Thread: RIP World PvP

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    It's not like is has been alive since TBC. But yeah these changes dont seem to be good.
    It was plenty alive in this xpac. Go wherever you may find a WQ that awards AP and you can bet you'll find a fight.

Of course most the time Alliance won't engage so you have to do it for them.

I'm not freaking out yet. They obviously don't intend to kill off World PvP but revitalize it. I think there's much more to this system they want to implement than just toggling PvP.

We have to see the incentives, from bonuses to even whole gameplay systems out in the world. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    You know damn well it's gonna be some crappy RNG gear pieces that won't even matter once the first raid tier comes out.
    You're getting really worked up for something you claim you have no desire for (rewards from WPvP).

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    This is literally it.
    You'll have your WPvP with people that want, not surprise-ganking low levels while questing.
    Yup. As it should be. No forced flagged lowbies getting killed by higher leveled players who feed their ego and can't hang in real PvP arean/RBGs =P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I love the idea of being able to permanently disable pvp regardless of what server I'm on.

Let it die baby !

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

This. Sadly Blizzard designs PvP for people who don't want to PvP.
    Exactly.

For all the people crying for Vanilla, this is the exact opposite of Vanilla. And no, i don't care to play an iteration of a game i played over 10 freakin' years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I can't really see this working as presented. Either PvP will be deemed worthless and everyone will turn it off, or the rewards will be so good that people will feel "forced" to turn it on. This feels more like a lever for them to ramp World PvP participation or shut it down and blame it on player choice.
    You could extend this 'I'm forced' argument to almost every aspect of the game though. This is not a game that provides risk or setback as part of its basic mechanics, so I don't see why their approach here is a problem.

And let's be honest. I've spent time on a few of the so-called 'best' pvp servers. Most of what I saw was people simply trying to avoid combat altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Yup. As it should be. No forced flagged lowbies getting killed by higher leveled players who feed their ego and can't hang in real PvP arean/RBGs =P
    That's not Wpvp and not what's in discussion. That's greifing, and Blizz never should've done away with the honor deduction for killing "grays".

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Born: 2004
    Died: 2018

LoL

all servers are now carebear
    RIP Ganking/Griefing/Begin Asshole to other people.

This is not RIP world PvP. Those who WANT to PvP can turn on PvP. Why would those who don't want PvP have to PvP?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandalhart View Post
    Good. I joined a pvp server in 2005. My playstype is a lot different now and I'm not paying for server transfers for my 12 characters.
    Pretty much the same boat. RP-PvP server since TBC (RP before that.) Glad I don't have to put up with PvP next expansion.

World PvP has been garbage for a very long time now. Depending on the incentives they're offering for doing stuff flagged, this is nothing but an improvement.

Lul, Wpvp died with flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You're getting really worked up for something you claim you have no desire for (rewards from WPvP).
    Your comprehension is bad. I could care less if there are rewards or not. The excitement of Wpvp is the reward. My point is that the rewards won't be enough for all the care bears in this thread to flag for PvP.

The only rewards people REALLY care about are the purples from raids and M+'s. And if this Xpac has some sort of AP type system, then MAYBE that too.

So like i said, once the first raid comes out no one will care about whatever blue quality rewards that WPvP may give.

Doesn't this mean that when you do toggle on pvp, you will only meet like-minded people who want to seek out world pvp action? So it's a win, right?
    Unless you mean world pvp as in "I'm gonna kill this low level player that cannot touch me at all". Because if so I will laugh at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew this change was going to cause some saltiness and tears lol

But yeah, I too think pvp should be something you wanna do, something optional.
    Ganking might still happen, given how people might choose to stay flagged all the time.
    And if not... Let's just say, people really don't flag themselves, and there's no other pvp other than arenas and bgs.
    Then you got to live with the realization how it's effectively unwanted by the community sans a fringe group.
    We will see what happens.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    RIP Ganking/Griefing/Begin Asshole to other people.

This is not RIP world PvP. Those who WANT to PvP can turn on PvP. Why would those who don't want PvP have to PvP?
    Those who WANT to PvP joined a PvP server so they could PvP. Those who didn't went somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    From what I understood it's not going to be a direct reward from engaging in PvP, but a bonus to experience and reputation if you have PvP turned on. As a collector, I'm going to feel compelled to turn it on to grind to exalted and farm those paragon chests faster (hypothetically speaking... please, no more paragon chests!), but if the general public doesn't think the bonus is worth it, because they don't realistically expect the reputation rewards for example, suddenly I will be more likely to get attacked than I would have been by playing on a PvP server normally. See where my reservation is coming from?
    If it is a bonus to something we already get, then I worry how many people will see it as "mandatory".
    If it is not increasing player power, then it will be deemed useless.

Those who WANT to PvP joined a PvP server so they could PvP. Those who didn't went somewhere else.
    Not even close to accurate.
    Friends, guilds, etc.

I am on a PvE realm, but have still seen some demands for "PvP guilds" or other interest in it.
    Hence why we still have battlegrounds on PvE realms, and still have raids and dungeons on PvP.

The choice of realm is not simply for PvP or PvE reasons.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-03 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Pretty much everyone will toggle it off and rewards probably wont change shit, I guess.

Your comprehension is bad. I could care less if there are rewards or not. The excitement of Wpvp is the reward. My point is that the rewards won't be enough for all the care bears in this thread to flag for PvP.

The only rewards people REALLY care about are the purples from raids and M+'s. And if this Xpac has some sort of AP type system, then MAYBE that too.

So like i said, once the first raid comes out no one will care about whatever blue quality rewards that WPvP may give.
    If people love world pvp as much as you and the next guy do then there is no reason for those people to not be flagged, I'm thinking peoples real issue is the fact that people under 120 will be unflagged, thus "world pvp is ded" because 1 shot autoattacking something X or XX levels below you is high level world pvp

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Doesn't this mean that when you do toggle on pvp, you will only meet like-minded people who want to seek out world pvp action? So it's a win, right?
    Unless you mean world pvp as in "I'm gonna kill this low level player that cannot touch me at all". Because if so I will laugh at you.
    Look at this thread. There won't be anyone out there flagged. Hence, WPvP is dead. Whatever last legs it was on, just got cut off.