Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    they have yellow eyes!!! thats a huuuuuuuuge difference!
    Yellow eyes, ashen skin tones, and more angular horns. Oh, and glowy yellow runic tattoos on their bodies. BIG DIFFERENCES MAN!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    Lolol the lightforged racials are completely useless!! See the racials are already favouring Horde. This is going to be so fun for alliance players.
    LOL. Highmountain Warrior double-charge ftw.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah ugly but powerful racials, that must be why Horde are 80% blood elves right?
    They're about to be 40% Blood Elf, 40% Nightborne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

How. How for the love of all what's evil how the heck are they going to justify VOID elves and LIGHTFORGED draenei signing up for the same side of battle. I would really join new xpac hype but those "new races" just plain suck. Dwarves and tauren could be just done as more customization options. Nightborne are defensible, same with Zandalari trolls. But jeez that blood elves recolour and draenei recolour which are both an antithesis of the other ON THE SAME SIDE. Like really? That just sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    Void elves are reskinned blood elfs
    Dark iron are reskinned dwarfs
    Lightforged are reskinned draenei

Nightborne - new playable model
    High mountain are reskinned tauren
    Zandalari - new playable model

That's two new playable models for horde and none for alliance. That's an outrage. How is that even fair?
    Actually, the Nightborne are reskinned Night Elves and the Zandalari are a reskinned male Blood Elf and female Troll. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    How. How for the love of all what's evil how the heck are they going to justify VOID elves and LIGHTFORGED draenei signing up for the same side of battle. I would really join new xpac hype but those "new races" just plain suck.
    The same way Trolls and Blood Elves were justified into both being Horde. Because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Am I the only one who cannot take the Void Elves seriously? Not only they look like some edgy vampire wannabes, the dark naaru wings are just ridiculous.

Also, why does the Void Elf on https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth look like it has hooves instead of normal legs? The preview on the mmo-champions main page shows normal legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemion Demento View Post
    Actually, the Nightborne are reskinned Night Elves and the Zandalari are a reskinned male Blood Elf and female Troll. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

The same way Trolls and Blood Elves were justified into both being Horde. Because reasons.
    Blood elves were kind of pushed to join the Horde and they haven't really had any specific encounters with Darkspear Trolls - because these are the ones that were in Thrall''s Horde.

Whereas VOID and LIGHT are quite opposed powers. The new audio drama quite clearly stated that Light isn't accepting VOID at the slightest.
    S.H.

My main beef with the new races is they didn't take advantage of new class combos, like elf shaman or troll pally ect ect. I found that to be the lamest thing about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Blood elves were kind of pushed to join the Horde and they haven't really had any specific encounters with Darkspear Trolls - because these are the ones that were in Thrall''s Horde.

Whereas VOID and LIGHT are quite opposed powers. The new audio drama quite clearly stated that Light isn't accepting VOID at the slightest.
    Yet Alleria and Turalyon are still together? Also, Void elves joining Alliance doesn't mean that Alliance is suddenly pro-void, just as Blood Elves joining the Horde didn't mean that the Horde is suddenly pro-fel. They may just band together against their common enemy.

Deleted
    Lightforged draenei - i dont get this... whats the extra in them? the yellow eyes? the new racials? im all quiestion marks why blizz thought, LF draenei is interesting

Dark Iron dwarves - well they are cool mostly. probably wont play a dark iron dwarf myself, but i dont mind them.

Void elfs - void what? Oo.. well alli got they blood elf models at least, if that was the intent, in exchange to give horde night elves. oh, i mean, Nightborne...
    they will be a new sight on alliance side, so theyre intersting to the eye. i hope those purple wings are only the shoulders and not the void elves themselves

Nightborne - well, good job, you've just made the "horde" 87,5% elfs....
    not to mention that Nightborne are (and should be) totally neutral toward both factions
    (the same stand for LF draenei and Highmountain Tauren too)

HighMountain tauren - well they are cute, but nothing special, antlers. great. and you cant change at the barbershop, you must lvl up a new character. hahaha

Zandalari trolls - looks like some folks found their spine finally! i welcome them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Void Elves need void eyes, if you take their armor off they look just like DK elves.

They really need to give them those void eyes.

Also, it would be really cool to have zandalari that turn into dinosaurs!
    They have that shadow aura in the back, i think the Wings are going to be something permanent, or something like that

Hmmm... the lightforged racials are kinda dinky.... was hoping for something a little better. I’ll probably stick with classic Draenei. Shame, cos those runes, horns, and facial hair is pretty awesome. If the armor can be transmogged for any race, I’ll level one up tho. The armour is rad.

Highmountain Tauren racials look pretty sick, and their new shaman totems are rad. Might race change my shaman to one. Also happy they can’t be Paladins... mitigates the Lore breaking a bit.

Curious to see the Void Elf and Zandalari racials

Yeah ugly but powerful racials, that must be why Horde are 80% blood elves right?
    Yeah, why be ugly with good racial when you can be sexy with good racial? Check mythic+ invitational footage = most non shaman not druid is blood elf for extra aoe interrupt. And it gives you class resource too. These people played on tournament realms with newly made characters for tournament purposes, not copy of their retail characters, they could pick any race for racial advantage, went with belfs.

not trying to complain but lightforged draenei are incredibly low effort, so they have tattoo's that you'll never see because of armor and a few different hairstyles but the main difference from regular draenei is they have yellow eyes.

i just want to know....how is chugging on fel to survive bad...but sucking on void for power ok? High elf morals....pfft. It actually reminds me why i dislike night elfs accepting the Shen'dralar but Tyrande looking down her nose at the Nightborne.
    Last edited by Poppets; 2017-11-04 at 02:27 AM.

"Racials:
    Rugged Tenacity - Reduces damage taken by 330"

Dunno how much that is after the stat squish,but that's an incredible racial for tanks,reducing damage by a fixed amount can be very strong in certain situations

Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post
    no High Elf for alliance, you know archers from warcraft 2, still around in lore and areas of the game where they are allies of the alliance.

did blizzard just forget about them
    Yeah some of these choices really don't make sense. And I'm curious about races like Worgen and Pandaren, what do they get?

While I'd like more customization, this isn't really what I meant. Body slider, more hairstyles, tattoos etc. would have been cool. I don't really have any interest in these, but I guess cool for those who want it.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I'm sad Highmountain Taurens can't be Priests... so much of my plan of race changing my main.

As a side note, does anyone know if ANY race can use heritage Armour as transmogs? Or is it locked to the Allied race of origin?

This reveal was honestly so disappointing...

Easily the only part of the expansion that is actually really exciting. I would like to see more as some of these initial ones are meh but I'm always happy with more options. Zandalari is easily the most exciting for me, my Shaman is a Troll and I've always liked the troll themes Shaman sets but I always hated the Hunch. Can't wait to get a chance to see them in armor and such.

I'm confused why the Nightborne would join the horde. Both factions helped to free them from the Legion and save their city, why would they even take sides?