Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The first month of classic launch will have more viewers on twitch than league of legends, book it.

Deleted
    sounds like they're gonna bring it up to todays standard and actually improve upon vanilla, QoL updates etc. and not just set up a vanilla server.

I don't care what it costs I will pay whatever the fuck they want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I agree that Islamic terrorists are the result of everyone and their mother messing with the affairs in the middle east. If it were up to me, I’d let those savages (infraction inc) kill themselves as much as they want to. If it weren’t for all the left wing agenda though, it’d be a lot easier to keep all those evil guys out of civilised places. I mean, “refuges welcome” as an answer to 20-30 y.o. men invading Europe en masse? WTF...
    Didn't realize these were Vanilla factions on the new servers.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Let's make it two million. I'm sure they would gladly take their money from the first month or two before most quit, but I'm not so sure they've looked at the long term.
    So you know better than Blizzard themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly curious as to how they're going to make it last. Will they have a progression time line mch like in Vanilla or will it all be released at once? What about in two years when the game is effectively on farm for everyone since there is a definitive end to it? Will they reroll servers like extended seasons to keep it fresh?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    It will always beat the other expansions following Wrath In the social aspect, grouping up with strangers, making friendships that way, guilds, sharing resources, proffesion mats, quest Items.. I can't wait to hear more about It.
    This is the main issue, its practically the defining aspect to its success, IF ppl can maintain decently active communities, then sure it can thrive, if theres hardly anyone per server or they have to merge down to 1 to even have a handful of active 40s, then meh. success in that case is subjective. by far the social aspect of classic was my most memorable aspects, learning the game with your guild mates, seeing as we all know how to play the game at this point there is a unique element missing in there, its not going to be exactly the same, if it manages to attract enough players to actually make an active guild. that will be interesting to see.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-03 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    This Is a proof of concept, as I've been arguing with my friends the moment It was announced. People want this, and even BLIZZARD decided that It was obviously a good business decision In the long run.

Ofcourse we'll have to wait how they'd monetize It, cause I'd have to see another 15 buck sub for It. Something like.. If you got a sub, you get access to classic too or something could work.

This Is to all of those who claimed that us "Nostalgic" people only say It's "Nostalgic" and has no other value: Screw you, kindly.

To be fair, classic, aka Vanilla was bad In many aspects, but It will always beat the other expansions following Wrath In the social aspect, grouping up with strangers, making friendships that way, guilds, sharing resources, proffesion mats, quest Items.. I can't wait to hear more about It.

Really curious If the guys from you know where vanilla server(s) will come back to this, and what the now two split servers will say about It. Cause I doubt they were aware of It.
    Good luck having people actually trying to group up after one of the best features in WoW LFG was introduced.
    Manually spending 30+ mins trying to find a grp or constantly getting this "LF4M mage/rogue/hunter for XYZ dungeon" .

Delusional people are delusional thinking that this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I'm mostly curious as to how they're going to make it last. Will they have a progression time line mch like in Vanilla or will it all be released at once? What about in two years when the game is effectively on farm for everyone since there is a definitive end to it? Will they reroll servers like extended seasons to keep it fresh?
    That's my question as well. My guess is they'll release new content at a slow pace, but eventually they'll run out of Classic stuff. So then will there be a new BC launch?

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol how is this fun, without updates ???!!! seems a waste of resources to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    So you know better than Blizzard themselves?
    Are you saying they're perfect and have never made mistakes?

Be ready for $60 Classic Remastered and $7.50 monthly fee.

What is good about Vanilla?
    Rank 14 High Warlord will be totally OP, and impossible to get for anyone with a life.
    Rank 14 requires you to get the most honor kills in a week OF THE WHOLE SERVER for several months.
    So only 1-3 ppl get it, not most skill, but most kills !

UBRS / Scholo / Strat, yes will be awesome to run these for 3 weeks, then you're bored of them.
    Whats left is 40 Man raiding. If thats your thing, ok. great. But that's about it.

And tons of Timbermaw Hold Reputation grinding, yes awesome aswell, for bots !
    Then aq 40 grinding, for the one douche in your guild, that the officers like most that got the Head.

Thats all the content Vanilla had...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Good luck having people actually trying to group up after one of the best features in WoW LFG was introduced.
    Manually spending 30+ mins trying to find a grp or constantly getting this "LF4M mage/rogue/hunter for XYZ dungeon" .

You gotta understand people who miss vanilla realize it had faults, but the overall experience is greater as a whole than what they currently offer. For me the biggest part of why i liked the original version of this game is the relative difficulty (you cant pull 3+ mobs or your dead) and the fact gear upgrades meant something, epics were epic and legendaries made you want to be that guy sittting in ironforge lol.

I hope blizz does this the right way, the quirks of vanilla are what made it so good.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you saying they're perfect and have never made mistakes?
    I'm saying a business as big as Blizzard is FAR more trustworthy than you
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Lol how is this fun, without updates ???!!! seems a waste of resources to me...
    Good thing you're not a Blizzard investor

Quote Originally Posted by aisatsana View Post
    lmao @ all the people who were saying Blizz would never do it..
    People who never played in Vanilla can go play for a few months when it comes out now and realize it isn't all it was cracked up to be :P Depending on what "build" they do maybe even less time.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Because you dont manually have to find a group for mythic+??? I guess thats why mythic + is a failure /s

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I agree that Islamic terrorists are the result of everyone and their mother messing with the affairs in the middle east. If it were up to me, I’d let those savages (infraction inc) kill themselves as much as they want to. If it weren’t for all the left wing agenda though, it’d be a lot easier to keep all those evil guys out of civilised places. I mean, “refuges welcome” as an answer to 20-30 y.o. men invading Europe en masse? WTF...
    There's a few things I disagree strongly with here, but I'd be derailing the shit out of this thread, so the only thing I'll say is, the only "savages" are the terrorists. Refugees =/= terrorists.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted

I dont think there is one person who wants this that dosent understand the "flaws" of Vanilla.
    Lets just be happy. Everyone got something cool today. Exept diablo ppl i guess