Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Twitch chat reacts to WoW: Classic announcement

The twitch chat actually went fucking nuts when they announced Vanilla at Blizzcon. Seeing people reacting in disbelief to something they thought would never happen actually gave me the hardest goosebumps

15+ Year Old Account
    There are a ton of people that wanted it, well played Blizz!

After my initial boner subsided, I started thinking with my actual head and realized this is probably going to take more time than we might initially think.

We waited for at least a decade. I'm sure we can handle it.

I just have a feeling this expansion could be WoD 2.0 because they have to pour alot of resources into Classic, neglecting BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I just have a feeling this expansion could be WoD 2.0 because they have to pour alot of resources into Classic, neglecting BfA.
    Will probably have their own team, and its probably not -alot- required for it, I think.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Wrong. Both games have different development teams.

Didn’t effect me at all, it was meh. The cute Chormy scene was a nice touch.

Deleted
    I love Twitch chat, I was so sad, that there was no chat optioin for the virtual tickets owner

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Classic servers will be cool, but it would be absolutely amazing if our classic and live account would be connected. For example you could get transmog to wardrobe from Naxx, unobtainable items and titles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Classic servers will be cool, but it would be absolutely amazing if our classic and live account would be connected. For example you could get transmog to wardrobe from Naxx, unobtainable items and titles, etc.
    I still want to get the last ingredients for my paladin naxx tier set, tokens are sitting in the bank without any major use right now.
    If we overdo interaction though, people might be annoyed and disapointed

Good for the people who wanted legacy servers.

Now they can stop doing illegal stuff on private servers, at least the Vanilla people, so thank god for that!

Well done, Blizz, well done. I'll keep my focus on the upcoming Battle though. :P

I actually think its really interesting to watch Twitch chat reaction videos, especially when you present different channels (which contain different fans who have differing degrees of familiarity with the material being shown or discussed).

Seeing when certain channels screamed 'VANILLA' right away when they clued on immediately when he said he was gonna talk about icecream, while others didnt (en masse) catch on till later, seeing ppl call 'mass ress' for Anduin in the cinematic earlier than others etc - its cool to see who picks it up first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean even the crowd was more excited by classic than bfa.

Yeah its happening

This will probably take over a year for them to create for us, no? You think we will get it sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Good for the people who wanted legacy servers.

Now they can stop doing illegal stuff on private servers, at least the Vanilla people, so thank god for that!

Well done, Blizz, well done. I'll keep my focus on the upcoming Battle though. :P
    A) it's not illegal, simply against Blizzard's wishes - no code is stolen from Blizzard. It's not anyone's fault they never protected the old clients from connecting to non-Blizzard servers

B) there will always still be private servers because rulesets are tweaked, a lot of the grind is streamlined, and some servers cater to BC, Wrath, etc... things Blizzard will not want to do

C) the classic servers will probably be built using a current version of the game, except with BC-BfA content disabled and maybe some modern features disabled like LFG, etc... But essentially it will be the current build of the game which will still connect to modern Battle.net, using the new character models, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    A) it's not illegal, simply against Blizzard's wishes - no code is stolen from Blizzard. It's not anyone's fault they never protected the old clients from connecting to non-Blizzard servers

B) there will always still be private servers because rulesets are tweaked, a lot of the grind is streamlined, and some servers cater to BC, Wrath, etc... things Blizzard will not want to do

C) the classic servers will probably be built using a current version of the game, except with BC-BfA content disabled and maybe some modern features disabled like LFG, etc... But essentially it will be the current build of the game which will still connect to modern Battle.net, using the new character models, etc...
    If C that will destroy so many potential players it is not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post

I wouldn't really know since I don't care for private or legacy servers.

Just hoping that now people can at least settle down slightly on all the legacy server talk since now it's apparently happening so they can enjoy the past.

I don't get it but good for them.

You think you do, but you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

This is beautiful, I was part of it too which is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like it’s goona be a dead server in a year to 18 months. MMOs are by definition a never ending treadmill, that’s just the nature of the beast, and this effectively caps your progression. How many times are people gonna kill C’Thun and KT before they’re like “OK... now what? Oh yeah, nothing. Guess I’ll go play regular WoW.” It’s like being permanently in that late expansion lull, but with almost zero old content to do on alts.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect