Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Alexstrasza - Ranged Support - Warcraft Hero

Background

Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, former Aspect of the red dragonflight, is the guardian of all life in the world of Azeroth. She was one of five great dragons chosen by the titans to be empowered with a portion of the Pantheon's power and rule over her flight while they watched over Azeroth and its inhabitants. The titans also appointed her queen of all dragons.

With the rise of Deathwing during World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Alexstrasza took a very active role in defending Azeroth against the Aspect of Death, eventually ordering her entire dragonflight to war against the black dragonflight. Alexstrasza, along with her fellow Aspects, gave their all to stop Deathwing once and for all, but lost much of their power in the process.

Videos

Abilities

Trait - Dragonqueen
    Cooldown: 150 seconds
    After 1.25 seconds, transform into a dragon and gain 500 Health. While Dragonqueen is active, Alexstrasza's Abilities are empowered, and her Basic Attacks deal 143 damage and heal allied Heroes for 43 in an arc in front of her. Additionally, the duration of incoming Stuns, Roots, Slows, and Blinds is reduced by 50%. Lasts 15 seconds.

Q - Gift of Life
    Mana: None
    Cooldown: 7 seconds
    Sacrifice 15% of Alexstrasza's current Health, healing an ally for 150% of that amount.

Dragonqueen: Breath of Life - Cooldown greatly reduced and does not cost Health.

W - Abundance
    Mana: 75
    Cooldown: 16seconds
    Plant a seed of healing that blooms after 3 seconds, healing nearby allied Heroes for 20% of their maximum Health.

Dragonqueen: Preservation - Heal area and amount greatly increased.

E - Flame Buffet
    Mana: 50
    Cooldown: 2 seconds
    Launch a fireball, Burning enemies hit for 75 damage over 5.5 seconds. Hitting enemies that are already Burning deals 125 bonus damage upon impact, Slows them by 40% decaying over 2 seconds, and refunds the Mana cost.

Dragonqueen: Wing Buffet - Damage and Knockback enemies in an arc.

R1 - Life-Binder
    Mana: 100
    Cooldown: 75 seconds
    Bind Alexstrasa's life force with an allied Hero. After 2 seconds, the Hero with a lower percentage of Health is set to the same Health percentage as the other Hero.

R2 - Cleansing Flame
    Mana: 100
    Cooldown: 90 seconds
    After 1.25 seconds, take to the sky and drop 5 fireballs over 6 seconds at the position of the mouse cursor. Fireballs deal 150 damage to enemies and heal allied Heroes for 300 Health. 2 seconds after dropping all fireballs, Alexstrasza lands at the position of the mouse cursor.

Talents

Level 1
    • [Q] Live and Let Live - While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, Gift of Life's cooldown recharges 100% faster.
    • [W] Circle of Life - !Quest: Collect Regeneration Globes. !Reward: After collecting 15 Regeneration Globes, Abundance heals for an additonal 5% maximum health. !Reward: After collecting 25, Abundance's healing burst creates a Regeneration Globe.
    • [E] Flames of Fury - !Quest: Hit 20 burning heroes with Flame Buffet. !Reward: Hitting a burning hero with Flame Buffet reduces Dragonqueen's cooldown by 5 seconds.

Level 4
    • [W] Surge of Vitality - Abundance also grants allied Heroes 30% movement speed for 3 seconds.
    • [E] Heat Exhaustion - Increase Flame Buffet's initial slow from 40% to 60%.
    • (Passive) Exuberance - While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, gain 15% movement speed.

Level 7
    • [Q] Life Blossom - While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, Gift of Life creates a Life Blossom at target's location. She can collect the Life Blossom to make her next Gift of Life cost no health.
    • [W] Verdant Flourish - Alexstrasza received 30% more healing from Abundance and 100% more healing from Regeneration Globes.
    • [E] Fire Within - Hitting a burning hero with Flame Buffet heals Alexstrasza for 10% of maximum health.

Level 13
    • (Passive) Dragon Scales - Gain 30 armor while stunned, silenced or rooted, and for 2 seconds afterwards. Can only trigger once every 10 seconds.
    • [Active] Pacify - Activate to reduce an enemy hero's damage by 50% for 3 seconds. Healing a stunned, rooted or silenced allied hero reduces the cooldown of this ability by 30 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
    • [Active] Life Unbound - Activate to heal an allied hero for 15% of their maximum health and deal 200 damage to nearby enemies. Healing a stunned, rooted or silenced ally reduces the cooldown of this ability by 30 seconds. Cannot be used on self. 90 second cooldown.

Level 16
    • [Q] Tough Love - While Alexstrasza is above 75% health, Gift of Life grants its target 20 armor for 2 seconds.
    • [W] Overprotective - Heroes healed by Abundance gain a shield for 3 seconds that is equal to 60% of the amount healed.
    • [D] Draconic Discipline - Increase Dragonqueen's duration by 9 seconds.

Level 20
    • [R1] Ritual of Life - Life-Binder activates 3 times over 6 seconds.
    • [R2] On Ruby Wings - Healing or damaging Heroes 8 or more times with Cleansing Flame activates Dragonqueen for 15 seconds upon landing.
    • [D] Ancient Flame - While Dragonqueen is active, Alexstrasza's Basic Attacks apply Flame Buffet, but her Attack Speed is reduced by 25%.
    • [Active] Blessing of the Red - Activate to grant an allied Hero 500 bonus maximum Health until they die. Cannot be used on Alexstrasza, or on a Hero who already has Blessing of the Red. 40 second cooldown.

Screenshots

Official Hero Page
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-11-06 at 07:14 PM.

According to 4chan leaks, she's supposed to be a multiclass assassin/healer type.

Alexstrasza will be my next HotS purchase. I've been waiting for a character like her for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    According to 4chan leaks, she's supposed to be a multiclass assassin/healer type.

The official page says Support.

I'm more surprised she can wear pants after all these years she didn't. XD

Yes... that was the first thing i noticed of her model. <.<
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Her trait looks cool, pretty similar to Rag so i'm guessing it'll have 90+ seconds CD aswell. She looks interesting enough, can't wait for her full talents etc.

Deleted
    She looks good and a fun hero will definitly be saving all my shards and gold to get her and skins the moment she is out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I'm more surprised she can wear pants after all these years she didn't. XD

Yes... that was the first thing i noticed of her model. <.<
    Yeah, I don't like this, she also looks thicker as well.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, I don't like this, she also looks thicker as well.
    I'm okay with the model. Her face looks a bit off though, what's with this game and faces?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I'm okay with the model. Her face looks a bit off though, what's with this game and faces?
    Probably has to do with the nature of the game. How often are you looking at their faces ingame? It's a good place to save some polygons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Probably has to do with the nature of the game. How often are you looking at their faces ingame? It's a good place to save some polygons.
    Fair point, but they often stare right at you when you're at QM screen or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Most talents added to the OP. There are still a couple of names and descriptions missing but I'll keep my eye out for them.

Looks sweet, R1 looks fairly weak though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Flames of Fury sounds amazing, Burdened Flourish and Circle of Life sounds sick too, especially with the globe changes coming up, already liking her a lot more than Ana.

I'm so happy that they are adding her into the game. I have long saved 15k gold hoping that they would announce her and it happened!

Cleansing Flame lets you aim where you want to land again. So it's a damaging, healing, invulnerability, mobility heroic
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder because she got three skins, while Hanzo only two. Mastery skins are coming back?

Alexstrasza spotlight coming up right now on the tournament stream!

https://go.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Her playstyle just feels a step above most supports (and maybe heroes in general).