Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    My son, if you'd played nost, you'd know what I'm talking about, despite the sheer arrogance. Honestly, it doesn't matter. I just came here to enjoy watching you hate something you don't understand and cry. I knew this was the reaction I was gonna get And I love it.

Loving this "you think you do but you don't". Don't worry, no king rules forever my son. You'll take Brack's place on that stage. And eat your words
    Nostalrius is not a 1:1 recreation of the vanilla experience. You haven't a clue what you're talking about lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    classic server will serve only as a place to show my kids how much the game used to suck ass.
    I feel sorry for your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Nostalrius is not a 1:1 recreation of the vanilla experience. You haven't a clue what you're talking about lmao

Got no incentive to argue with you boy. Let's just each enjoy our deluded selves, mkay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are not getting any vanilla. WoW Classic is not vanilla. You'll see.
    I truly fear this to be the case..i just want the exploration old school talents and overall world back.. Stuff like xmog i could csre less if added just give me the old gameplay style and world..and class quests/unique weirdness(soul shard farming hunter pets being unique welll some, warlock quests for demons and pally/lock mount quest type stuff)

Got no incentive to argue with you boy. Let's just each enjoy our deluded selves, mkay?
    i feel sorry for you, pick a reason
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I truly fear this to be the case..i just want the exploration old school talents and overall world back.. Stuff like xmog i could csre less if added just give me the old gameplay style and world..and class quests/unique weirdness(soul shard farming hunter pets being unique welll some, warlock quests for demons and pally/lock mount quest type stuff)
    I trust they have researched and know exactly the slight adjustments they can make and still keep the original feel. I've always had faith in them as a company, they were just misguided.

You have no incentive to argue because you have zero clue what you're talking about.

This is the funniest thing about today's Vanilla tryhard cucks. They either didn't play the original Vanilla, or sucked some very hairy balls in it. Most of us played through it, enjoyed it, and moved on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    I agree here. Won't be exactly the same as vanilla.
    Im getting exactly what i want.

You fail to realize that there tons of servers out there packed. You fail to realize that vanilla was not all about raids and progression. I played for a WHOLE year without even going into raiding too much. The only raid I'd ever done was Zul'Aman. I spent days on end doing wpvp. Farming stuff. This is what I enjoy.
    I don't fail to realize anything, I've played vanilla entirely, I've played private servers. I'm simply stating a fact: people like new not stale. If it was truly an exact copy of vanilla wow, the servers will be ghost towns within a year. If they implement extra features like seasons and rewards for playing on classic, you will get a lot more crossover but it won't be exactly the same.

I know at 100% that the “classic” servers would not be as classic, classic was a very long road with a lot of holes and bugs, the people currently playing is going to continue playing the actual game, the “classic” callers are 95% people that they aren’t going to pay ������ for it, the 2/3 first week a lot of people is going to try it but when they see that are no flying, keys, mounts and pet in bags, no finder, terrible specs and a lot of things they would fly away from the “classic” servers

Don't care for vanilla servers at all, but if it makes a lot of people happy then more power to you.

I'm expecting the hype will be the best thing you will have from it. After couple of months of playing there you will realise that some things are better left as memories.

Don't mind being wrong on that one, but I'm doubtful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla haters butthurt is glorious.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Caguari View Post
    I know at 100% that the “classic” servers would not be as classic, classic was a very long road with a lot of holes and bugs, the people currently playing is going to continue playing the actual game, the “classic” callers are 95% people that they aren’t going to pay ������ for it, the 2/3 first week a lot of people is going to try it but when they see that are no flying, keys, mounts and pet in bags, no finder, terrible specs and a lot of things they would fly away from the “classic” servers
    I don't think it will be the case, I think there most certainly will be a group finder and other newer features.

Deleted
    It's never bad to be reminded how your drive to keep demanding access to obsolete content is so strongly just hate towards people who succeeded you.

Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    I don't fail to realize anything, I've played vanilla entirely, I've played private servers. I'm simply stating a fact: people like new not stale. If it was truly an exact copy of vanilla wow, the servers will be ghost towns within a year. If they implement extra features like seasons and rewards for playing on classic, you will get a lot more crossover but it won't be exactly the same.
    What people are you talking about? How come you know what everyone wants? I like things that are incredibly spicy, like mouth burning spicy. Some people won't touch that shit with a 10 foot pole. I'm wrong for liking something that others don't? The entitlement is reaching outrageous levels. I like "stale". I like not having to worry about going through content and never being able to finish it at my own pace because new expansions are coming out and are forcing me to play their way. I love vanilla.

