Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love how classic servers have just completely overtaken any possible hype for a new expac (which is, let's be honest, pretty lackluster so far)

so uhhhh is it realy going to be classic classic or a pimped up version of classic cuz i like how graphics developed over time
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I played vanilla and I think this is a waste of time and resources. What is your point?
    Meet Buzzkillington here.

I cannot fathom why you would see a thread of people hyped about a game they love being officially announced and decide to try and piss on their bonfires. I mean I don't like Diablo, but I avoid the Diablo forum rather than finding announcement threads and telling everybody it's shit and a waste of time.

Each to their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post

I cannot fathom why you would see a thread of people hyped about a game they love being officially announced and decide to try and piss on their bonfires. I mean I don't like Diablo, but I avoid the Diablo forum rather than finding announcement threads and telling everybody it's shit and a waste of time.

Meet Crybabington here.

"Dissenting opinion's are bad"

Because it wastes time and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    so uhhhh is it realy going to be classic classic or a pimped up version of classic cuz i like how graphics developed over time
    That is the one thing im am torn about, the mechanics/code of the game cannot change otherwise its not really classic. Graphics on the other hand looked pretty terrible in spots, i think doing a touch up to the original id be cool with. No new race models tho, that'd be going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That is the one thing im am torn about, the mechanics/code of the game cannot change otherwise its not really classic. Graphics on the other hand looked pretty terrible in spots, i think doing a touch up to the original id be cool with. No new race models tho, that'd be going too far.
    "I want vanilla, but not like everything, that game looked like crap"

Whats next?

"I want vanilla, but transmog is nice"
    "I want vanilla, but I hate grinding levels"

Towelliee said that he's been told that it won't be the 100% Vanilla experience, and that people expecting that are in for a rude awakening...

I suppose this means that there'll be Battle.net connection, Account-wide features, updated models or such things...

"I want vanilla, but not like everything, that game looked like crap"
    No i want literally everything from vanilla to be the same, im simply talking about adding some more pixels to a world that was designed around hardware that is slower than a cell phone today lol. I even went as far as saying new race models would be too much of a change.

To be quite honest though, this is what Live players have been getting from the Legacy crowd for years now...
    It's nice to know that sooner rather than later, the whole "us vs them"-crap can die down as the Classic servers become a part of what we have as WoW-players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Towelliee said that he's been told that it won't be the 100% Vanilla experience, and that people expecting that are in for a rude awakening...

I suppose this means that there'll be Battle.net connection, Account-wide features, updated models or such things...
    Well what does that mean tho? Obviously bnet is going to be there and all those kinds of things that would be needed for a proper blizz experience, but they arent going to change things like crit% values, talent trees, loot drops....you know the important stuff.

Well what does that mean tho? Obviously bnet is going to be there and all those kinds of things that would be needed for a proper blizz experience, but they arent going to change things like crit% values, talent trees, loot drops....you know the important stuff.
    We'll have to see, I somehow don't believe that they'll allow for entire specs and even classes to be so sub-par that they're not worth taking, or for 1 tank spec to be able to AFK-tank raid bosses using a macro... <.<

We'll have to see, I somehow don't believe that they'll allow for entire specs and even classes to be so sub-par that they're not worth taking, or for 1 tank spec to be able to AFK-tank raid bosses using a macro... <.<
    But they have to leave those as is, that wouldnt be a classic experience. Its not like some specs were unusable, just not as optimal as others.....that is true to this day. I personally loved stupid stuff like stacking spell power as a hunter to increase mend pet, or kiting bosses to stormwind, or summoning an infernal in goldshire to wipe out lowbies lol.

If they change that kind of stuff they really dont get the point.

Citation needed, I could literally reply to 95% of your posts with that same thing and it would be accurate.

How do you know they won't change those things?

Citation needed, I could literally reply to 95% of your posts with that same thing and it would be accurate.

How do you know they won't change those things?
    Cmon dude use your head, they cant go around swapping talents or changing core game mechanics like armor/crit/dodge/parry/resist/block etc, those things are part of the reason vanilla was as good as it was. Talent trees the same thing, you simply cannot go fudging with that stuff.

Example:
    person x loved to play a moonkin/resto druid in vanilla and wanted to relive that experience with classic servers, blizz cant deny that guy that opportunity. The game needs to be exactly like it was back in the day for this to work, how do you not understand this?

Deleted

They did say they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/
    "Brack is clear that using modern server architecture doesn’t mean that these Classic servers will have the same features that current World of Warcraft does. There won’t be cross-realm servers or Looking For Raid and Dungeon Finder automatic party matchmaking. There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience."
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-04 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Really cool.

The real winners are of course the people who haven't played vanilla. they essentially get a brand new game.

Problems I see arising:

- Where did all of these new resources come from? Is it really likely that they pulled resources from OW and HS and gave them to WoW? No.. its much more likely that they told the expansion team to cut down a bit and work on vanilla instead. This could mean WoD 2.0.

- What happens when we kill Kel'thuzad? Like it or not, players are just on average, much, much better now. We also know all the strats already. Even if it was as hard as vanilla - vanilla raids were still beaten within a few weeks of raid launch, excluding ones available on game launch and the bugged c'thun. What happens when players have no new content? Do they reset the servers? This approach worked for Diablo 3, but as seen from Diablo 3 in 2017, it only worked for a short while. Vanilla will die around 6-12 months after Kel'thuzad starts dying.

I played vanilla. Sure some people who never did will try legacy/classic servers, probably a lot of them, but then in a few hours they'll run screaming in the other direction.

Legacy/classic is Blizzard cashing in on the whining, jelly old people who play private.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I played vanilla. Sure some people who never did will try legacy/classic servers, probably a lot of them, but then in a few hours they'll run screaming in the other direction.

Legacy/classic is Blizzard cashing in on the whining, jelly old people who play private.
    No, the amount of people who play on private servers PALES in comparison to how many they can drag back in with emotional marketing. Nearly every gamer i know has played and quit wow at some point in their lives, either they want to relive the glory days or started in tbc/wrath etc and never got to experience vanilla. This is going to be absolutely massive, especially with marketing that targets emotions.

Are you new to the concept of trolls? Don't let them bring you down. Not after today's fantastic news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Preferably from 1.0, otherwise it wouldn't really be the real vanilla experience.
    You want horribly broken classes with terrible talents and awful spells again?

1.0 was fucking horrendous, even by vanilla standards

- - - Updated - - -

Meet Crybabington here.

"Dissenting opinion's are bad"

Because it wastes time and resources.
    There's a difference between "dissenting opinions" and just outright telling people they are wrong and stupid for liking something you don't like.

Thanks for putting up a huge red flag to add you to my ignore list, though.

See they could always offer client modifications free of charge, and it would only alter YOUR game, no one elses (think of WoD models on a 3.3.5 client, similar installation process etc)