Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes both faction loses the north, but Horde still has Stonard in the south. While Alliance lost Theramore.

Im guessing Feathermoon is getting a buff

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    not really, since Alliance is taking the forsaken homeland too

Can you show me on the map where this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The alliance takes control of everything up to the ghostlands, dude....
    In the Gameplay panel they said that the main battlefront will be in Arathi Highlands. Which is a long way from Tirisfal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You mean a burned tree? That's not great for lumber.
    You need charcoal to manufacture steel

We will still start at Teldrassil as a nightelf, don't worry.

No srsly this is bullshit. Overall the Addon is very good but why should we still be able to start in Teldrassil as a nightelf if we are actually in the Addon where the Teldrassil got burn down? It would be so much more exciting for everyone(Horde and alliance) to start on other zones as nightelf and undead and to get a whole Zone revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyzk View Post
    We will still start at Teldrassil as a nightelf, don't worry.

No srsly this is bullshit. Overall the Addon is very good but why should we still be able to start in Teldrassil as a nightelf if we are actually in the Addon where the Teldrassil got burn down? It would be so much more exciting for everyone(Horde and alliance) to start on other zones as nightelf and undead and to get a whole Zone revamp.
    Still, Teldrassil will be gone, both at top level and within the lore.

If you want to have an interesting war story, you need to stop this. Its a war. Things will burn down. People will die. Maybe not even in a perfectly symetrical kind of way.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by deviltoist View Post
    you aint getting shit alliance faggot
    Actually they are, moron. It's already set in stone. We burn the Nelf's treehouse and they get Lordaeron back.

Also, the RP forums are somewhere else.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    If you want to have an interesting war story, you need to stop this. Its a war. Things will burn down. People will die. Maybe not even in a perfectly symetrical kind of way.
    Anduin rezzed an entire army. I'm not sure why people even die in WoW anymore. Rezzing seems like no big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Can you show me on the map where this happens?
    Dude, it's confirmed. Hell, the cinematic is the Alliance laying siege to Lordaeron.

We lose Lordaeron and they lose Teldrassil.

Horde holds the majority of Kalimdor, the Ally get most of EK. Red vs Blue.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I hope the entire model is removed from the game. Its always been an eyesore, if nothing else positive comes from the expansion at least I won't have to see it again on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    well was about to happen with nightelfs nonstop pestering the horde in ashenvale

and nobody knows what happens first teldrassil or undercity, so thats probably a broken shore thing to start the faction war where each side tells their part or rather alliance is blinded again thanks to graymane
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Anduin rezzed an entire army. I'm not sure why people even die in WoW anymore. Rezzing seems like no big deal at all.
    Rezzing has always been one of those immersion problems in games :> OH noes my best friend just died in a cutszene...and I have like 50 phoenix down in my bag. Oh noes voljin just died. Who is going to be warchief until he finishes his corpse run?
    Except that this is an absolute game play reason and totally illogical. Garrosh planned a lot to get Ashenvale and at that time he failed. Now after all these wars and SoO the Horde completely took Kalimdor ... totally bullshit.
    Story elements also having a gameplay/plot reason isnt really a problem. Just like you dont comlplain about the hero of a movie not dieing in the first second, because the plot needs him to be alive. That only becomes a problem, when the plot is the ONLY reason he is still alive.
    The story for teldrassil isnt out, yet. The only way to know its bullshit at this point, is if you have already made up your mind, that is has to be bullshit, because you dont like your side losing territory.
    Which again, is not a sentiment, that can create interesting stories about a war.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Rezzing has always been one of those immersion problems in games :> OH noes my best friend just died in a cutszene...and I have like 50 phoenix down in my bag. Oh noes voljin just died. Who is going to be warchief until he finishes his corpse run?
    The problem is that you could explain rezzing before this cinematic with a game mechanic made mostly for our convenience that also existed in the Lore but was something which was kinda hard to accomplished and was not viable everywhere. But now we've seen that mass rezzing an entire army is possible without much of a hassle, in fight, within half a minute, while shielding you and all of your friends from any harm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Sylvanas tries and fails to revive people from the dead and is branded as a monster.
    Anduin resses an entire battlefield and is cherished as a hero.
    Resurrecting someone as an undead != Restoring someone to life. Connotations of what undeath entails can be found throughout the Forsaken and Death Knight zones and questlines.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

That was truly odd to learn about it. I mean Garrosh seriously struggled to reach Darkshore, and now Sylv was np able to roast entire bigass tree? It's confusing the hell out of me because it leaves impression that it's a walk in a park thing, while it shouldn't be.

I really hope I could ignore Sylvanas somehow so I could enjoy new content.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that once again Horde has taken another chunk of major Alliance territory, this time an actual homeland of a race, which judging by the image from Blizzcon, has been completely destroyed.
    While....Horde just have to defend off the Alliance from a corroding castle that really means very little?
    The fact that its even stated that Teldrassil was destroyed, but Horde are only simply attacked? Lorderon isn't taken over, isn't destroyed, no...just...attacked. Which we can easily assume they will defend off the forces of the Alliance and still keep their rotting castle. With the possible outcome of a few small Alliance bases settled into Lorderon land just for a few skirmishes... How is that even remotely fair Blizzard?
    The Horde have taken Kalimador and burned down Teldrassil, leaving only the Exodar on Azuremyst isle.
    The Alliance have taken the Eastern Kingdoms, occupying Lordaeron and leaving only the Ghostlands and Quel'thalas.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

My main concern with this idea of the burning of teldrassil is, whilst currently it is out of the way and not really practical to spend a lot of time there, it was the first place that i logged into when i started playing wow and it is the first place where i allowed myself to be immersed in the game and the story and the environment. Even the music. I remember going to bed and waking up just a couple hours later and jumping straight on because i wanted to play more and see more night elf stuff.

I don't want to lose access to such a place, i'm still a bit sour about what the horde did to pandaria in that fancy pretty place too. But i suppose *if* it moves the story along in a meaningful way and they dont just half ass it or leave it in a book, then maybe i can accept it.

It's still sad though.

As for comments re:lordaeron lies in ruins.. technically it's already in ruins :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    As far as territory goes it’s fairly even (Each side loses the Northern 1/4 of a continent and gains 1/4 of the other), what annoys me is that once again it’s the Night elves taking the hit for the Alliance, the same damn thing happened when the Horde had to be shown as being tough in Cataclysm, the Night elves were the patsies then too (Oh wait, they retook their land... in a book...), and now the Night elves will only have Darkshore, bits of Ashenvale and Feathermoon stronghold left as sole remnants of their homeland, unless there are some more nasty surprises left, of course... ~_~
    This comment i agree with also. It would be nice for the night elves to not be painted as such pushovers. Especially Tyrande taking a back seat to the likes of varian and genn in terms of strategising and executing attack plans and whatnot. But alas..

Yeah, so...Where do Night-Elves spawn in BfA when you create a new character?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, so...Where do Night-Elves spawn in BfA when you create a new character?
    At Teldrassil. The old Version will be phased or something until max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Who cares about the gameplay here? All the Night Elves lands were taken and their main zone was burned to ash. And all of this because of this fucking idea that each faction should have one continent. They lived in those lands for 10k years and blizz retardedly gave all of those to Horde because of their bullshit reasons.

Srsly fuck those writers. They are just good for garbage.
    Who cares about gameplay? Anyone without a defect in their brain.