Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect silvermoon and exodar will be patch content warfronts.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    All they have to do is power on their sunwell sheild and they could laugh behind it. I doubt the Alliance will perma lose Telledsdrial(however you spell it), or that the Forsaken will lose UC, but maybe I will be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Why is not the horde red going over it in announcement trailer? There is no resistance so they should have no problem claiming it.
    Because the cinematic makes a cut before it would. I think it is pretty easy to infer that it now is Horde territory.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Because the cinematic makes a cut before it would.
    How convenient dont you think? Oh and guess what, the same thing happened in Easter Kingdoms. Mindblown!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    All they have to do is power on their sunwell sheild and they could laugh behind it. I doubt the Alliance will perma lose Telledsdrial(however you spell it), or that the Forsaken will lose UC, but maybe I will be surprised.
    According to this article the Alliance will capture the Undercity. I'm not sure yet though if I should take what it says seriously. Better wait for some more official info on the matter.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/3/16...-new-expansion

Kinda make me think that it isn't the alliance responsible. It takes just one agent of the Old Gods to toss something bad in the Sunwell to fuck them up. And honestly the new split may be permanent. It makes a lot of sense from a leveling perspective.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    According to this article the Alliance will capture the Undercity. I'm not sure yet though if I should take what it says seriously. Better wait for some more official info on the matter.

It is already confirmed in the presentation that both control an entire continent. I think the ominous blue goes as far as even Undercity in the trailer.

Can Belves do just the same thing what Nightborne did with Nightwell and raise up big ass shield?

I never even thought about it until you mentioned it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    We don't even know if the Horde will lose UC, so we don't know if the Blood Elves will lose QT.
    If Teldrassil is burned then Darnassus is gone. It stands to reason the Horde would lose a city as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Can Belves do just the same thing what Nightborne did with Nightwell and raise up big ass shield?

I never even thought about it until you mentioned it now.
    They did in the war against the orcs.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the BElves will lift off the entire Quel'Thalas into a mega-Dalaran floating continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm sure the BElves will lift off the entire Quel'Thalas into a mega-Dalaran floating continent.
    And they will make the Alliance pay for it.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    It is already confirmed in the presentation that both control an entire continent. I think the ominous blue goes as far as even Undercity in the trailer.
    Yeah but Azuremyst Isle does not turn red, only Teldrassil.

On the EK side, the map is cut off before Quel'thalas is shown, makes sense if the Draenei keep their Island, the Blood elves will just choose to wall off Quel'thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    But we do know that Teldrassil is burned and the Alliance captures Lordaeron.

"First, as mentioned above, the Alliance has captured the Undercity, which was once the human capital of Lordaeron. The Undead leader and current warchief of the Horde, Sylvanas, is understandably displeased by this turn of events."

"But the Horde has made its own advances on enemy territory. The great tree of Teldrassil, home of the night elves, has been burned to the ground. These two moves have essentially solidified a direct split in the geography of Azeroth: the Eastern Kingdoms are now more or less entirely controlled by the Alliance, while the western continent of Kalimdor is entirely under the Horde’s sway"

Control doesn't mean that every single horde-zone in EK will suddenly become Alliance and vice versa. I doubt they'll be revamping all of the zones like in Cata, so what will probably happen is that, once you hit 110 and do the BoA scenario then control of those two zones will shift (but I'm sure you'll be able to go back and visit their pre-BoA versions through dragons).

Going forward in the story (and maybe in the gameplay at max-level), the other zones will be under siege/they might start to revamp some zones in future patches/expansions. But I doubt it will suddenly switch to the Horde having no bases in EK/Ally no bases in Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So you have no evidence?

Lol.
    > using sources not from WoW.

"The Horde captures Stormwind."
    - Kangodo.

You can quote me in other threads now
    An interview with one of the devs outright stating what is happening isn't good enough for you?

I mean, I know it's Blizzard and they change things all the time, but this is about you questioning the quality of the source.

Let me hop into my time machine, travel some months ahead and send you video footage of Alliance banners in the Undercity. Maybe then you'll be convinced.

It would be cool if some places are conquered DURING the patch cycles, an not just come patch day everything is different.

I don't think Quel'thalas gets taken, but you can't see it too clearly in the video so it's anyone's guess.

However, you can clearly see the Azuremyst Isles in it and they very clearly do not get covered in the spreading redness. Since Azuremyst and Quel'thalas are cross faction equivalents it's likely they'll both remain unconquered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't think Quel'thalas gets taken, but you can't see it too clearly in the video so it's anyone's guess.

However, you can clearly see the Azuremyst Isles in it and they very clearly do not get covered in the spreading redness. Since Azuremyst and Quel'thalas are cross faction equivalents it's likely they'll both remain unconquered.
    Incidentally the blood elves and draenei both have very strong stationary defenses, especially the draenei if they keep what they've recently gained. If they're both forced out of their lands with no consideration given to that it'd be shitty.

Deleted
    I don't think Quel'thalas and Azuremyst will be taken, at least not from the start. I really hope we can see an Alliance-taken "Overcity" and a Horde-taken Darnassus. Low-level characters can use the old version through phasing, that's what that technology is for.

So...will Blizzard rework these zones? Or will everything happen in questlines and with tons of phasing? They haven't said anything about a rework, so I am pretty sceptical.