the game.
    lol. I get that you are trying to discredit me or something but you are barking up the wrong tree. If the old forums were still accessible you would be able to find a post from my old rogue complaining about flight about a month after TBC launched. I've been fairly consistent in pointing out that flight disconnects you from the world and makes the world feel far too small, As well as ruining any sense of difficulty or danger in the wild.

That being said I mostly kept my mouth shut, I don't like it, I don't do it as much I can help it. The only reason you see it so much now is because the topic is brought up every other thread. They made a good game design decision (imo) barring flight, but an equally good business decision in capitulating to the lazy masses by bringing it back with the achievement.

I'd like to point out your signature is hilariously ironic considering your first instinct was to attack me
    "If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument."

From all the comments and circular arguments I've come to this observation. People who have been subbed since the beginning of the expansion (for WoD and Legion), and who are achievement completionists seem to be the people supporting it. Not that it's against them or anything but I'll make a few points.

-Pathfinder doesn't take into account returning players who wish to catch up before new expansion or just returning. A laundry list of things that takes a week or more from grinding out stupid now redundant content (I'm looking at you Suramar storyline and woldquest/rep grind) makes you not want to even complete it before expansion end.

-For people who really only have a few hours a day (at very very most) to play WoW grinding out an achievement to unlock a feature I should have at max level to more effeciently complete my stuff, this is ridiculous.

-There absolutely should be no time gate post release.

-If people like the fact that you can have flying on all toons, then just make it like it used to be with that added benefit. Get to level xxx buy a tome or training that gives all your alts the ability to fly as well. Or even better how about flying goes back to the way it was, and people who want to have access on all toons can complete the pathfinder achievement. That way you've seen the land, you've had your gold sink instead of a time sink, AND you get to keep that precious feeling of accomplishment as a completionist while not having to sink more gold for your alts.

Dunno about you but that sounds like a solution to both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

So you haven't left Argus once since the area opened? Not one single time? That must be very boring. I use mine every time I log into the game. Repeatedly...on multiple characters.
    Ofcourse, but hey I am currently way more at Argus than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger General Vader View Post
    For people who really only have a few hours a day (at very very most) to play WoW grinding out an achievement to unlock a feature I should have at max level to more effeciently complete my stuff, this is ridiculous.
    What do you need to do more efficiently with flying in your "limited" time?

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    What do you need to do more efficiently with flying in your "limited" time?
    4 world quests for emissary, Profession mats, raid, do battlegrounds, farm old raids/dungeons for transmog/mounts, have a social life outside of games, PLAY OTHER GAMES (Sometimes?). So yeah for someone who has maybe 2-3 hours a night MAX you have to choose what you can do for the week. Being able to fly and complete my stuff around the broken isles means I can do more of the stuff I like In my limited time. So yes, it is just another frustration added to people wanting to play how they want to. Someone said it better earlier in the thread but paraphrasing it went something like this, "Blizzard: we make the hard things simple and the simple things hard". Pretty much changing flying from gold in a nut shell.
    Last edited by Ranger General Vader; 2017-11-02 at 04:03 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    i like pathfinder its much cooler than buying it from a trainer at max lvl but i would like to have it avaiable from the start of expansion