Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's very possible the horde are framed for the burning of teldrassil and then alliance attack UC in response. Probably going to see some deception play into the xpac. They didn't want to spoil the first raid end boss i think, and it's troll so maybe Hakkar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    He essentially approved of Genn and other Alliance members to go fuck up Sylvanas in Stormheim, though.
    He did the opposite! He specifically told them not to engage with Horde fleets unless it was a matter of defence.

Genn, in his pursuit of vengeance, went after the Horde anyway, costing the Alliance the best airship in their fleet which they COULD have been using to help get the pillars faster, or defend against invasion points, or any number of life-saving-damage-reducing options.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are missing the obvious: Jaina Proudmoore burned down the tree and/or sieged Lorderon(?) in an attempt to reignite a fued amongst the Horde and the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Isn’t Teldrassil a corrupt World Tree anyway. I doubt the druids care
    It's just a regular big ol' tree now. You cleanse it during the nelf starting zone. Turns out Xavius grafted a piece of himself onto the tree (it's a big ugly branch) and that is what was causing all the problems.

You chop off the evil branch, and the tree recovers.

It only makes sense as villain sticking and to fulfill the dev goal of a Horde Kalimdor and an Alliance Eastern Kingdoms, on top of giving the Alliance players something they've been craving since forever: retaking Lordaeron. In story? Doesn't seem logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Reading that the Horde burn down Teldrassil, that seems very, very out of character for the Horde. It seems like the druids on the Horde side would step in and say something.

My guess is that someone on the Horde side does this w/o meaning besides starting a war, similar to they reason the Horde retreated at the broken shore, it was not a faction driven dilemma, it was a matter of life or death.

I may even go to the extent that Jaina did it to make the Horde and Alliance start going to war again.

TL;DR I am die hard Alliance, and even to me burning down Teldrassil seems so out of character for the Horde.
    Out of character? Don't forget that the current Horde warchief has had no problem committing chemical attacks on various targets including a neutral closed off from everyone Gilneas.

Burning down a tree I would say is easily in Sylvanas' wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Nope, wrong. It was a secret mission that anduin did not know about. They literally say it's a secret mission because they don't want anduin knowing about it.

And I don't blame Genn for what he did. play the worgen introduction to understand why.
    they say anduin approved of force if necessary, they chose what was meant by necessary
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    He did the opposite! He specifically told them not to engage with Horde fleets unless it was a matter of defence.

Genn, in his pursuit of vengeance, went after the Horde anyway, costing the Alliance the best airship in their fleet which they COULD have been using to help get the pillars faster, or defend against invasion points, or any number of life-saving-damage-reducing options.
    Whoops, forgot to check the next quest. It did look a lot like Greymane acted out.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well, a couple of things suggest the opposite. For one, what is Saurfang doing in Undercity? He's not just going to be hanging out there, so if the Alliance blitzed it without warning, where did he come from? Secondly, this was said to be the Broken Shore experience for the expansion, which would suggest that it happens in closer proximity to leveling, so what is the Horde going to tell its player-character champions, "go recruit some seafaring Trolls to shuttle us to the Eastern Kingdoms, BTW while you're out we're gonna attack the Night Elf capital without you, kek"
    I see where you're coming from, but the alliance doesn't necessarily blitz in out of nowhere, they could be advancing further and futher in day by day, give the horde some time to make their way as the forsaken slows down the alliance, hence why they are all cornered as part of their strategy in the cinematic? Idk, just a thought.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what becomes of Quel'thalas and Azuremyst Isle? And will this reshuffle mean they'll finally be properly folded into the mainland of the continents so that we can traverse between zones without having to deal with a TBC loading screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I don't think Genn can manipulate anduin into starting a war. on the other hand, Sylvanus is one cunty bitch.
    So the Gilneans have been hanging out near Teldrasil and in SW basically as refugees. The only way to get rid of said Refugees is to give them land. Genn obviously wants his home back. The Arathi obviously want THEIR home back. The human race in general, probably wants to be rid of the Undead entirely.

Gilneas is completely cut off with the Horde maintaining most of Northern Lordaeron and their Wall being demolished. I'd argue that taking Undercity is their warpath to retaking Gilneas.

What, you think that just because we held hands uncomfortably to fight the bad guy people are just ready to give up their continent to effectively rot?

I hope Sylvanas wasnt the one to strike first. Judging by the intro cinematic and her monologue suggests she did not. But to think that Anduin and his closest Advisor Genn, wouldnt push north into Lordaeron to retake Gilneas without provocation is just not true. Even if they take Gilneas first, it still makes sense tactically to take Lordaeron and the Northern Kingdoms.

Its just bad writing all around.

It's like the people who meme 'it's WARcraft, not PEACEcraft' all wrote a bunch of shitty fanfiction then had a circle jerk over it

The Allied Races? The ones who are literally just joining the Factions? They're cool with going to war for people they just met to settle grievances they have no stake in? That makes zero sense.

