Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine how cool it would be if the night elves took over the ruins of the Undercity after the battle. They could drain the sludge and fill the canals with glittering moonwell water, open up the rooftop to the stars, and return life to Tirisfal Glades. It would give Blizzard a reason to update the textures and smooth out the blocky 2004 graphics of the city, while giving it a fresh new face (but of course, keeping it familiar to long time players).

There is a lot of potential to remake some zones with all this movement of races. I mean the night elves could move to Silvermoon instead and remodel the city. The blood elves or undead could move into the ruins of Darnassus. It would be a very interesting project for the artists to mix the styles of two different races architecturally. It's an interesting concept if you ask me

I got a question about Teldrassil...

You know, for a side that wants to make Azaroth its adopted home, isn't burning down one of the world trees - like - not the thing to do?

I hope they are destroyed. As much as I love the cities it’s about time something changed. A lot of the world was changed with cats and new zones being introduced with expansions but the cities have been pretty static since vanilla. Sure there have been some minor changes but everything has been too static and constant (with the exception of Org) it’s about time things changed.

If they are destroyed I’m hoping some new “city” is introduced in another zone for the races displaced. Hell even just large encampments would be good that could eventually grow into fully fledged new cities in a later patch or expansion. It’d help the world feel more alive imo.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, in panel they said Undercity nothing but a ruin, bunch of rocks. Alliance got the Stromgarde with new rebuilt version. Only EK Horde forces also in the Arathi and trying to fight back against to Alliance. As much as I understand similar things going to be happen for Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    Imagine how cool it would be if the night elves took over the ruins of the Undercity after the battle. They could drain the sludge and fill the canals with glittering moonwell water, open up the rooftop to the stars, and return life to Tirisfal Glades. It would give Blizzard a reason to update the textures and smooth out the blocky 2004 graphics of the city, while giving it a fresh new face (but of course, keeping it familiar to long time players)
    /semi-sarcasm incoming

To quote the poet: "Bitch, please!" :P We Alliance have been "imagining" what Blizz could do for us for decades. The closest thing to getting what we wanted was the lakeshire bridge finally getting built.

Do you remember how many years it took them to just prop up a fallen statue in Stormwind? how many expansions did it take to get us to fix stormwind park? Did they do anything amazing and special with that!? How's Gelbin doin' on Gnomeregan? meanwhile the Darkspear (and now Zandalari...)

If you think ANYTHING that creative is going to go into the Alliance, you know it wont - and it will probably go to Horde anyways.

I got a friend right now laying odds that even the new alliance "sub races" of the Draenei Lightbringer and Void Elf questlines are going to be nothing more than NPCs standing in Stormwind park that you do a couple errands for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    In one of the clips on Jesse Cox's Twitch (https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorGrotesqueWoodcockThunBeast) Ion implies that the starting zones will still be there for new characters but will become phased once you reach that part of the story. So it sounds like you can still enjoy it until you reach 110. Who knows what happens to the BE and Draenei starting zones after 110 though.
    Remember when Ion said "You have to kill every single one of them" in regards to the Nightborn?

Pepperidge Farms remembers....
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-11-04 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I don't think Alliance and Horde will actually have exclusive zones. It'll just become known as their land and when we do go over to the enemy land its because we have bases established over there so we can keep an eye on the enemy but we aren't supposed to be there. If Sylvanas or Anduin knew we were in their home they would have us killed.

Teldrassil gets burned down. It's useless too.

Also, I think if Night Elf/Worgen druids took over Lordaeron maybe they could bring it back to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    With the entire surviving population of the Night Elves moving in, and bringing their power over nature with them, I doubt those places will remain toxic for long
    Only the tree is burning, so unless the Horde dropped a few dozen mana bombs on the entire northern part of Kalimdor then this is an insanely good trade.
    But even if everything burned to ashes, the Night Elves would lose an over 10000 year old civilisation. World of Warcraft wasn't exactly kind to the race since launch, but jeez this is really a bit much.

A fair trade would be something like the Horde losing QuelThalas and the Sunwell, a place with actual value.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Only the tree is burning, so unless the Horde dropped a few dozen mana bombs on the entire northern part of Kalimdor then this is an insanely good trade.
    But even if everything burned to ashes, the Night Elves would lose an over 10000 year old civilisation. World of Warcraft wasn't exactly kind to the race since launch, but jeez this is really a bit much.

