Poll: Dailies: Yay or Nay?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you like the way dailies are implemented in GW2?

Greetings, champions! Good to see you all, as always.

So, today I've been doing my dailies and after a billion years I've finally got 250 gold to get my griffon! Yay! Thanks to the dailies and a lot of work

This lead me to a question: Do you like the way dailies are implemented in GW2?

They're a bit different from other games of the genre, which I like. I don't love them, mainly because those that do not have HoT or PoF can't make some of the dailies, but I like the overall idea.

And you?

I don't think about the dailies. If I complete them, it's because I was out doing other things. In that respect I like it since I don't worry about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies honestly dont matter to me. I mean I would be a lot more rich if I did them but I don't go out of my way to do them. Also theres a ridiculous amount of dailies in this game if you try to do each category. You have your regular ones (PVE/PVP/WVW do whatever 3), then fractals, then LS3, then whatever festival is going on.

What I would like to see if for the none regular dailies to count towards the former's daily reward. After I do my T4s and sometimes daily fractal reqs I really dont want to chase down any of the "daily" dailies for some gold and AP. That can be said for doing the festival and LS3 dailies as well. There should be a dungeon and world boss of the day every day separate from the "daily" dailies.

I really would just like a way to bank my dailies. Like let me store 7 days worth of dailies at time so I don't feel like I have log in to do my daily chores, Instead I could bang out 1 on one day, maybe 4 the next, 3 the next day and be done with dailies for the entire week.

Good system but they can polish it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

When they were first added, yes. I enjoyed having a variety of different activities that could be done across the game-world either in PvP, PvE, or WvW in order to accomplish your daily quest "goal".

Since they overhauled it to make the stuff specific to certain zones, and then further changed it to make dailies zone specific? Not a fan, completely lost any remote interest I had in doing dailies. I enjoyed being able to complete them by slowly tinkering around doing a bit of this and that, I dislike them feeling like a "chore" that I specifically need to set aside time to complete.

I don't like the current setup compared to previous iterations. I'll usually give it a quick look and see if it's something I feel like doing, but don't feel pressured to complete them if they're irritating.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I voted under 'love them' because I'm mostly in PvP anymore, and winning a single game finishes your daily (usually).

Getting that win, sometimes, is another question entirely...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I suppose I voted under 'love them' because I'm mostly in PvP anymore, and winning a single game finishes your daily (usually).

Either you're completely destroyed, or you wreck the enemy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When they were first added, yes. I enjoyed having a variety of different activities that could be done across the game-world either in PvP, PvE, or WvW in order to accomplish your daily quest "goal".

Since they overhauled it to make the stuff specific to certain zones, and then further changed it to make dailies zone specific? Not a fan, completely lost any remote interest I had in doing dailies. I enjoyed being able to complete them by slowly tinkering around doing a bit of this and that, I dislike them feeling like a "chore" that I specifically need to set aside time to complete.
    Pretty much this. They used to be the best daily system in my experience in any MMO I have played and they turned them into complete and utter shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Or you end up with a Stronghold team who still have zero clue how the damn map works after it being in for years.

Stronghold is garbage. Rest of the maps are good.

Stronghold from what I remember them saying is supposed to have MOBA like elements. And it just doesn't work well in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Sums it up nicely. They went from being a reward for playing every day to a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

To expand a bit from the original premise, how do people like daily hearts, or the zone specific dailies from LS3?

For some reason I decided to hit up Draconis Mons and collect druid stuff, even though I don't care about the reward. The heart vendors basically ammount to "kill a bunch of spiders/asura/humans/animals" for some clicky bits, but it's nice routine without being too horribly repetitive.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    To expand a bit from the original premise, how do people like daily hearts, or the zone specific dailies from LS3?

For some reason I decided to hit up Draconis Mons and collect druid stuff, even though I don't care about the reward. The heart vendors basically ammount to "kill a bunch of spiders/asura/humans/animals" for some clicky bits, but it's nice routine without being too horribly repetitive.

At first I liked the idea of having daily hearts, but now I hate them. Having to re-complete hearts just to buy stuff for my griffon was annoying and not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Generally speaking, I don't mind them, but I think that's mostly because I complete them in those maps while I'm there for other purposes. I think the only time I've actively attempted to complete hearts was either for map completion during my first time in the map, or specifically for druid runestones in Draconis Mons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Yeah, matchmaking was absolutely terrible during my placements this season. My first four games had teams in only double-digits at the end of it.

Dailies and dailies rewards are fine as they are. Although I would tweak the daily reward that provides luck. Luck can be easily obtainable, so the reward provided can be pretty lackluster when compared to the laurel rewards, for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Dailies and dailies rewards are fine as they are. Although I would tweak the daily reward that provides luck. Luck can be easily obtainable, so the reward provided can be pretty lackluster when compared to the laurel rewards, for example.
    Changing to a Black Lion Key could make a huge difference in player logging in every day. I mean, nobody that I know wastes money on BLK, they usually farm them in PVP or Map Completion, so changing Luck Rewards to BLK would be veeeeeery cool.

But hey, we're talking about the guys that made mount adoption licences.

Well, i don't think they would focus on black lion keys since those can be farmed weekly using alts. But yeah, anything is better than luck.

10+ Year Old Account

This, I agree with and it was basically what I came here to say.

I have been working on the legendary backpiece from sPvP, which requires 3 matches every day for 45 days. Generally within those three games, all of my dailies get done without even realizing it.

Also, unrelated, but can anyone answer a question for me? I have all my placement games done this season and have 35 games played, and yet I still don't show up on the Friends and Guilds leaderboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Also, unrelated, but can anyone answer a question for me? I have all my placement games done this season and have 35 games played, and yet I still don't show up on the Friends and Guilds leaderboard.
    You have to play a minimum of 15 games a week to show up on any of the leaderboards. They implemented that because there were people that were apparently going 10-0 on their placements and then not playing a single game after that, and showing up on the top of the boards because of their "100%" win rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to play a minimum of 15 games a week to show up on any of the leaderboards. They implemented that because there were people that were apparently going 10-0 on their placements and then not playing a single game after that, and showing up on the top of the boards because of their "100%" win rate.
    That's so odd. I play 3 games a day because I'm working on the legendary back, which definitely amounts to more than 15 games a week. Maybe I just need to wait until next reset. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    That's so odd. I play 3 games a day because I'm working on the legendary back, which definitely amounts to more than 15 games a week. Maybe I just need to wait until next reset. o.O
    You should see a 'minimum games played' requirement in italics below where all the rankings are. I'd take a screenshot, but I'm at work right now.