Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Citation needed, I could literally reply to 95% of your posts with that same thing and it would be accurate.

How do you know they won't change those things?
    Don’t turn things around. How do you know they will? From what I’ve read so far they intend to deliver an authentic vanilla experience. Nobody but Blizzard knows how to best do that. I have no reason to doubt them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Don’t turn things around. How do you know they will? From what I’ve read so far they intend to deliver an authentic vanilla experience. Nobody but Blizzard knows how to best do that. I have no reason to doubt them.
    I'm not turning anything around, I didn't make the claim, the burden of proof isn't on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    There's a difference between "dissenting opinions" and just outright telling people they are wrong and stupid for liking something you don't like.

Thanks for putting up a huge red flag to add you to my ignore list, though.
    Ignore me, I don't like talking to people who don't actually read the context of the posts they are replying to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Are you new to the concept of trolls? Don't let them bring you down. Not after today's fantastic news.
    "Trolls are people who disagree with me"

Mush what kind of replies do you expect lol? You are a hater trying to rain on the parade of people genuinely excited about this announcement, dont you have better stuff to do?

Hell yeah! can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    These are also the current people who play Legion and think it's "Balanced and fun". I do not expect these players to even make it to level 20, so hopefully they just don't plague legacy realms altogether.
    Vanilla was all about the mystery. Half of the fun was discovery.

That slowly melted away when Burning Crusade came about and with it all the various websites that 'answered' the questions of Vanilla WoW, mainly 'How to do X quest.'

I played Vanilla. It sucked. Even Legion which has numerous issues, I can't imagine what people are looking for in Vanilla.

Was it the severe lack of content, running around to random places, looking on Thottbott for a questgiver to tell you to go kill 200 Zherva's to get 7 eyeballs.

I mean people complain about RNG today with legendaries, but I doubt many of them did the endless grind of quest mobs looking for a 'Bear Tooth.' for that freaking gnomebox.

Are they looking for a challenging raid experience?

Because I recall our Raid Leader trying to organize 40 people, granted DSL was still awesome at the time so maybe the 56k modem disconnects won't be as much of a nuisance. You're not going to get that 'challenge' which came with original 40 man content, where strats for bosses were closely guarded secrets rather than youtube vids desperate for views.

Or maybe raiding as a class was harder in Vanilla?

Like.. Ret Paladins being a joke.

Boomkins kicked from the raid.

Tier sets being a jumbled mess.

Basically have a one to three button rotation in a raid.

Or was it the hard leveling experience.

Like running everywhere at regular speed until 40.

The thrill of having to eat after killing a single mob.

The insane corpse runs after dying because a third mob accidentally pulled before you could heal up.

I mean, I don't know, have these Vanilla server people ever heard of 'sounding'?

Sounding + Leveling without heirlooms or doing dungeons would probably get that 'challenge' that they're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I played vanilla. Sure some people who never did will try legacy/classic servers, probably a lot of them, but then in a few hours they'll run screaming in the other direction.

Legacy/classic is Blizzard cashing in on the whining, jelly old people who play private.
    Sell the right to access for 60 Dollar, add a 13 Dollar/month sub. Cash in while it lasts with no additional costs after that despite server costs until it dies off. Seems like a good plan for making some money.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    Vanilla was all about the mystery. Half of the fun was discovery.

That slowly melted away when Burning Crusade came about and with it all the various websites that 'answered' the questions of Vanilla WoW, mainly 'How to do X quest.'

I played Vanilla. It sucked. Even Legion which has numerous issues, I can't imagine what people are looking for in Vanilla.

Was it the severe lack of content, running around to random places, looking on Thottbott for a questgiver to tell you to go kill 200 Zherva's to get 7 eyeballs.

I mean people complain about RNG today with legendaries, but I doubt many of them did the endless grind of quest mobs looking for a 'Bear Tooth.' for that freaking gnomebox.

Are they looking for a challenging raid experience?

Because I recall our Raid Leader trying to organize 40 people, granted DSL was still awesome at the time so maybe the 56k modem disconnects won't be as much of a nuisance. You're not going to get that 'challenge' which came with original 40 man content, where strats for bosses were closely guarded secrets rather than youtube vids desperate for views.

