Specter of Betrayal for Havoc

When should I use the Specter trinket? Should I use it on CD or with a specific cast like Chaos Blade or Fury of the Illidari?

Specter doesn't buff FOTI and FOTI doesn't buff Specter so there is no reason to sync them

Use: Create a Dread Reflection at your location for 1 min and cause each of your Dread Reflections to unleash a torrent of magic (45 Sec Cooldown)
    Read carefully, if you use it again within about 55 seconds of the previous activation then it does double damage. Popping on CD desyncs from a CB occasionally (the third CB won't have a specter in it) but it's not worth losing an activation or half of the activation damage to try to compensate for that even if you have the spare brainpower to do it and nothing more important to focus on, CB is "only" +30% damage now.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-11-01 at 05:37 AM.

The trinket itself on cooldown, as long as the boss position is right for it.
    If you can decrease the meta cooldown to 2:15, you could delay everything else to that point.
    Then you have:
    1. specter with all CDs
    2. specter with nemesis still active
    3. specter with nothing
    repeat

But i'm not sure, if delaying CB/nemesis for 15 seconds to align it with specter results in more damage overall.

Nemesis lasts 60 seconds and CB 18, they're still up anyway

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Note that specter is lackluster when you can't hit with both shadows consistently. For example I have a 950 specter and my alternative is a 935 cinders. Specter, even with a 15 ilvl advantage, will only out dps my cinders (with 0 other users) if I can land about 80 to 90% of my on uses with both after the first. U'll need to take any sim u get with a grain of salt and consider just how much of that damage ur realistically losing on any given fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zencurse View Post
    Note that specter is lackluster when you can't hit with both shadows consistently. For example I have a 950 specter and my alternative is a 935 cinders. Specter, even with a 15 ilvl advantage, will only out dps my cinders (with 0 other users) if I can land about 80 to 90% of my on uses with both after the first. U'll need to take any sim u get with a grain of salt and consider just how much of that damage ur realistically losing on any given fight
    i.e. if you're smashing through m+ from pack to pack, nothing will live long enough for double activation, but if you're going higher and packs live long enough it's quite worth it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zencurse View Post
    Yea but Cinders have 1200 crit while Specter has 3300 agi, even solo proccing Specter is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Yea but Cinders have 1200 crit while Specter has 3300 agi, even solo proccing Specter is good.
    not compared to cinders it isn't ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    not compared to cinders it isn't ...
    955 Specter vs. 955 Cinders is like 10k difference in favor of Cinders (approx. 120k Cinders vs 110k Specter single vs. 142k all dual)
    Don't know about you but I would still call that good.

Considering Agility is our worst stat and crit is our best one, that goes the opposite way you mentioned it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Considering Agility is our worst stat and crit is our best one, that goes the opposite way you mentioned it.
    What kind of argument is that? I mean obv crit is best but factoring in stat weights specter provides almost 3x of that amount. Jeeez I am not saying solo proccing Specter is amazing just that it aint bad, not sure whats the discussion about, especially since it is rather unlikely that you would single proc all Specters.

What kind of argument is that? I mean obv crit is best but factoring in stat weights specter provides almost 3x of that amount. Jeeez I am not saying solo proccing Specter is amazing just that it aint bad, not sure whats the discussion about, especially since it is rather unlikely that you would single proc all Specters.
    Well, you said Specter is good even if you proc it once.

I just differ saying Specter is just not good overall. Even if it provides a lot of agility, it's current weight for me is like 1/4 of crit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I just differ saying Specter is just not good overall. Even if it provides a lot of agility, it's current weight for me is like 1/4 of crit.
    Can you link your sim by any chance? I just simmed you and only got crit to be 46,6% ahead of agi, not 300%. You did log out in a demonic spec but I really doubt just swapping to standard talents is going to raise the value of crit that much.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2017-11-05 at 04:41 PM.

Kinda exagerated a bit, though it was lower. It's almost x2, though

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, I said solo proccing Specter is good and provided my own sim that solo Specter slightly behind Cinders. Mind you, I currently dont have a single crit% relic to further inflate crit stat.

Deleted
    I need to send a DM to someone so I post ... things, I guess.fhdfg