Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Why does Blizz keep shooting themsleves in the foot??

Honestly, who the FUCK ever wanted a world pvp themed expansion?? And im asking this as an actual fan of pvp, i love doing arena and bgs and even world pvp, but basing an entire expansion around that is a terrible and stale idea. The only promising thing here are the warfronts.

There have been SO MANY original and interesting "leaks" or lets just call them what they are, fanfics. South seas stuff, void stuff, bolvar stuff, a combination of some or all of them, with cool new concepts, ideas, and systems. Instead what Blizzard offers is basically a "been there done that" expansion with used art assets for zones, a watered down artifact system, and PROUDLY presents AP farming 2.0....

I had this same feeling before, and its not a good feeling. That feeling in your gut when you watch an expansion announcement and are like "wait... what? no... thats kinda lame actually...". I had this feeling creep up on me when they announced WOD, i was with a friend and told him omg its all gonna be orcs, who the fuck wants to play an orc expansion with fucking time traveling BS to boot, and he was like nah maybe itll be good. We all saw how that turned out, and im afraid BoF will end up like that as well.

Why cant blizzard just follow a normal, logical chain of events between their expansions? Why did they ever realease stuff like MOP and WOD, they were completely unnecessary and so is this. Honestly this world of warcraft has so much potential but blizzard is their own worst enemy at this point.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the fact they have this awkward cycle of "WoW is back," "Blizz keeps shooting themselves in the foot," "WoW is back" that has me convinced there's an A-Team and B-Team for expansion development. This is the team that gave us WoD, and the team that gave us Legion is now transitioning into making 9.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's the fact they have this awkward cycle of "WoW is back," "Blizz keeps shooting themselves in the foot," "WoW is back" that has me convinced there's an A-Team and B-Team for expansion development. This is the team that gave us WoD, and the team that gave us Legion is now transitioning into making 9.0.
    So the A-Team did: Vanilla, WotLK, Pandaria, Legion, 9...
    And the B-Team did: BC, Cataclysm, Draenor, Battle, 10...

Yeah, I can see that. It's like the Star Trek movie theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    So the A-Team did: Vanilla, WotLK, Pandaria, Legion, 9...
    And the B-Team did: BC, Cataclysm, Draenor, Battle, 10...

Yeah, I can see that. It's like the Star Trek movie theory.
    Honestly I don't think this started until MoP. Probably tied to them absorbing all the jettisoned Titan team members during WoD's production.

Likely they either used WoD to train those new people up, or took them and started on Legion early.

So A-Team did: MoP, Legion

B-Team did: WoD, BFA
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The fact that anyone even thinks up shit like this just proves how absolutely stupid some people are on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    The fact that anyone even thinks up shit like this just proves how absolutely stupid some people are on this forum.
    Care to elaborate?

If you're talking about making the Horde vs Alliance conflict central again, I wanted it. The racial conflicts are far more compelling to have as the focus than the latest world ending threat. Those threats can, and should, be played out over time as side stories.

I've been saying this since Wrath/Cata, and has held true with Pandaria/Wod, and seemingly now with Legion/BarFA.

While you eloquently call them teams A and B... I simply refer to them as "Team Awesome" and "Team Suckass". :P

That's a good theory.

To make a good game takes about 4 years, so they alternate team A and B every 2 years.

Assassins Creed does something similar between maybe 3 studios. So you get 2 average ones and then a great one.

Looks like this is a team B effort for sure.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Honestly I don't think this started until MoP. Probably tied to them absorbing all the jettisoned Titan team members during WoD's production.

Likely they either used WoD to train those new people up, or took them and started on Legion early.

So A-Team did: MoP, Legion

B-Team did: WoD, BFA
    That is indeed very possible, but i cant believe the A team would allow the B team to spew such BS without any supervision, atleast in the concept phase...

I would just argue that MOP was a B team effort as well, really the only good xpac since cata has been legion

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    There have been SO MANY original and interesting "leaks" or lets just call them what they are, fanfics. South seas stuff, void stuff, bolvar stuff, a combination of some or all of them, with cool new concepts, ideas, and systems. Instead what Blizzard offers is basically a "been there done that" expansion with used art assets for zones, a watered down artifact system, and PROUDLY presents AP farming 2.0....

