Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    You can see which new race can play which class here https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

Just scroll down. Very disappointed that there will be no nightborne paladins. T___T
    Well that sucks. No druids for either elf race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Why exactly are new models for the sake of new models important? The races look cool regardless. And they fit story-wise.
    Pretty heavy push for the Horde to look good? They get new models and a suddenly Heroic Sylvanas.

I mean they're trying to make Sylvanas look not so undead...she almost looks like a Night Elf with that skin tone
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2017-11-03 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    I've stopped caring about the six we know. What about the things coming in the future? That's what is interesting.

Deleted
    I would love to play as a mecha gnome from Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I saw this cat/fox thing in the trailer for features and was hoping it would be playable.

You wanna know something else?

That NPC is a female. Blizzard RARELY makes females for NPC races unless its important.

Examples of this being:
    Arrakoa
    Ethereal
    Fel Orcs
    Broken
    Botani
    Infested Orcs
    Withered Orcs
    Ogres
    Fel Broken
    Jinyu
    Hozen
    Mogu(Twin Consorts are said to be the only existing individuals of said race that are female)
    Greater Arrakoa
    Zandalari Trolls
    Kobolds
    Gnolls
    Fel Guards
    Doom Guards
    Draenor Ogres
    Murlocs
    Oracles
    Furbolg
    Wolvar
    Lucky-doo people
    Poop-raisins(Lost One Broken)

So, why is the first example of a brand spanking new races introduced into the setting, female?

Hopefully that means that this race could be made into an allied race later on down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Hopefully that means that this race could be made into an allied race later on down the road.
    It's possible. The body is clearly using the same model as goblins, so all the armor and animations should easily be the same. Although I wonder about goblin animations fitting a fox-like race theme.

That NPC is a female. Blizzard RARELY makes females for NPC races unless its important.

Examples of this being:
    Arrakoa
    Ethereal
    Fel Orcs
    Broken
    Botani
    Infested Orcs
    Withered Orcs
    Ogres
    Fel Broken
    Jinyu
    Hozen
    Mogu(Twin Consorts are said to be the only existing individuals of said race that are female)
    Greater Arrakoa
    Zandalari Trolls
    Kobolds
    Gnolls
    Fel Guards
    Doom Guards
    Draenor Ogres
    Murlocs
    Oracles
    Furbolg
    Wolvar
    Lucky-doo people

So, why is the first example of a brand spanking new races introduced into the setting, female?

Seem like their models is based on goblin's. hmmm...
    Whatever...

It's possible. The body is clearly using the same model as goblins, so all the armor and animations should easily be the same. Although I wonder about goblin animations fitting a fox-like race theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Seem like their models is based on goblin's. hmmm...
    Personally since she's seen with pirates, my personal hope is that IF thwey were an allied race, they might be made like Pandaren and considered Neutral, lorewise as a "sword for hire" type race.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're fucking disappointing is what they are.

Mind you, I'm all for sub-races, and I'm glad they're implementing them. But if these
    "Allied Races" are the replacement for an entirely NEW race?

That's fucking weak bullshit is what it is. They look nice, sure, but they're still just
    re-skins of pre-existing races. They are NOT worth the replacement of an entirely
    new race. The fact that we didn't see one was extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

Mind you, I'm all for sub-races, and I'm glad they're implementing them. But if these

That's fucking weak bullshit is what it is. They look nice, sure, but they're still just
    re-skins of pre-existing races. They are NOT worth the replacement of an entirely
    Um...isn't that all a new race is? Just a different appearance for the same classes? o_O I mean...unless you were banking on an OP racial ability or something.....

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So did anyone notice the little fox-like humanoids in the trailer? Alongside a Human and a Vrykul.
    They are called "Vulpera", seems that we(Horde Players) gonna help them/befriend them while we are questing through Zandalari.
    I secretly hope they will eventuelly become a allied race, low chances, but one can hope.

We will able to change our current races to the new ones? if not, they will give us free slots to level up them? I'm full at my realm.
    Last edited by thirex; 2017-11-03 at 10:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

make your words mine

fucking disappointing, they better give better "allied races" before the expansion launch, cause this is damn obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    They are called "Vulpera", seems that we(Horde Players) gonna help them/befriend them while we are questing through Zandalari.
    I secretly hope they will eventuelly become a allied race, low chances, but one can hope.
    That would be freakin amazing if it was a hidden unlock similar to Artifact skins or Green Fire! DOOOO EEEEET blizzard! Make it happen!

I'm underwhelmed as well.
    I was expecting more variety, and the idea that we need to unlock them is very disappointing. I need to max out (level 120?) a character to earn the right to start a new character? Or will we be able to recruit them earlier, during the pre-expansion patch?

(Oh, seems like they'll be unlocked at level 110, not 120. That's way better)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-11-03 at 10:25 PM.
    Whatever...

Pretty shitty idea for blizzard to not let the new races play different classes from the elf/cow/troll counter parts.... The new races are just a skin. Would of loved for void elf shaman/druid or troll pally. What a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    lul what about shadow priest.
    They don't defy them... they embrace them... that's the whole point. This is stated pretty explicitly in legion if you play a shadow priest.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

They're basically sub-races. They do have their own racial traits. That's really the only real difference. Other than that could have been accomplished just with expanded character customization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.

Examples of this being:
    Arrakoa
    Ethereal
    Fel Orcs
    Broken
    Botani
    Infested Orcs
    Withered Orcs
    Ogres
    Fel Broken
    Jinyu
    Hozen
    Greater Arrakoa
    Zandalari Trolls
    Kobolds
    Gnolls
    Fel Guards
    Doom Guards
    Draenor Ogres
    Murlocs
    Oracles
    Furbolg
    Wolvar
    Lucky-doo people

Arroka, Murlocs and Furbolgs all have males and females they just don't use a different model because their races don't have extreme sexual dismorphism.

Also botani are plants, they have no gender really. They just look traditionally masculine.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Um...isn't that all a new race is? Just a different appearance for the same classes? o_O I mean...unless you were banking on an OP racial ability or something.....
    Nah, they have different animations, skins, everything. These Sub-Races were always meant to just be different skin choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    make your words mine

fucking disappointing, they better give better "allied races" before the expansion launch, cause this is damn obnoxious
    Exactly. An "Allied Race" in all honesty, could've been part of a content patch. They aren't "big" enough to merit
    being a feature like a new race would be.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm underwhelmed as well.
    Yeah.

Again, its not that I'm shitting on the idea of them, far from it. I'm glad we now have sub-race variety,
    but fuck man, I REALLY hoped for something new. Naga and/or Murloc would've been so damn cool.