7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    You mean the two books by different authors?
    derp I didn't pay attention. I know the cover reveal is supposed to happen today.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbsy View Post
    fucking same.

Also it's hilarious seeing all the butthurt folks. It's the best part of Blizzcon every year.
    Well not giving up my dream of having playable Ogres...
    Still saving my race change for when it happens.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also, not sure if we saw the vol3 cover yet: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg
    Yeah I think they confirmed she would be on the cover a while ago. I really do like the artwork there. Quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    Important question: is Sylvanas the one responsible for burning down the Teldrassil? Or, was it NOMI and the whole war is misunderstanding?!
    Well played

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    We didn't expect new shit. We expected tangible things. We got zones and concept art of a raid and a picture of Azshara. But yeah dude we are crazy
    Tangible things like the dance studio and aerial combat? Oh, what about the path of the titans? Seriously, you missed the point to act indignant. What new features did every other expansion add that warrant getting upset about this one, to the point that half this thread is calling it a filler expansion and the next WoD? What new features would they need to add for this to not suck in your eyes?

Is this going to be another raid or die expansion with nothing else to do? Are we going to sit in our garrisons all day because everything else is pointless? Do you even remember what made WoD unpopular or are you just repeating it sucked because everyone else does?

People are already saying this is a filler expansion because stuff isn't done, but the same was true of artifacts and Mythic+ before Legion too. Remember how we had a mockup with Frostmourne getting self-raise dead? Or how Affliction's artifact ability was a new dot that ticked faster and faster? Remember how late M+ was implemented in the beta?

So I ask again, what did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    M+, World Quests, Demon Hunters, Professions Revamp, basically every class got major changes with at least 3 specs being rebuilt ground-up.

So far Battle for Azeroth has: Sub-races. And the promise of really cool islands and one 20vAI RTS mode.
    How many of these are actual new gameplay systems though?

M+ I already mentioned as good

Class changes, professions, and world quests aren't new. They replace old content (and remaking specs isn't even content, and Legion professions really aren't either).

Demon Hunters are new, but not everyone plays them so it doesn't keep people playing

most of these things aren't really features that keep you playing. It's just reinventing the wheel to attract people with new shiny shit whoa it's different, then people leave because there's nothing to do if you aren't raiding or PvPing. M+ was a completely new gameplay type for the first time since vanilla.

Islands and warfronts might too, who knows (personally they both sound boring to me, I don't really care for procedurally generated content). But they're something different to DO, though. They build the foundation for things that can be reused in future expansions, to make the game better longterm (like M+), and it's not just reinventing the wheel like revamping classes

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    You are making assumptions. I actually love the theme of the expansion.

What I don't like is that we're not hearing anything about class changes, profession updates, new world gameplay design features and so on. It sounds to me like we're getting a few great changes with the level scaling and stat squish, but Ion himself said those aren't strictly expansion features but rather simply enhancements to the game. In terms of expansion features I'm pretty stuck at grinding Azerite on the Islands and fighting at the Warfronts.
    And doing World Quests that they won't delve into besides just "we'll learn from Legion."

If Argus is any indication about learning from Legion, World Quests will be the SAME as Legion. Which, while good, still left something to be desired.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

How dense are ye m8?

At Gamescom they only showed concept art for transitions and artifact trees. That is one convention. At Blizzcon I think they only used it for transitions. Literally everything that isn't a hold over from Legion is concept here. Everything. They have no excuse to string us along with this 77 day bullshit in Legion and STILL have nothing to show.
    Suramar was concept art only. (I forget if just the city or whole zone)

Also, honestly after this reveal I don’t think that’s a good measuring stick. They only had concept art for a BG releasing in ~2-3 months.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Nah, that's how Red Shirt guy got his time in the sun he threw them a weird question that nobody was prepared for.
    he is the exception. its not likely everyone is asking stupid questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    oh god, i hope that gets cut.
    I hope so as well, seems overly complicated and they don't seem to be knowing what they're doing with it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Subscriber numbers.

Yea I went there.
    Damn boy, that's some serious salt you're pouring here.

--

That's it for me concerning tonight, I'm going to bed! Still excited for Kul Tiras and Zandalar which look gorgeous, battle of Lordaeron which look awesome and for allied races -not you void elves- to become playable! About the rest, well I guess I will see in due time and remain optimistic about it.

Have a lovely night/day everybody!

7+ Year Old Account
    The Elves of Azeroth, I give up on Ogres.

Very Underwhelming so far, but i had felt that about legion's announcement. Gonna have to wait for more details in the coming months

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Suramar was concept art only. (I forget if just the city or whole zone)

Also, honestly after this reveal I don’t think that’s a good measuring stick. They only had concept art for a BG releasing in ~2-3 months.
    Actually. They said why they did for the BG. It was spoiler territory. They actually have that.

https://superiorrealities.files.word...oncept-art.jpg Remember this? Beautiful btw. Wish I could draw like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    Important question: is Sylvanas the one responsible for burning down the Teldrassil? Or, was it NOMI and the whole war is misunderstanding?!
    It hasn't been said. Someone in my guild thinks Azshara will be behind the two factions waring with eachother.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And doing World Quests that they won't delve into besides just "we'll learn from Legion."

If Argus is any indication about learning from Legion, World Quests will be the SAME as Legion. Which, while good, still left something to be desired.
    Fuck you get kicked off your mount, fight 10 mobs at once, die 7 times have this 850 gear you shitlord! Pay that sub fee.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah gonna say this, but all people that are complaining now will be hyped as f when this thing releases. WoW is in better hands now than it was around WoD, but I guess Internet is never satisfied and is entitled to the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Systems maybe, but all the zones look nearly done art wise. Could easily come out in 7 months.
    I remember that optimism, used to have it.

I have no reason to believe it, they outsource their art, so it's always done quickly anymore.

The new azerite system is still in concept.

The new warfronts are in concept.

The islands are in concept.

It's going to be august/september, I refuse to be optimistic and be let down, legion broke me. I was the most optimistic as ever, it literally broke my optimism on them getting xpacs quicker.

What I DO think they've done well and are continuing to is content as a good pace, we're not going to have a huge drought, 7.3.5 will be in a few months, then maybe another small one after. So even if it does come in august/september, were going to have a very short gap.

Actually. They said why they did for the BG. It was spoiler territory. They actually have that.
    My bad then. Missed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck you get kicked off your mount, fight 10 mobs at once, die 7 times have this 850 gear you shitlord! Pay that sub fee.
    I r tank, I don't get knocked off my mount, learn to be good.

10+ Year Old Account

Like Warcraft 4 sieges?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    The Elves of Azeroth, I give up on Ogres.

Very Underwhelming so far, but i had felt that about legion's announcement. Gonna have to wait for more details in the coming months
    i actually felt excited about legion announcement, but this one is just like wut? wut? hopefully we are nicely surprised