I had this same feeling before, and its not a good feeling. That feeling in your gut when you watch an expansion announcement and are like "wait... what? no... thats kinda lame actually...". I had this feeling creep up on me when they announced WOD, i was with a friend and told him omg its all gonna be orcs, who the fuck wants to play an orc expansion with fucking time traveling BS to boot, and he was like nah maybe itll be good. We all saw how that turned out, and im afraid BoF will end up like that as well.
    None of the other leaks were as interesting as this, The other leaks were basically
    "You have a boat and a garrison mission table on it rest is the same herp derp south seas"

This is faction war, south seas and void stuff.

I think you’re spazzing out and jumping to conclusions tbh. We’ve barely seen any of the expansion. We saw some of the new content/systems but that’s it so far.

It’d be way better to at the very least wait until alpha/beta and make your judgement call from that since by then we should know the reason for the war and we’ll also be able to test all of the content/systems+class changes and other shit. Saying the expac is terrible right now when we know nothing about it seems pretty stupid.

Where's this "world pvp" expansion coming from? Islands can be against 3 others, true. Warfronts are against AI. Sure, they are tinkering with pvp/pve flagging, but that hardly justifies calling it a world pvp expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria lol. That was also a shit expansion. I don’t think you realise that this all out war is a pretension and manipulation by the Old Gods. Azshara will return this expansion, it will lead into the next Old God expansion. We can’t go from killing one bad guy to another.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the developers who was presenting the Warfront Content, his shirt said "Team 2" on his arm sleeve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    One of the developers who was presenting the Warfront Content, his shirt said "Team 2" on his arm sleeve.
    They officially confirmed that they work on 2-3 expansions simultaneously, making the whole idea that there are different dev teams likely.

Don't be silly. A lot of people were pissed by the "Save the world" thematic we had in all expansion except MoP and wanted to go back to an old Alliance VS Horde conflict. This Lordaeron war was teased already back in SoO when Varian said he would focus on Lordaeron.

Faction war expansion are always a good way to focus on the civilizations that fight (here we'll have a big focus on the allied races AND on Kul'tiras/Zandalar) and we'll have time to appreciate those peoples, to know why we are playing this game. That's what we had in Legion with Suramar and it was great.

By the way, we all know that the PvE content will not be focused on a story of Alliance vs Horde war as we'll explore a titan facility flooded by Blood trolls, an ancient troll city, some creepy tirassian manor. The only Alliance VS Horde PvE content right now are the warfront (which is NOT a WPvP experience) and the islands plunders (which have 4 difficulties : NM/HM/MM/PvP).

Just give it a try instead of saying there's a good and a bad team. You'll be able to tell this when we'll have an idea of the class design, of what's inside the dungeons and the raid, and how are the world quests (maybe ?). I'm a warrior and that's the only thing that made me quit WoD (even if gladiator spec was really fun to play at the beginning).

BTW, the Horde and Alliance zones are separated, the conflict won't escalade until 8.1/8.2 maybe and with all the seapriest / blood troll things we already know Azshara and maybe an Old God will interrupt this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    [...]Sure, they are tinkering with pvp/pve flagging, but that hardly justifies calling it a world pvp expansion.
    To be fair, the last time they "tinkered" with PVP flagging, they made it so that - whoopsie! - gosh it's easy to accidentally flag now by blundering into unmarked PVP areas. And oh, now you flag if a guard NPC targets you. Then a whole lot of nonsense to link realms up, partially because some people were whinging that it was too hard to find victims because people were leaving their servers....

Why does it seem to be PVP focused? Because a large part of the new game is going to be making sure your toggle is "on" or "off" (your preference) before you leave a capital city else you end up in the wrong CRZ or shard, and they're offering "significant" incentives by way of experience and reputation to participate. It's really up in the air whether this means there's (a) a lack of victims, or (b) a lack of people doing the killin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe cuz they cant?

They are human after all.

They prolly need more time to make nice xpac like legion.

And they need to filler time with bad ones : wod and bfa ?

:/

did anyone notice when they played the intro siege of Lordareon cinamatic how they showed zero Demon Hunters on either faction. Totally just seemed on top of announcing Classic this expansion is all about vanilla/BC wow. No Death Knights either.