10+ Year Old Account

CodeCraft – Under the Hood with Blizzard Engineering, Part 1

CodeCraft – Under the Hood with Blizzard Engineering, Part 1

Mythic Plus Systems
    • Record a watermark of mythic + level when determining keystone level
    • Design team determines what combinations of keystone affixes are possible
    • Dungeon reads keystone when it's placed and allows design team to modify dungeon based on what the key turns on.
    • Design team also is responsible for implementing the chest and rewards at end of keystone dungeon

Overwatch Patch Days
    • Patch cycle starts days to weeks before patch.
    • Red and blue deployment cycle for patches. Testing happens on one cycle to prepare for launch day

Technology Challenges
    • Team had to deal with the growing pains of being a multiple platform system
    • Integrating all games through one platform helps immensely

Learning from Warcraft Patch Days
    • Try to avoid surprises and downtime

im trying to watch this panel's VOD but can't find it in the website (i have the virtual ticket).
    what gives???

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    im trying to watch this panel's VOD but can't find it in the website (i have the virtual ticket).
    what gives???
    There will be a delay while they insert localized subtitles and closed captioning on the VoD.

It'll get there. Just not right away.

Blizzard given up WoW, based on what and how they presented as their new content.

Was that one guy that talked most the time young as hell or was it just me? Good for him! LIke he said hired through his cover page (and credentials of course) but he got right in there at a young age without the required years of xp.

Shows that blizzard is not only good at making games, but know who can help MAKE games.