Poll: Do you like the faction war theme?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, it will be a pointless war. One side takes this, the other side takes that. No one can have any advantages because people will cry and scream about developers favoring one faction over the other. It's truly pathetic beyond words. Just look at what's announced. Alliance takes Lordaeron and horde takes Teldrassil. It's just NOT interesting storytelling in the slightest. Well, what can we expect from hacks who only write end of the world scenarios with 0.5 dimensional villains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Huh, the Alliance and Horde have never stopped fighting each other, even in Legion. They "unite" to defeat out a common enemy simply because the alternative is extinction, but they don't do so out of camaraderie. If I play Horde, I'm not buddy-buddy with Alliance dogs, and if play Alliance I'm not going to be pals with filthy Horde pigs. Canonically, both factions barely tolerate each other when they are fighting together and they can't wait to tear each other a new once the big emergency subsides.
    Yes, there will always be tensions and minor conflicts, I agree.
    But burning of Teldrassil (effectively nuking the Nightelven homeland) is a completely different ballgame. That is more like an all out war and this needs explanation well beyond "we don't really like each other".

Deleted
    I like it, but It's enough for an expansion. Half way we get Old gods or Azshara, must be so to fuel the ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard will cave in to all the whiners and it will turn to shit . first time expansion announcement made me feel meh, Blizzard doing a good job of fixing my wow addiction it seems lol.

yes i will buy it and play it.

The theme is awkward and out of sync with the current flow of events..

Deleted
    Due to i just recently changed to alliance Because of friends and guild i have to Say no. Im fighting for the Wrong side !

Yes imo. With the history of prolific racial conflict on Azeroth, it seems counterintuitive that we would just deal with our hatred internally, work alongside them indefinitely and act as though all is well. At least, not without having the lore give a strong reason for us never dealing with the tension. It makes much more sense to that we would press pause and resentfully work alongside others of our class to deal with the more important issue of the legion. Still, that's only pause. Honestly I think there is old god influence, but I don't think they'd have to do much to push anyone over the edge. The Darkspear have been fighting humans for ages. A couple decades ago orcs and humans attempted to decimate each others civilisations--the wounds of the holocaust were still fresh after that period (blood elves are a bit of an outlier, sure, but it was justified with passable logic--doing the same for the factions altogether is an entirely different matter). Complete forgiveness doesn't make sense to me, nor does doing nothing about the tension. I think this needed to happen and I personally love it!

No. I hate it.
    I do not care about PvP. I just want to kill dragonz'n'stuff.

No. It's such a dumb thing now. As soon as the world-devouring threat has been dealth with, LET'S FUCK UP THE WORLD S'MORE WITH FACTION WAR RAWR! ...Why does everything in the goddamned universe want to get rid of this goddamned planet when it's going to get rid of itself with this progress anyway?!

Voted YES.
    I'm glad Blizzard stir the game up with that reshuffling of faction territories a little bit cause game is getting more and more stale.

Truth be told, I didn't expect all-out war at all. I knew there would be conflict, but I thought it would be border fights or racial tensions, not the entire Horde and Alliance at war, conquering continents and burning down cities. I don't know how I feel about that, seems like we did that already with Garrosh, and there's no good way for that to end.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Yes very mutch. i hated the neutral order halls in Legion!!

Constantly falling back to "we have to unite to fight the big bad!" is a mistake I think, so I'm really happy to see a return to more basic Warcraft stuff. Horde vs Alliance is the absolute core of this franchise and has been since the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Back to basics! I like it. Not a big fan being the supreme commander for the faction in the last few expansions. I would rather be a wandering hero again.
    I mean, we're literally going to be the Generals of the Horde/Alliance army. That's what Warfronts are.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have:

World of Warcraft (Faction Wars)
    World of Lovecraft (Old Gods)

Not World of permanent Peacecraft.

Orcs/trolls were almost completely forgotten in Legion, good to have the horde as a whole again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    ... That's what Warfronts are.
    A 20 person BG where you fight against NPC's instead of Horde/Alliance players?

Absolutely not, there wouldn't be a faction war if it wasn't for Sylvanas and her stupid plot armor. I don't know how any Horde player can be happy fighting for an evil dead elf so she can live a little longer.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, it just feels sooooo disappointing, like everything that happened since Vanilla meant and counted for nothing. Hell if Anduin was an adult instead of a child in Vanilla then this (minus greymane) would have been the original trailer for WoW lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    So hold on, you don't think Legion, which has focused on the some of the most powerful forces known in the universe, including Sargeras and THE PANTHEON was impressive, but you're excited for...pirates.

Interesting opinion.
    I'm not really interested in "save the universe" stories. I like the smaller, character-focused ones. In this case, the characters are the Horde and Alliance factions. The intricacies of how they interact with each other; strategies, counter strategies, the way the war affects the lore figures, etc. When everyone was getting together all campfires and kumbaya style, there wasn't much in the line of stories except "STOP THE LEGION!" The most interesting stories for me were the zone ones, not "the Legion" ones. Ysera, Ebonhorn, the Vrykul, the meth elves... Yea, they all had some Legion influence, but it wasn't distracting (okay, it was a little distracting with the meth elves, but I was into the story enough to not let it bother me.) On top of that, I'm just sick and tired of fel green and black EVERYTHING!

Plus, what's not to love about pirates? ^_^

I reserve my final judgement until after I play the expansion, as I did with Legion, but the initial impression makes me very happy.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-11-04 at 01:21 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    I'm almost sure I'll wait out the war chapter altogether. The real question is: when Azshara and Nzoth strike, will it feel worthwhile to come back? Frankly, no major Universe Eater we faced so far managed to deal half as much damage to us as ourselves, so perhaps it's best to leave Old Gods alone: they might have sprouted some tentacles here and there, but it comes nowhere near burning Teldrassil.