The Nightborne and the High Mountain have had Alliance help. The Dark Iron and the Lightforged have had Horde help.

Why is everyone on Azeroth such an asshole?

Horde Lieutenant: Welcome Nightborne recruit, I need you to stab RandomHuman#0834 in the face.

Nightborne: That human helped cure my people of an addiction that was killing them and freed them from the yolk of demonic oppression.

Horde Lieutenant: But what has she done for you LATELY?
    Last edited by bryroo; 2017-11-04 at 12:45 AM.

My thoughts: Genn convinces Anduin to attack the Horde at Lordaeron while Sylvanas is at Orgrimmar. She can't get back in time, so she sends warriors to Teldrassil to draw attention while moving to the front at Gilneas to try and get her home back. While the cinematic/preevent occur, something goes wrong at Teldrassil and it burns down. Everybody's sure the horde did it, but the warriors Sylvanas sent swear it was the Naga, they just have no way of proving it. Fueled by the loss of their home, the night elves help secure Lordaeron and Gilneas, taking the upper portion of the former and giving the "Under City" to the void elves. Driven back to Kalimdor, Sylvanas and her Forsaken take refuge beneath Orgrimmar until they can repurpose the area left by the Night Elves for themselves, building a new Forsaken home from the Ashes of the great tree.

Of course, the blood elves and draenei still have their homes as guarded outposts on those continents, becoming the primary locations to where players go who want to travel to the other continent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    They literally said it is unknown who did what first.
    I don't remember them saying that, but I would most likely take that as a ''wait for the expansion to find out" kind of answer. People just don't do random stuff for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    My thoughts: Genn convinces Anduin to attack the Horde at Lordaeron while Sylvanas is at Orgrimmar. She can't get back in time, so she sends warriors to Teldrassil to draw attention while moving to the front at Gilneas to try and get her home back. While the cinematic/preevent occur, something goes wrong at Teldrassil and it burns down. Everybody's sure the horde did it, but the warriors Sylvanas sent swear it was the Naga, they just have no way of proving it. Fueled by the loss of their home, the night elves help secure Lordaeron and Gilneas, taking the upper portion of the former and giving the "Under City" to the void elves. Driven back to Kalimdor, Sylvanas and her Forsaken take refuge beneath Orgrimmar until they can repurpose the area left by the Night Elves for themselves, building a new Forsaken home from the Ashes of the great tree.

Of course, the blood elves and draenei still have their homes as guarded outposts on those continents, becoming the primary locations to where players go who want to travel to the other continent.
    Have you even seen the book spoiler? She has literally gotten home, the city is planning an end of war celebration and she tells her general to not disband the army because she wants to attack stormwind for literally no reason. (The valk'yr is hardly a reason, she tried to enslave someone and the only repercussion she got was the guy who's son she murdered decided to stop her.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    last time i checked I WAS THE FUCKING HIGHLORD
    Thank you for this.. I laughed so hard, soda came out my nose.
    You come get the voodoo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Our characters are just grunts in the Horde, nowhere is it stated we have to agree with what our leaders decide.
    HAHAHAHAHAH our characters were NOT even grunts BEFORE legion during WoD we were commanders of our respective sides (horde/alliance) and during Legion we all became leaders for one of the class order halls. While you can argue that each class leader/tittle don't hold the same merit I am VERY sure class leaders such as paladins becoming the HIGHLORD a tittle last held by Tirion Fordring most certainly makes you NOT a grunt in any shape or fucking form in fact it make you even in a military sense a top dog.

Please if you havent played or even read up on the game for a few years dont comment on it as if it was a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Have you even seen the book spoiler? She has literally gotten home, the city is planning an end of war celebration and she tells her general to not disband the army because she wants to attack stormwind for literally no reason. (The valk'yr is hardly a reason, she tried to enslave someone and the only repercussion she got was the guy who's son she murdered decided to stop her.
    I did, but that was also the prelude to the book that occurs prior to the cinematic. Just because it's something she's aiming for doesn't mean she'll get it, and I never opposed that thought. She may very well attack Stormwind. That could be what Genn uses to convince Anduin to go after Under City.

TLDR what I suggested does not exclude the possibility of her attacking Stormwind at any point before/after the cinematic.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILERS:

---------------

Sylvannas uses a shard of Sargeras's sword to burn down the nelf city like a weapon. The siege on Lordaeron is a retaliation to this act.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    He essentially approved of Genn and other Alliance members to go fuck up Sylvanas in Stormheim, though.
    He simply stated that they were allowed to attack Sylvanas if necessary. Instead of focusing on their original goal -- to get the Titan artifact -- they went out of their way to attack Sylvanas. So no, Anduin isn't responsible for that.