Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is this the Runescape fourm in 2013? Shit man.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    The old fashioned way, eh? How am I supposed to do that without thottbot?
    You don't, just like when thottbot was down. You stuck? You fuckin' grind mobs for experience. That's classic for you. Love it.

How about draenei and Belves in vanilla? We already know they exist anyways. Combine the two best wow games, vanilla and TBC.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    You don't, just like when thottbot was down. You stuck? You fuckin' grind mobs for experience. That's classic for you. Love it.
    Oh I have no quarrel with that at all. I was more so referring to people who literally were unable to function in the game at that time without that website. Those poor fools.

How long until this tiny community gets bored ..........

tiny... sure... we ll see...

or a more updated one if you want

The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    they can always chose to play the "better" version of the game and raid as retard master hunter... no one will force them to play vanilla..
    Then why have vanilla in the first place if all you do is direct people away from it when they try it and take issue with it?

Not really.

I just want the ability to go back and replay it as it was, just like I'm able to go and dust off my snes and pop in an older title. I think having vanilla accessible in its original (but most stable, aka bug free) state is pretty important, even if only to serve as a historical archive that we can revisit. We rewatch movies and reread books we've seen or read before all the time, despite fully knowing the outcome, it's mistakes and that plot-wise nothing changes. I don't see why games should be any different.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that WoW and MMO's are, in a general sense, just another form of media. Because of their evolving nature, we never really thought of 'preserving' iterations. These iterations play completely differently, give a completely different experience and have different value to people. As of now, there's no legitimate means of revisiting these titles.

To me, it's like being told I cant watch LotR: Fellowship anymore because LotR: Towers came out and is obviously superior. Or I cant watch the original Robocop because the reboot has better effects. They are totally different experiences.

TL;DR: If I want to play/watch an original version of something don't want to play/watch a reboot or sequel. Maybe fix the aspect ratio to support widescreens, and fix colors, but that's it imo.

tiny... sure... we ll see...
    That's smaller than the threads that I'm reading. Much, much smaller.

Ok time to ask for thottbot ,wow-allakhazam and CTprofiles to come back :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    It is coming, do not worry.
    Then it are no classic realms.

Then why have vanilla in the first place if all you do is direct people away from it when they try it and take issue with it?
    my comment was sarcastic. Because vanilla wasnt supposed to be balanced.. the classes were unique and had a niche role, you cant have it all... its an RPG. If they prefer homogenized classes who play identical, then sadly vanilla is not for them.

- - - Updated - - -

That's smaller than the threads that I'm reading. Much, much smaller.
    which threads you read? this is the official wow reddit, which is the best representative.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

No really. How long until this tiny community gets bored and wants different patches of the same legacy server? Wants features from current live? Wants old warts popped and smoothed like gold farming issues, crashes, exploits, and the many issues of the old game? What about other expansions? TBC, WotLK? If legacy doesn't make money, or even increases debt just by financing it? What should they do if expanding legacy services is desired by it already isn't viable?
    That is now. It's already happening. They're already arguing about what goes and what stays.

No, you have been begging and crying like children for years to get it back. Now you will get it back the way it was and realize it wasn't all that.

which threads you read? this is the official wow reddit, which is the best representative.
    I already mentioned them, linked them, then got infracted for it because you're not allowed to post them here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    That is now. It's already happening. They're already arguing about what goes and what stays.
    I know, I'm watching a few of them. That and some pro-vanilla people I know are chatting about in voice and linking various threads about it.

I already mentioned them, linked them, then got infracted for it because you're not allowed to post them here.
    why infracted? was it from private servers? I am just posting the popularity of each thread and classic server seriously skyrocketed... this is not a tiny community.. and just be patient until Blizzard open up the servers :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/

you seem wise enough to avoid it and play the "better" version... so dont worry about the "fools" who will have that "bad" experience...
    I wish I didn't have to, but dev time is being put into that so it directly affects me regardless of how little I care about it. Not surprising someone who wants a classic server has little to no foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    No, you have been begging and crying like children for years to get it back. Now you will get it back the way it was and realize it wasn't all that.
    my forum radar sense an angry and sad post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Doesn't sound like vanilla to me. Back to the drawing board with you.
    two years ago it was 'no vanilla' and now it's 'yes vanilla' so anything can change. two years from now it could be 'vanilla but different'. neither of us know what will happen.

and by the way if you've read the article on pcgamer you'll know that it's already changed from being vanilla using original server technology to vanilla using today's server technology, with all the old bugs and exploits removed. so that's already different enough to warrant that response.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2017-11-04 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are very few quality of life stuff that I actually would like to see in Vanilla.

- A toggle option for autoloot instead of being forced to hold down a key
    - Being able to seperately change the volume of the voices and only the voices, not all sounds

Then there are some things where I am not sure when it was added, if it was in a later Vanilla patch or another expansion.

- Being able to fly more than 1 flight path at a time

Those are some examples I would actually like. I am pretty sure I won't hardcore play there, but maybe play a bit here and there, mainly becuase I barely was able to see the raids proper or do stuff like the T 0.5 questline.

I wouldn't mind personally. For me at least the main things I want from Classic WoW is difficulty and danger while leveling, the sense of being an unskilled adventurer/explorer at start, the old zones and less acessibility, and generally the slower paced gameplay.

I would defenitely be cool with changes that don't impact the gameplay all that much. Social changes, for instance. I wouldn't mind the existance of achievment points, maybe even a group finder (not automatic with teleport, just the UI to create groups to avoid chat spamming), some UI improvements and stuff like that, maybe better addon support.

Many stuff I would be flexible about or just not care, as long as I had those core features I mentioned above.

But to be honest as far as visuals go, the simpler and less pixar/disney-like graphics are part of the charm. Wouldn't stop me from playing, but I'd rather play with the original graphics.

As far as rebalancing, I honestly don't care too much, and personally I think they should probably rebalance some things if they want it to be as sucessful as it can. For me, as long as the abilities are the same and the leveling experience is similar (start rather underpowered and without many abilities, enemies are dangerous especially in high numbers, it's fairly easy to die if you screw up or get too distracted, etc) I really don't care too much.

No really. How long until this tiny community gets bored and wants
    You're just describing the current community, really. It's just a reality of any game with such an insanely large playerbase: different people have different tastes and will play for different reasons and will want the game to progress in different ways and focus on different things depending on their taste.

For literally anything you can imagine added to the game there will be people who love it, people who hate it, people who couldn't care less, and literally everyone would like at least a tiny thing to be slightly different if they could. That's just how it goes.

It's going to happen, which means Blizzard believes they can profit from it. That's all.
    The "anti-legacy" can be as salty as they want towards the "pro-legacy" crowd, it doesn't change the fact that it will happen one way or another.