A fair trade would be something like the Horde losing QuelThalas and the Sunwell, a place with actual value.
    It is sad. The Night Elves have had the worst happen to them throughout the years out of all the main races. They just get the shit kicked out of them over and over whether its this, the emerald nightmare, Ragnaros in Hyjal, Deathwing destroying Darkshore/Auberdine, the Horde trying to destroy Ashenvale in Cataclysm, even their little place in Stormwind got destroyed. And that's before we even start talking about the stuff with the Naga and Azshara.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it sounds like only Teldrassil will be gone. Since at the Systems Panel they mentioned that the Alliance front lines are basically Stromgarde and that Undercity is just "indefensible" for the Horde. Could be the upper city is ruined but the Undercity is fine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't have a good answer for it, but it's hard to imagine where they would put them or rewrite the starting zones to make up for such a drastic change. Plus, there was a reason why we originally had those cities on those continents, and that was to give the opposite faction a way of experiencing the other continent. With them gone, that would be severely hampered and really mess up holidays and other events. It raises a lot of questions.

Knowing Blizzard even after this they will find ways to not involve Malfurion in any significant fashion. Also what if a lv120 toon wanna meet a lv5 toon in Teldrassil?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    They stated "Alliance attacked Lordaeron".
    only after the nutjob burn down the tree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Knowing Blizzard even after this they will find ways to not involve Malfurion in any significant fashion. Also what if a lv120 toon wanna meet a lv5 toon in Teldrassil?
    Either they will put Zidormi there too or it will just not be possible and they'll have to meet in Lor'danel instead. For the lvl 120 Teldrassil will not exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    only after the nutjob burn down the tree
    No, it is not clear who attacked first. Watch the panel again. The developers leave this question unanswered on purpose to stir up faction pride.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    No, it is not clear who attacked first. Watch the panel again. The developers leave this question unanswered on purpose to stir up faction pride.
    and failed, coz one of them also said 'pre-expansion event happens right after the cinematic'

No?? Just talk to the new bronze Dragon npc's and itll all phase back.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly it sounds like only Teldrassil will be gone. Since at the Systems Panel they mentioned that the Alliance front lines are basically Stromgarde and that Undercity is just "indefensible" for the Horde. Could be the upper city is ruined but the Undercity is fine.
    I'm not so sure this time...

From the sound of it, it seems like they're trying to make Kalimdoor = Horde, Eastern Kingdoms = Alliance.

Not to mention talk about giving the Alliance players an excuse to just give up and reroll horde or quit if they burn down Darnassus but leave all of actual Undercity intact sans the useless outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    No?? Just talk to the new bronze Dragon npc's and itll all phase back.
    Again, doesn't seem like they're going to go this route again. This only seemed to apply to Theramore as well. Not like you could revisit Ashenvale or Darkshore pre-cata, could you? :P

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    horde gets away with war crime again, shocking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm not so sure this time...

From the sound of it, it seems like they're trying to make Kalimdoor = Horde, Eastern Kingdoms = Alliance.

Not to mention talk about giving the Alliance players an excuse to just give up and reroll horde or quit if they burn down Darnassus but leave all of actual Undercity intact sans the useless outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, doesn't seem like they're going to go this route again. This only seemed to apply to Theramore as well. Not like you could revisit Ashenvale or Darkshore pre-cata, could you? :P
    there is an interview on wowhead stating it's just phased

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    and failed, coz one of them also said 'pre-expansion event happens right after the cinematic'
    I hate to say it... but, you do realize the cinematic was the attack on Lordaeron, right? What do you think the pre-expansion event is then?

Trust me, it will. there are heirloom vendors in undercity, and quests tied to teldressil for holidays. much easier to just add a bronze dragon. Dont forget the Nelf racial mounts and tabard vendors. If thats all there as a Nelf levels why prevent others from accessing it who arent pre-lvl 10 Nelves?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say it... but, you do realize the cinematic was the attack on Lordaeron, right? What do you think the pre-expansion event is then?
    the actual fight and how it ended with alliance not taking it and taking stormgarde