Thread: The Cycle

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink The Cycle

The expansion reveal / build up cycle is about to begin! Now if this is your first expansion announcement you do not know what to expect. Luckily for you there are helpful individuals here at MMO-Champion to help you out! Here is the recurring cycle for expansions.

• Leaks - Some Plausible, Some Far-fetched.
    • Expansion is announced. It was the far-fetched one.
    • Many things said on stage are misinterpreted by fans.
    • Blizzard clarifies things many days later.
    • Given what we see in the trailer and gameplay, the line of "maybe development is farther along than we thought!" will be thrown around alot.
    • Release date speculations.
    • Beta speculations.
    • Beta invites go out.
    • People question why they didn't get one even though they signed up on battle.net.
    • People who played WoW once back in 2007 at their friend's house on vacation get a beta invite.
    • Game appears buggy up until release.
    • Everyone is wondering "what is the cool surprise like heirlooms were in Wrath?"
    • There is no surprise.
    • At least one zone is cut. Don't worry, it was an end game zone.
    • Game releases.
    • Everyone praises this expansion as being the best one ever.
    • Two months after release it is declared as the worst expansion ever with no content.
    • Community looks forward to next expansion to "fix" WoW.
    • Cycle starts again.

What did I miss?

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    I mean was Legion ever called the worst expansion by the large group of people? Beyond people disliking the RNG most seem happy with it.

Also there is a massive difference between thal'dranath and farahlon. One was some random isle that no one had ever heard about and didn't exist in lore until Legion, where as farahlon is a lore heavy zone from TBC which was just....missing.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-11-02 at 04:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ... Yeah, that is kinda how it goes, but i don't know about the whole "worst expansion" thing. I did not hear this back in TBC and Wrath, and Legion is still very much liked.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

You missed
    - Everyone complains about no flying on release
    - Blizzard finally releases flying
    - Everyone complains flying ruined the game

Legion changed that cycle, it's the most buggy expansion ever made. Stuff either doesn't get fixed, or it takes a year to get fixed (warrior class hall jump). Also has an expansion ever been accurated "leaked" / predicted, even "far fetched ones"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Legion changed that cycle, it's the most buggy expansion ever made. Stuff either doesn't get fixed, or it takes a year to get fixed (warrior class hall jump). Also has an expansion ever been accurated "leaked" / predicted, even "far fetched ones"?
    Yep. Cata was properly leaked, as was MoP (I think? Can't remember that one clearly.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well I’ve been saying it was the worst expansion ever since launch (it became evident from the game design direction as early as during levelling), but beyond that I suppose that’s accurate for the majority of folks here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yep. Cata was properly leaked, as was MoP (I think? Can't remember that one clearly.)
    They had to hand wave the MoP leak as being a ‘spin-off’ book in a blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    ... Yeah, that is kinda how it goes, but i don't know about the whole "worst expansion" thing. I did not hear this back in TBC and Wrath, and Legion is still very much liked.
    Oh, man, TBC was basically met w/ "TBC killed WoW", numerous gaming magazines had articles about it, forums were filled w/ "WTF is this space BS?" threads and so on.

As for WotLK, it went like, "Re-released Naxx is lazy content, Blizz WTF?", "Ulduar is the worst raid ever, fuck Levi and vehicle fights, fuck titan BS", "ToC is the worst raid ever. Period", then we had realm transfer abuse controversy and "Limited attempts? WTF is this BS, Blizz?". Also don't forget about unending whine about DKs being OP, LFD and everyone there being shit, welfare epics and badges.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-02 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Cata and MoP both were. Wrath was leaked also on the old World of Raids site but it was sort of a given that Northrend would be the next destination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Cata and MoP both were. Wrath was leaked also on the old World of Raids site but it was sort of a given that Northrend would be the next destination.
    Wasn't WoD also sort of leaked? I know we got the name early but I remember seeing a post where someone claimed that "Grom will be called Grommash because of a naming conflict with (some bike or something)" and he was indeed called Grommash instead of just Grom. I could be wrong though.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Wasn't WoD also sort of leaked? I know we got the name early but I remember seeing a post where someone claimed that "Grom will be called Grommash because of a naming conflict with (some bike or something)" and he was indeed called Grommash instead of just Grom. I could be wrong though.
    yeah and even the trailer was described prefectly, I remmember people calling "FAAAKE AHIAUHWAIUZHDIAZ" about the Gronns carrying cannons lul

Legion was too, in the speculation thread with a single post if I remember correctly.

