Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Took more than a year to get here...but it feels just right

1 year ago I was making this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    This has snowballed from it being just a 10 replies thread about a pserver shutting down to something akin to a revolution. We will be heard. Blizzard will kneel eventually. Mark my words. From the beginning I've been reading stupid replies from thick headed neckbeards saying that this will never amount to anything. First they were laughing claiming we will be ignored because only "2000" or so people play vanilla and only "because it was free". We were called "scum" and "thieves". Now they are frustrated and angry cause their opinions have been proven wrong. They never expected our movement to be this strong and this unified, even for something as trivial as a game. It is about passion. Play your arcade facebook game. Watch the true version of the game reduce yours to bad memories. We will run you into the ground from within and through sheer dedication to real gaming.

I know, I know. It's corny, dramatic and has a slight hint of neckbeardism. But today is a good day. We are vindicated.

Deleted
    Oh shut up. Utter cringe.

Edit: I have nostalgia for Vanilla but I realize the game has moved on and improved. Enjoy the few things vanilla better at the expense of every single modern thing that makes WoW a more enjoyable game today.
    Last edited by mmoc601899f8ff; 2017-11-04 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Oh shut up. Utter cringe.
    Doesn't matter, my dude. I'll admit to being a little over the top and cringey, but hey, I'm happy couldn't care less whether I'm cringey or not. I'm a grown ass man that's all giddy and happy like a 13yo on christmas morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    I have nostalgia for Vanilla but I realize the game has moved on and improved. Enjoy the few things vanilla better at the expense of every single modern thing that makes WoW a more enjoyable game today.
    That's your opinion and it's cool. But I started playing in Wotlk. Played throughout cata up until pandaria announcement. I then got into vanilla. I'd never played a game as good before. Ever. Still haven't. Even though I "grew up" in wow with all sorts of luxuries like dungeon finder and flying mounts, I've never had so much fun as I did in vanilla. I loved every single second of it.
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 11:39 AM.

Doesn't matter, my dude. I'll admit to being a little over the top and cringey, but hey, I'm happy couldn't care less whether I'm cringey or not. I'm a grown ass man that's all giddy and happy like a 13yo on christmas morning.

That's your opinion and it's cool. But I started playing in Wotlk. Played throughout cata and until pandaria announcement. I then got into vanilla. I'd never played a game as good before. Ever. Still haven't. Even though I "grew up" in wow with all sorts of luxuries like dungeon finder and flying mounts, I've never had so much fun as I did in vanilla. I loved every single second of it.
    Lmao you admitted you didn't even play original vanilla. As someone who was a progression raider who got to experience some of Naxx before BC: Vanilla was terrible. A buggy, unstable crap hole where only a few specs of classes were viable.

The people who wanted this are by and large people like yourself, who grew disillusioned with WoW when it hit a rough patch and went back to an era you didn't experience.

YOU and your kind didn't play original vanilla and didn't go through all of the horrible server maintenances, bugs, and terrible class design.

Forgive me if I'm disgusted by the legacy server crowd. You're all cringe children.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are not getting any vanilla. WoW Classic is not vanilla. You'll see.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

That's your opinion and it's cool. But I started playing in Wotlk. Played throughout cata up until pandaria announcement. I then got into vanilla. I'd never played a game as good before. Ever. Still haven't. Even though I "grew up" in wow with all sorts of luxuries like dungeon finder and flying mounts, I've never had so much fun as I did in vanilla. I loved every single second of it.
    I actually played this game in vanilla, since release actually. Servers will be a ghost town within a year unless they offer account bound achievements and other rewards like mounts, pets, and toys on wow proper for doing things in classic. Maybe even seasons akin to diablo/poe.

Deleted
    I know, I know. It's corny, dramatic and has a slight hint of neckbeardism. But today is a good day. We are vindicated.
    and you are still wrong as there are still no classic servers. I was just another we are working on it so they can be stilll 5 years away

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this count as a necro on your own thread?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are not getting any vanilla. WoW Classic is not vanilla. You'll see.
    I agree here. Won't be exactly the same as vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Lmao you admitted you didn't even play original vanilla. As someone who was a progression raider who got to experience some of Naxx before BC: Vanilla was terrible. A buggy, unstable crap hole where only a few specs of classes were viable.

The people who wanted this are by and large people like yourself, who grew disillusioned with WoW when it hit a rough patch and went back to an era you didn't experience.

YOU and your kind didn't play original vanilla and didn't go through all of the horrible server maintenances, bugs, and terrible class design.

Forgive me if I'm disgusted by the legacy server crowd. You're all cringe children.
    First of all, I didn't want to say private servers again, but yeah. If you knew what I was talking about, you'd realize that it was 1:1 with the real experience, bar some minor differences.

Second of all, who are you to tell me what is enjoyable and what is not? Who are you to tell all of us that love this version of the game? Your arrogance is what caused this, pushing the boundaries between qol changes and arcade game changes. Now we have our own game. With all the imbalances and terrible class designs that we love. And there's literally nothing you can do about it, except cry.

Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    I actually played this game in vanilla, since release actually. Servers will be a ghost town within a year unless they offer account bound achievements and other rewards like mounts, pets, and toys on wow proper for doing things in classic. Maybe even seasons akin to diablo/poe.
    You fail to realize that there tons of servers out there packed. You fail to realize that vanilla was not all about raids and progression. I played for a WHOLE year without even going into raiding too much. The only raid I'd ever done was Zul'Aman. I spent days on end doing wpvp. Farming stuff. This is what I enjoy.
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 11:53 AM.

So you think you've won? The battle hasn't even started yet, and won't until servers are live; people left and right will finally realize how delusional they were (and still are).

First of all, I didn't want to say private servers again, but yeah. If you knew what I was talking about, you'd realize that it was 1:1 with the real experience, bar some minor differences.

Second of all, who are you to tell me what is enjoyable and what is not? Who are you to tell all of us that love this version of the game? Your arrogance is what caused this, pushing the boundaries between qol changes and arcade game changes. Now we have our own game. With all the imbalances and terrible class designs that we love. And there's literally nothing you can do about it, except cry.
    Who's crying? You are going to be majorly disappointed in your 5 year wait for classic servers.

This is nothing more than a cry for attention for you whiny neckbeards.

On the bright side, all the bads like yourself can go frolic on some backwater classic server so you don't pollute my dungeons/raids/pvp with your autism.

Edit: Lol Private servers. You didn't experience the original so who are you to judge that it's 1:1 with actual vanilla? Gtfo here with that garbage lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Who's crying? You are going to be majorly disappointed in your 5 year wait for classic servers.

This is nothing more than a cry for attention for you whiny neckbeards.

On the bright side, all the bads like yourself can go frolic on some backwater classic server so you don't pollute my dungeons/raids/pvp with your autism.

Edit: Lol Private servers. You didn't experience the original so who are you to judge that it's 1:1 with actual vanilla? Gtfo here with that garbage lmao
    My son, if you'd played nost, you'd know what I'm talking about, despite the sheer arrogance. Honestly, it doesn't matter. I just came here to enjoy watching you hate something you don't understand and cry. I knew this was the reaction I was gonna get And I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So you think you've won? The battle hasn't even started yet, and won't until servers are live; people left and right will finally realize how delusional they were (and still are).
    Loving this "you think you do but you don't". Don't worry, no king rules forever my son. You'll take Brack's place on that stage. And eat your words

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Even if it is a pristine vanilla experience, people will be at war.
    Cause one/or more of the following:

Wrong Patch
    Modern Grafik
    QoL 's like DF
    Take to long for a group to build
    Classes are 80% nonviable
    Dungeons going on to long

etc....

To be clear, if its in my subscription i will play a bit for old times sake but i have no illiusion that whatever Blizz is giving it wont be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post

Wrong Patch
    Modern Grafik
    QoL 's like DF

etc....

To be clear, if its in my subscription i will play a bit for old times sake but i have no illiusion that whatever Blizz is giving it wont be right.
    It should be 1.12.1.

As someone who has absolutely no desire to ever go through classic content again, this actually makes me kinda happy. Blizzard is basically building a containment server for all the classic/legacy/nostalrius fags, and all the crusty neckbeards constantly shitting on current WoW will be gone from the main game and the main forums. Should improve the "community" quite a bit.

At least for the 2 to 3 months it will be a thing before the entire thing dies down, and part of them comes back to the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post

Wrong Patch
    Modern Grafik
    QoL 's like DF

etc....

Yeah, no matter how they will be implemented, people will be up in arms. Because they don't even know what they want. If people had to pay extra for classic servers, they'd be dead from the start. Really looking forward to all the entertainment on these forums once they're live. It will be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    As someone who has absolutely no desire to ever go through classic content again, this actually makes me kinda happy. Blizzard is basically building a containment server for all the classic/legacy/nostalrius fags, and all the crusty neckbeards constantly shitting on current WoW will be gone from the main game and the main forums. Should improve the "community" quite a bit.

At least for the 2 to 3 months it will be a thing before the entire thing dies down, and part of them comes back to the main game.
    Buuuuttt...what if that doesn't happen? What if everybody's happy? What if we just enjoy our game and you enjoy yours? Nah, you wouldn't like that. You'd like us to say "hey you were right". But unfortunately, for now, it's the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post

No worries my dude. We'll save a spot for you amongst us fags. Maybe you'll enjoy being a fag Most of the people that will play vanilla are not subscribed to the game. I haven't touched blizzard's stuff in years, wow ever since pandaria. And would never touch another mmorpg except for vanilla wow. So yeah, there's that.
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 12:04 PM.

classic server will serve only as a place to show my kids how much the game used to suck ass.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

It should be 1.12.1.
    And thats your opinion, nothing wrong with it but you bet there are enough who want another one.

Like i said, its nothing i really bother, it will be fun for the nostalgia but nothing im hyped for.

Well, unless i can get some old transmogs that way, that would be great.....one can dream...