Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

3rd most popular thread of ALL REDIT..someone said something about "tiny community" haha. its coming boys and girls and is gonna be big... haters are gonna have really bad time...

edit: oh and in case you think tha Battle of Azeroth is anywhere in there... https://www.reddit.com/r/all/

scroll down all you want, you ll not find it there lol

thats it, going for sleep. keep it up guys.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    The sad thing is you know people aren't going to approach it in that manner, though. People care too much about instant gratification. That is one of the major reasons some people want these servers to be "remastered"
    I hope not. I love the idea of experiencing it as it was. I can only hope they'll release the other expansions as well, eventually. At least some of them, anyhow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post

3rd most popular thread of ALL REDIT..someone said something about "tiny community" haha. its coming boys and girls and is gonna be big... haters are gonna have really bad time...

edit: oh and in case you think tha Battle of Azeroth is anywhere in there... https://www.reddit.com/r/all/

Sweet

https://i.imgur.com/Ndx8sAw.png

42k is pretty small in consideration of how many people play wow. Don't let facts get in your way though.

Deleted
    I mean, y'all who think the new devs will just update this Classic server in a similar style of modern WoW are naive. The OSRS team have taken Oldschool RuneScape in a completely DIFFERENT direction. So why can't this new dev team do that with Classic WoW?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    transmog is bad. suddenly everyone in the game is a super hero. the game is better when you can tell who is shit and who isnt. when everything is shiny nothing is. it feels better to start off as a peasant and work your way towards a king
    i still look like a king in my dreadnaught, so speak for urself
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    I mean, y'all who think the new devs will just update this Classic server in a similar style of modern WoW are naive. The OSRS team have taken Oldschool RuneScape in a completely DIFFERENT direction. So why can't this new dev team do that with Classic WoW?
    I doubt it will be updated ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I doubt it will be updated ever.
    Then I hope y'all enjoy dead servers within a year or two when the majority get bored and move on

What would be the point? If they want to introduce new things to WoW why not do it in the normal version of the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What would be the point? If they want to introduce new things to WoW why not do it in the normal version of the game?
    Because a game gets stale if left untouched for so long?

Because a game gets stale if left untouched for so long?
    Sounds like a reason to not do vanilla at all. Now we're talking!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sounds like a reason to not do vanilla at all. Now we're talking!
    Hit me up in 2 years after the release and let me know what the population is like!

Hit me up in 2 years after the release and let me know what the population is like!
    Let's make that a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    LFG existed all the way back in BC, just not the automated group finder BS that got added in wrath. I actually would not mind the BC one.
    Eh, what version? Because BC was spamming trade chat for missing people. There was no menus or automation in BC.

Wrath had the "Premade" finder in it's original version then later added automatic grouping towards ICC era if I remember right.

which threads you read? this is the official wow reddit, which is the best representative.
    Actually, no online forum of discussion is going to be the best representative. I'd imagine only about 10% of the entire WoW userbase actually goes on and reads/votes/etc these things. What you are seeing is a skewed representation because the ones voting and commenting are going to be the ones definitely wanting them and such.

my comment was sarcastic. Because vanilla wasnt supposed to be balanced.. the classes were unique and had a niche role, you cant have it all... its an RPG. If they prefer homogenized classes who play identical, then sadly vanilla is not for them.

- - - Updated - - -

which threads you read? this is the official wow reddit, which is the best representative.
    even if the wow pop has dwindled to 1 million, 44k. Which is <5% of the playerbase and that's IF it's only around 1 mil.

Keeping it old school would be best imo.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This defeats the purpose of Classic WoW. No, if it's going to be authentic then it needs to be exactly as it before Burning Crusade.

No, there shouldn't be any post-vanilla QoL (most of which sucked anyhow). Otherwise, what would be the point?

Who woulda thunk - people didn't want classic classic, they kinda just wanted classic but not really classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Actually, no online forum of discussion is going to be the best representative. I'd imagine only about 10% of the entire WoW userbase actually goes on and reads/votes/etc these things. What you are seeing is a skewed representation because the ones voting and commenting are going to be the ones definitely wanting them and such.
    But its a sample of the playerbase, thats how statistics work... of course is not 100% of playerbase. But it does show a great demand.

And i would argue that people who used to play wow in the past and stopped playing years now are more likely to not use wow reddit and post there, but they are potential classic server customers once they learn about it
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.