Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I don't know why everyone's so afraid of a "filler" expansion. As long as it has boats and tropical islands in it, I'm game. Quite tired of solving all these world ending crises if I'm being perfectly honest...
    As long as they planned it out correctly a "filler" expansion could be great. Island hopping, discovering tribes and cultures tied to specific islands, lush jungle islands, desert islands, icey islands, etc. With as the endgoal breaking trough magic mumbo jumbo preventing us from entering Kul'Tiras with the McGuffins we collected on said islands. As the patches go on the theme starts to shift from "Yay adventures and islands!" to "Why are there tentacles with eyes on them growing out of the ground?:

It is true that WoD was kind of a perfect storm moment of bad decisions and running out of energy (and Cata was just overly ambitious).

Guess we'll find out - I imagine that they must have learned at least a good chunk of their lesson, especially since they probably realize that with WoW no longer being the same sized juggernaut as it was circa 2007, they need to keep the subscriber-faithful a bit happier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    neat i think im in at or around the top 20 lol. not bad for a few hours a day
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

3000 pages before Blizzcon! Come on people, you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    As long as they planned it out correctly a "filler" expansion could be great. Island hopping, discovering tribes and cultures tied to specific islands, lush jungle islands, desert islands, icey islands, etc. With as the endgoal breaking trough magic mumbo jumbo preventing us from entering Kul'Tiras with the McGuffins we collected on said islands. As the patches go on the theme starts to shift from "Yay adventures and islands!" to "Why are there tentacles with eyes on them growing out of the ground?:
    Bananas with eyes O_O

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powerword-shawarma View Post
    Nope. Do it yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leafsip View Post
    Bananas with eyes O_O

I'd welcome a filler expansion aswell - those would be great opportunities to introduce new features, cosmetical (e.g. sub races) or gameplay, rather than moving forward in the story (not that I'm not interested in it, though).

Damnit, I've been lurking on this thread for over 1000 pages. I thought long and hard about which team to join, and one team rose above the rest. #TeamBear! Buuuut....I can't place a sig until I hit 10 posts. Curse my lurking!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Sure, a 1-2 patch expansion with a steady flow of good quality content that's -supposed- to, and wouldn't, last no more than 8-12 months would be fine. They would really have to reflect that in the pricing and development time however, which is where WoD really dropped the ball.

Tel'Abim jokes aside, I am all over the idea of a zone of bananas driving people batshit insane because they're actually Old God ciphers.

I was watching a documentary about extremely potent Nepal honey that's hallucinogenic. Running into bananas (with eyes) that literally make people raving mad like in the lootable grey-journals feels like a natural WoW translation.

Quote Originally Posted by powerword-shawarma View Post
    Nah, 2500 or so.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    Tel'Abim jokes aside, I am all over the idea of bananas driving people batshit insane because they're actually Old God ciphers.

I was watching a documentary about extremely potent Nepal honey that's hallucinogenic. Running into bananas (with eyes) that literally make people raving mad like in the lootable grey-journals feels like a natural WoW translation.
    Hey, if Yogg could do it with rocks, why can't N'zoth do it with bananas?
    Honestly it would make sense to target people through consumption instead of contact.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mafayu View Post
    Damnit, I've been lurking on this thread for over 1000 pages. I thought long and hard about which team to join, and one team rose above the rest. #TeamBear! Buuuut....I can't place a sig until I hit 10 posts. Curse my lurking!
    You havn't enough bearnerals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus1 View Post
    I'd welcome a filler expansion aswell - those would be great opportunities to introduce new features, cosmetical (e.g. sub races) or gameplay, rather than moving forward in the story.
    Exactly. Legion pushed the story forward a lot, so there's no hurry to go kill the Void Lords just yet. Besides, everything we've seen so far seems to be hinting towards us dealing with the Old Gods in whatever this next expansion is -- and I don't think that's "filler" at all considering they've been one of the biggest threats in the game next to the Burning Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    LOL people are deleting posts
    why/. that seems an odd thing to do

- - - Updated - - -

this thread will take you out of lurker fast

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    Tel'Abim jokes aside, I am all over the idea of a zone of bananas driving people batshit insane because they're actually Old God ciphers.

they have already stated that anything tel abim is wrong.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Oooooh I'm in the top 50. I'll take it. I can't believe I've posted more than 200 posts on this one darn thread.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    they have already stated that anything tel abim is wrong.
    Sort of, anyway. They mock it which means that it's excessively unlikely.

I'm not speculating that it's a real thing or anything - just saying, it would be a cute zone hook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Bear has nothing but salmon and bad bear puns!!!

Join Team Titan Azshara!! For she will rule us all in her glory and replace Azeroth as our loving Titan in time.

#PraiseToHer
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Oooooh I'm in the top 50. I'll take it. I can't believe I've posted more than 200 posts on this one darn thread.
    I am at 21 if I include this one. I am a noob. :S

So if one of the only ongoing leaks that is remotely believable is the Genki Leak and if the quest armor is used and not a red herring. Then maybe Shadowfall was only half of the name of the expack or is a in house name until they register the real one?