Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    And that is PRECISELY what I'm gonna do.. I will choose to be sharded onto PvE realm, with other PvE oriented people, while you will be able to choose to be sharded onto PvP realm with PvP oriented people. it is REALLY that simple.
    No its not, people will always pick the path of less resistence because is human nature.

Do you see anyone on PvE realms turning on the PvP? No
    Same thing will happen now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    No its not, people will always pick the path of less resistence because is human nature.

Yup, which is why they'll have to incentivize it. Nothing works like a good reward.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Do people flag themselves for PvP on PvE servers ?
    I would have thought that only people playing on PvP servers were flagged, because they don't have the choice.
    Look, if new system will lead that no one will ever flag himself for PvP, it means the problem with WPvP is much deeper than we think. It would mean that people lost all passion for world pvp and in this case, no system in the world could bring WPvP back.

So for now, let's assume there are still many people (at least one server worth), who just enjoy random WPvP, and if this is the case, proposed system can really help big time.

But if this is not the case, I think you have to just accept WPvP is dead..but not because game doesn't support it, but because players just don't enjoy it anymore.
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2017-11-04 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Yup, which is why they'll have to incentivize it. Nothing works like a good reward.
    This is pretty much whats going to happen:

Doing quests? PvP off
    Walking to a dungeon? PvP off
    Jerking off? PvP off

Oh right i need rewards from WPVP maybe i should turn it ON. (guess what? everyone will have it OFF)

Bullshit (sorry, i love you)

Unaffected my arss. Now you can toggle PvP on and off at your leisure. This way there is no more spontaneous world pvp while doing quests or on meeting stones or pretty much ALWAYS.
    This system is doomed to fail unless Blizzard decides to shower us with rewards for having that PvP enabled.
    It isn't "at your leisure", You have to do it in your hub city.

People that want to play in PVP still can...they just will only be interacting with other players that make that choice.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Blizz already stated that they plan to give incentives to play with PvP enabled. More XP, more rep rewards, different set of world quests, and possibly more.
    Not to mention there are players that DO enjoy world PvP and WILL play with it, just to have the ability to attack others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyria View Post
    Why??
    I can now turn off pvp and annoyingly jump in front of the * cough * "hardcore wpvpers" (can't read that without chuckling) IN a pvp realm and they can't touch me.
    Don't think you can. The zones are phased. When you have pvp flag on you only see others with pvp flag. When it's off you only see others who've turned it off

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    What it comes down to is too many care bear pve players wants to be a big man and roll on a pvp server .. found they didn't want to take responsibility for their choice and bitched and whined until blizzard gave in ... now its up o the pvp players to bitch and whine until this is reversed .

Bliz has proved time and time again the squeeky wheel gets the grease

dude we roll pvp server 13 f... years ago with much less players, so much less faction unbalance, so much less outdoor content. situation has change bliz had three option a free migration for all your characters / disable pvp / loose subs. now you get it? why punnish players for a choice they made so much time before? pvp player mentality is just trash you just love annoy people when they fam/pex/quest and feel strong by ganking with OP class or in groupe vs 1 . who make w.pvp this time? fucking immortal tank and op classes! yeaaah so much fuuuun! who is the care bear me playing a pvp victim elem shamy in alliance with 80% horde or a troll drood tank who can win everything in a 80% horde serv? tell me who is the care bear? but dont worry if on pvp serv players still love pvp they will flag pvp, but you know what? i am pretty sure our "superior pvp community" will unflag as fast as they can.

Again, if that were the case..there wouldn't have ever been PVP servers to begin with.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If that's the case...why aren't all players on PVE servers now?
    Because it would cost them 300 bucks to move their characters and guild away from the PvP server?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Because it would cost them 300 bucks to move their characters and guild away from the PvP server.
    They never would have rolled on a PVP server to begin with though...

Deleted
    It's the problem for gankers...anyone that is interested in legitimate WPVP will be mostly unaffected.
    There's no such thing as "illegitimate WPvP" (apart maybe when someone cheats), WPvP is not meant to be fair, and fairness is not the appeal of WPvP.
    I personnally enjoyed WPvP, rolling on a PvP server is being given the ability to fight other people in the world, in exchange of allowing other players to fight you. But I get it, most people don't like it, so they're getting rid of it.

Again, if that were the case..there wouldn't have ever been PVP servers to begin with.
    It is weird, it seems they are PvPers, who are arguing with other PvPers, that noone want PvP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    There's no such thing as "illegitimate WPvP" (apart maybe when someone cheats), WPvP is not meant to be fair, and fairness is not the appeal of WPvP.
    I personnally enjoyed WPvP, rolling on a PvP server is being given the ability to fight other people in the world, in exchange of allowing other players to fight you. But I get it, most people don't like it, so they're getting rid of it.
    Not getting rid of anything. Keep your PVP flag on. You will only interact with other players with their PVP flag on. Your gameplay experience will not be any different. The only people that will have a different gameplay experience are the people that "shouldn't be on a PVP realm anyway".
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-11-04 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this

We are now all on a PvE server.

Classic world of warcraft, here i come Goodbye retail
    World PvP doesn't exist in the current game anyone, so what exactly changes?
    People are just trying to finish WQ as quickly as possible.

Deleted

Well those people chose a PvE server for a reason I suppose. Since there are still people on PvP servers, I assume at least some of them are in the mood for PvP at least every now and then. But yes, this might decrease the number of people being PvP flagged when doing world quests overall.

On the pro side (for some at least) blizzard might now be able to balance factions a bit better by dynamically moving people to matching shards. As usual this will make things more anonymous, because you might never ever see today's gankers again.

Given how many friends and new raiders wouldnt come over, just because of the server type my guild plays on, I think whatever downsides there are to this, its probably a positive change overall.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Just put yourself in the shoes of the people.

Doing quests? PvP Off
    Walking to a Dungeon? PvP Off
    Gathering? PvP Off
    World Quests? PvP Off
    Leveling? PvP Off

Oh there is rewards for World PvP? I will Turn it ON then (guess what everyone else will have it OFF)

Just put yourself in the shoes of the people.

Doing quests? PvP Off
    Walking to a Dungeon? PvP Off
    Gathering? PvP Off
    World Quests? PvP Off
    Leveling? PvP Off

Oh there is rewards for World PvP? I will Turn it ON then (guess what everyone else will have it OFF)
    You are assuming that everyone hates WPvP. If this is the case, there is no hope for WPvP anyway.

Simple as this folks:

To those of you that say "those people shouldn't be on a PVP server anyway"...guess what? You are getting exactly what you wanted. From this point on, you will never have to deal with their "whining" again. From now on, you will only be playing with people that want to play on a PVP server with all the risks that it entails.