Or maybe raiding as a class was harder in Vanilla?

Like.. Ret Paladins being a joke.

Boomkins kicked from the raid.

Tier sets being a jumbled mess.

Basically have a one to three button rotation in a raid.

Or was it the hard leveling experience.

Like running everywhere at regular speed until 40.

The thrill of having to eat after killing a single mob.

The insane corpse runs after dying because a third mob accidentally pulled before you could heal up.

I mean, I don't know, have these Vanilla server people ever heard of 'sounding'?

Sounding + Leveling without heirlooms or doing dungeons would probably get that 'challenge' that they're looking for.
    With 13 years of BiS gear lists these classes can actually compete. In 2004 people had no clue that Edgemaaters Handguards were bis for plate classes as an example (level 49 item)

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    lots of misinfo here, they literally said it would be vanilla but without the bugs/balancing issues. Basically, it'll be like a console remastered game but as an MMO (which is pretty interesting). Imagine Vanilla with the new models and spell animations, but with the old content/features.
    They teased it with the ice cream bit but they did NOT say it would be vanilla WOW as in 1.x. In fact I think they consider everything up to Lich King "classic" WOW which it is called, and also their most popular iteration. I believe the servers will be WotLK with vanilla leveling speed intact.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    They teased it with the ice cream bit but they did NOT say it would be vanilla WOW as in 1.x. In fact I think they consider everything up to Lich King "classic" WOW which it is called, and also their most popular iteration. I believe the servers will be WotLK with vanilla leveling speed intact.
    That would make a lot of people really angry.

Oh come on dude you're just fucking trolling now. They SHOWED all of the expansion cinematics being rewinded quickly all the way back to vanilla. Not WRATH, VANILLA WoW. WoW Classic is going to be vanilla.

Fucking hell so many people just cannot accept this truth. Yet it is the truth, it is a fact now. Suck it the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That would make a lot of people really angry.
    That's the problem with these nostalgia lovers. They can't agree among themselves what iteration of old WoW they want. Trying to please them all would be a logistical nightmare for blizz.

He literally said 1-60 content in the interview.

Also, no crz. No group finder. They want to replicate the exact experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's the problem with these nostalgia lovers. They can't agree among themselves what iteration of old WoW they want. Trying to please them all would be a logistical nightmare for blizz.
    You think we can't, but we can. You just prefer to ignore that truth and live in ignorance because for some reason you can't deal with reality.

You think we can't, but we can. You just prefer to ignore that truth and live in ignorance because for some reason you can't deal with reality.
    There are people in this very thread disagreeing with your vision of classic/vanilla servers. Who's the one living in denial?

There are people in this very thread disagreeing with your vision of classic/vanilla servers. Who's the one living in denial?
    Those are not the people I count among those who really, really want a legacy server. Those people are mostly talking about trying it out for a week or two then going back to current expansion.

Besides, there doesn't need to be a unanimous agreement of the community. Blizzard just needs to throw something online and let us play it. Then player feedback can come and they can adjust if necessary. That's how private servers do it.

Deleted
    Played on few private vanilla servers. Group quests and dungeons are still a blast. Sadly the servers got pretty quiet so it was hard to get elite quests done. If there's plenty of people, classic WoW will be fucking awesome. This is what I hoped for. Playing the new expansion and classic WoW in between. If the servers are stable and no fear of losing your toons, and if there's no additional payments, it's very likely to stay popular.

Those are not the people I count among those who really, really want a legacy server. Those people are mostly talking about trying it out for a week or two then going back to current expansion.
    Sure whatever. If the arguments don't fit your taste just dismiss them.

-they're just trolling
    -they don't really want it
    -I make the rules of the argument

Deleted
    Just because people disagree on the details doesn't mean they don't want share the same overall vision of the game......

Sure whatever. If the arguments don't fit your taste just dismiss them.

-they're just trolling
    -they don't really want it
    -I make the rules of the argument
    Same goes to you. You see a few people here and there that want something else and automatically conclude that nobody knows what they want.