You missed the step where people take a whole week off work to no-life the shit out of it and complain there's nothing to do after 150 hours in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Legion was too, in the speculation thread with a single post if I remember correctly.
    I do remember people going bonkers over that, one short little post that got mostly ignored and otherwise ridiculed hahah
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I do remember people going bonkers over that, one short little post that got mostly ignored and otherwise ridiculed hahah
    One of the few responses to it was completely dumping on it lol. It was mostly ignored like you said :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    The expansion reveal / build up cycle is about to begin! Now if this is your first expansion announcement you do not know what to expect. Luckily for you there are helpful individuals here at MMO-Champion to help you out! Here is the recurring cycle for expansions.

• Leaks - Some Plausible, Some Far-fetched.
    • Expansion is announced. It was the far-fetched one.
    • Many things said on stage are misinterpreted by fans.
    • Blizzard clarifies things many days later.
    • Given what we see in the trailer and gameplay, the line of "maybe development is farther along than we thought!" will be thrown around alot.
    • Release date speculations.
    • Beta speculations.
    • Beta invites go out.
    • People question why they didn't get one even though they signed up on battle.net.
    • People who played WoW once back in 2007 at their friend's house on vacation get a beta invite.
    • Game appears buggy up until release.
    • Everyone is wondering "what is the cool surprise like heirlooms were in Wrath?"
    • There is no surprise.
    • At least one zone is cut. Don't worry, it was an end game zone.
    • Game releases.
    • Everyone praises this expansion as being the best one ever.
    • Two months after release it is declared as the worst expansion ever with no content.
    • Community looks forward to next expansion to "fix" WoW.
    • Cycle starts again.

What did I miss?
    Naw, you just sound a bit salty.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you frequent the lore subforum:

- expansion is announced
    - "wtf Blizz, how come nobody ever mentioned or was aware of this huge continent before?"
    - people argue about retcons
    - what happens to blood elves this expansion?
    - "I thought X was dead!"
    - Obvious Horde bias
    - Jaina is evil/dreadlord
    - "great, my race got the shaft AGAIN!"
    - Arguing who the final boss will be
    - Windrunner arguing
    - Obvious Alliance bias
    - Purge of Dalaran gets brought up again. Queue instant +10 pages
    - Lord @Aquamonkey dropping blue posts from the 5 terabyte folder in his C: drive of literally every official lore post
    - "ANOTHER anthropomorphic talking animal? Blizz caters to furries!"
    - Who should be warchief after Sylvanas
    - Sylvanas
    - @Arrashi says "Mudmug"
    - In-game cinematics datamined
    - argue about said cinematics. 50+ pages.

It has been so many leaks this time so which exactly is the far fetched one?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Oh, man, TBC was basically met w/ "TBC killed WoW", numerous gaming magazines had articles about it, forums were filled w/ "WTF is this space BS?" threads and so on.

As for WotLK, it went like, "Re-released Naxx is lazy content, Blizz WTF?", "Ulduar is the worst raid ever, fuck Levi and vehicle fights, fuck titan BS", "ToC is the worst raid ever. Period", then we had realm transfer abuse controversy and "Limited attempts? WTF is this BS, Blizz?". Also don't forget about unending whine about DKs being OP, LFD and everyone there being shit, welfare epics and badges.
    Hmm i did not feel that "rage" out there From the point of my server, it was at that time the realm flourished.

There were alot of complaints indeed, i came with some myself on the forums, but it was no where close to the "this expansion killed the game!!". Maybe had something with the constantly increasing playerbase.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Naw, you just sound a bit salty.
    Not salty at all. Just enjoying a laugh. I can't wait to see what's in store. =]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You missed the step where people take a whole week off work to no-life the shit out of it and complain there's nothing to do after 150 hours in.
    Hahaha this is so true! I took one day off for Legion and enjoyed the leveling at a nice pace.