You have no incentive to argue because you have zero clue what you're talking about.

I know nothing. Still, it's more than enough to teach people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    It's never bad to be reminded how your drive to keep demanding access to obsolete content is so strongly just hate towards people who succeeded you.
    Don't get me wrong, this is essentially just a shitpost with a hint of gloating. But it's because I remember all the hate that came towards us when nost shut down, being called thieves and scum for liking something and having no other alternative to play it. We just wanted to be left alone with our "stale" version of the game and when that came to an abrupt end we were ridiculed and talked down to. It's our turn now.

I know nothing. Still, it's more than enough to teach people like you.

Don't get me wrong, this is essentially just a shitpost with a hint of gloating. But it's because I remember all the hate that came towards us when nost shut down, being called thieves and scum for liking something and having no other alternative to play it. We just wanted to be left alone with our "stale" version of the game and when that came to an abrupt end we were ridiculed and talked down to. It's our turn now.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    This is the funniest thing about today's Vanilla tryhard cucks. They either didn't play the original Vanilla, or sucked some very hairy balls in it. Most of us played through it, enjoyed it, and moved on.
    Man, trumpets these days are everywhere. Anyways, I played the closest thing there is to vanilla (arguably, but please let me know the huge differences between nost and retail vanilla and I will acknowledge them) and I loved every second of it. I was playing it alone, mind you. Loved it more than playing wotlk and cata with my friends. So, trumpet, how come you have the audacity to tell me I'm wrong for liking something? I have no problem with you playing the current version of the game (I actually think Legion, from what I know about it, is the most decent expansion so far).
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 02:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ill hold out till tehy do one server per expansion so i cna have my legal wrath server lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    ill hold out till tehy do one server per expansion so i cna have my legal wrath server lol
    I like it, but there's a long road towards that. The demand for classic was overwhelming and their decision is based on analytical and financial reasons, not emotional. They probably ended up concluding that making a classic version of the game is economically feasible. I hope that's the case for subsequent expansions, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Legion; 2017-11-04 at 02:31 PM.

Its a great victory, but not one to celebrate here. MMOchampion's community had no part in doing anything useful here, with respect to either announcement. Unfortunately, in respect to classic, but LUCKILY in respect to BFA. If it was up to them, I'm not sure there would be a blizzard. People seem to hate everything about Legion AND classic simultaneously so celebrate your victory where there are people who actually want to play the game and enjoy doing so - not spout nonsense and complain about shit they don't understand all day.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its a great victory, but not one to celebrate here. MMOchampion's community had no part in doing anything useful here, with respect to either announcement. Unfortunately, in respect to classic, but LUCKILY in respect to BFA. If it was up to them, I'm not sure there would be a blizzard. People seem to hate everything about Legion AND classic simultaneously so celebrate your victory where there are people who actually want to play the game and enjoy doing so - not spout nonsense and complain about shit they don't understand all day.
    I don't even know another place on the internet that's as full of hate and cognitive dissonance. Maybe /r/the_donald

I like it, but there's a long road towards that. The demand for classic was overwhelming and their decision is based on analytical and financial reasons, not emotional. They probably ended up concluding that making a classic version of the game is economically feasible. I hope that's the case for subsequent expansions, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Frankly, I think its the opposite. They seem to be hiring a team to do this and they don't even have a money scheme in place based on the interviews. I can't imagine it WILL be economically viable over many years, but I think they are doing it for 2 reasons:
    One, to avoid the negative publicity of those who think they refuse to listen to their fans
    and
    Two, to create an official benchmark for expansions going forward so people can finally stop making illegitimate comparisons between the vanilla game and the modern game without the opportunity to be proved wrong by playing both.

In the end, the things Brack says in the interview make me sure of this.
    He says "whether there are millions of people playing or tens, we are in the classic server business for good."

Based on his comment about not remembering how long it took to buff in classic and that "the mind phases out the bad memories but hangs on to the good" I think he and many others wholesomely think (and perhaps rightfully so in 2018 or onwards) that a product like that will not be a cash cow for them, compared to things like Overwatch or Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know another place on the internet that's as full of hate and cognitive dissonance. Maybe /r/the_donald
    Ya I'm not sure how it ended up this way. Its a shame, but in the end I'm glad to see that the important parts of each community got what they deserved this blizzcon.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV