Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here's a thought: What if Alliance returns from Argus and finds Teldrassil burning? They easily believe it was done by the Horde because Alliance would never do it. The Alliance retaliate and attempt to retake Lordaeron, finding that Sylvannas already has her forces prepared (for an imminent attack on Stormwind). Alliance sieges Lordaeron and Horde defends. But perhaps we find out later, maybe from the Titan raid or Magni speaking to Azeroth that the burning of Teldrassil is really just the exit wound on Azeroth from Sargeras' final strike (but by then the war has started and there is too much bad blood to stop the juggernaut it has become). We know that Azeroth is dying so the wound must be deep; it may simply be deeper than we know. And since she is a globe, it could simply be that Teldrassil is a straigt line through her core from Silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    To be fair, the Alliance burned a small Tauren village and the Horde Mana-bombed a major Alliance port city with a device so potent that every version of Theramore in every reality was destroyed.

Totally equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

Teldrassil was never really a sacred World Tree. Staghelm had it grown in spite of not getting the Dragon Aspects' blessings. It was corrupted more than once before the Horde burns it down.
    It gained the blessing of the aspects in Cataclysm so it’s sacred firewood now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    From what I gathered from watching the panels, Horde does not take Teldrassil and the Alliance does not take Lordearon. They just push the other faction out and leave it in ruins. Teldrassil is burned to the ground and there is nothing left and during the panel they said that Lordearon was not a strategic point to be defended.

yay we lose a world tree but we get a smelly sewer!!!

I really find it comically bad that the Horde can simply come and expel a race that is especially fierce, prone to guerrilla fighting and attuned to the forces of nature, from its own homeland in very rough and forested terrain.

Also, the cycle of "it's war, then we unite to fight a danger to the world, then we come back to war, then..." has been ridiculous for a long time.

Also, after decades of non-stop cataclysmic fighting, how come we still have enough people alive to fight again ?

Also, related to the above, the Horde has suffered major defeats with large casualties in the Siege of Orgrimmar and the assault on Undercity (in Wrath). From where does all this manpower to be able to fight for supremacy planet-wide comes from ?

Blizzard has always been shit at verisimilitude once a game starts, but really...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    omfg I literally said it was bait and people still rushed to defend anduin or attack sylvanas that's hilarious
    Hmmm... pointing out statements/comparisons that are blatantly incorrect is not the same as attacking Sylvanas. Nice try, though.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    its okay we gain World Tree and Mount Hyjal and infinite lumber
    God King Rastkhan and Ancient Zandalar with Titan Facility and DInosaurs
    Surumar and the majority of the Broken Isles

Alliance gain Jainas mom and dumpy port town
    Though, to be fair.. we haven't seen Jaina's mom yet. Maybe it was worth the trade?
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that once again Horde has taken another chunk of major Alliance territory, this time an actual homeland of a race, which judging by the image from Blizzcon, has been completely destroyed.
    While....Horde just have to defend off the Alliance from a corroding castle that really means very little?
    The fact that its even stated that Teldrassil was destroyed, but Horde are only simply attacked? Lorderon isn't taken over, isn't destroyed, no...just...attacked. Which we can easily assume they will defend off the forces of the Alliance and still keep their rotting castle. With the possible outcome of a few small Alliance bases settled into Lorderon land just for a few skirmishes... How is that even remotely fair Blizzard?
    I think it's to highlight the stupidity of Genn Greymane.

Genn looks as far as his nose while Sylvannas is looking a hundred years down the line.

He has been desperate to engage the Horde and managed to convince Anduin to assault Lordaeron, a hollow victory.
    In retaliation the Night Elves have suffered.

It was the Night Elves that offered refuge to the scum that is Worgen and it is the Night Elves that are punished as a result, you reap what you sow.
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2017-11-04 at 12:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    No they don't.
    Theres an entire wafront system in Arathi Highlands and Stromgarde.

They said Lordaeran isn't defensible, and there is a major faction conflict in Arathi Highlands, wich is a chokepoint to the north.
    Seems that the Horde maintain dominance of the north and the alliance are pushing through Arathi to regain grounds.
    I very much doubt that there is much, if any, Horde presence in anywhere south of Moonglade. If the Alliance is unable to claim the northern territories -- at least force the Horde out -- while the Horde is able to force the Alliance out of Teldrassil, Darkshore, etc., this will very much look like the "let's shaft the Alliance" expansion.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I'm kinda mad we lose Tedrasil and gain just some shitty city in ruins with f'ked up landscape, our tree was way better, but also makes me excited. Good job Blizz making us feel some emotion towards our factions and not that let us all go along bs. This is Warcraft afterall

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    He has been desperate to engage the Horde and managed to convince Anduin to assault Lordaeron.
    We don't know which one came first.

Honestly the pictures of Teldrassil burning before/after make me think it was a reaction to the Alliance taking her home. The way that Sylvanas is still standing there after everyone else left (other than the dying elf), even Nathanos, tells me she was taking it in.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    I think it's to highlight the stupidity of Genn Greymane.

Genn looks as far as his nose while Sylvannas is looking a hundred years down the line.

He has been desperate to engage the Horde and managed to convince Anduin to assault Lordaeron, a hollow victory.

It was the Night Elves that offered refuge to the scum that is Worgen and it is the Night Elves that are punished as a result, you reap what you sow.
    That would be great if it caused tension within the alliance. They have absolutely zero internal tension.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you people don't read books and react this way to major changes

Do you think when JRR Tolkien published LotR people were writing angry letters to him about the fall of Moira :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    It's fine. Undercity is gone too.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Though, to be fair.. we haven't seen Jaina's mom yet. Maybe it was worth the trade?
    See, I like this guy. This is the right kind of thinking.

Also, for those who keep assuming UC is merely "attacked" nope. IIRC, they flat out said on stage that the Horde would Control Kalimdor, and that the Alliance "Would, more or less, control all of the eastern kingdoms". The "more or less" part refers to the warfronts details under the "For the Alliance" portion, where the goal of the Alliance is to cut off Quel'thalas. They'll likely blockade Sunstrider port as well and the city will be under seige. They mentioned old versions of zones like Teldrassil and Tirisfal will be phased for new characters, so no worries about lowbies being stuck.

Personally I agree with those who speculate there being a future Warfront somewhere in Quel'thalas, Ghostlands or possibly Eversong itself. Which also means something else that I haven't seen anyone say yet; that canonically, the Alliance will win the Battle for Stromgarde.

This means the Alliance will be re-establishing the oldest Human Kingdom on Azeroth. What's more, is that this also means that they will control Alterac as well, and if they like; could re-establish that kingdom as well. The panel also said "Undercity is indefensible" though, so I don't see a restoration of Lorderon happening anytime soon but either way, that's still a huge boost for the Alliance in the form of Stormgarde.

Now compare this to Horde victories on Kalimdor; we do not gain anything by burning Teldrassil; but as many have pointed out; the night elves should have been able to defend it. That's why I think we just burn it down, we don't even need to land to do this. Moving south, we gain alot of land, true enough; but most of it is ruins. We're also cut off from the Great Portal in the Badlands, so any Mag'hari reinforcements we could have brought in wont be coming- we're stuck. (I am pretending there is now AU portal and its just the normal portal to Hellfire now). We also know that the scar in Silithis will be heavily contested; not Horde controlled.

Here's a quick list I came up with regarding gains- with assumptions regarding territory assignments.

Horde-Controls all of Kalimdor sans Azuremyst and Silithis.

• Azuremyst likely blockaded, control of very rich lumber and other natural resources in Northern Kalimdor
    • Destruction and order Domination of all Night Elven ancestral lands (Morale hit to the Alliance)
    • Tauren ancestral lands completely taken (Increased Horde Morale objective)
    • Strategic ports in Dustwallow, Ferelas, and Tanaris.
    • Control of the Caverns of Time (assuming this is even a thing in lore and not just a game mechanic)
    • Control of several Titan areas like Un'goro and Uldum (relics, artifacts, reasources, etc)
    • Nearly all of the Broken Isles via Suramar and Thunder Totem

Alliance - Controls all of Eastern Kingdoms sans anything north of Stratholme.

• Quel'thalas likely blockaded, control of resources of northern continent.
    • Regain Lands of Lorderon, including Stratholme (Morale Objective, seat of Horde Warchief)
    • Vengeance for Southshore (Morale)
    • Liberation of Gilneas
    • Control of resources in central continent (Rich mineral deposits from Blackrock and surrounding area)
    • Control of Great Portal (Orcs cut off from homeworld resources)
    • Control of ancient Troll lands in swamp of sorrows and Stranglethron Vale

I probably left a few off, and I didn't want to just assume the Alliance would win at Stromgarde so I intentionally left that off as well.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2017-11-04 at 01:21 PM.

Anyone pissed that Humans and Elves took what was rightfully the Trolls. Fucking Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Let the horde babies whine, that's all they're good for anyway.

Pathetic really.

So they burned down my capital and where I began my journey, in the end they lose more, and their precious shitty Undercity.
    Funny considering you are posting in a thread from a whiny Alliance baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Holy shit, I just realized that the Light and Shadow do the same thing, bring people back from the dead.

Shouldn't we be just as terrified of the Light as we are of the Forsaken?
    Well the light brings them back to life. The forsaken are undead not living in that sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yup, that's bonkers mate. We should pillage and raze Stormwind not burn big tree of some hippies.
    Those same "hippies" are pretty much responsible for most of the bad shit that has happened to Azeroth. Let it burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that once again Horde has taken another chunk of major Alliance territory, this time an actual homeland of a race, which judging by the image from Blizzcon, has been completely destroyed.
    While....Horde just have to defend off the Alliance from a corroding castle that really means very little?
    The fact that its even stated that Teldrassil was destroyed, but Horde are only simply attacked? Lorderon isn't taken over, isn't destroyed, no...just...attacked. Which we can easily assume they will defend off the forces of the Alliance and still keep their rotting castle. With the possible outcome of a few small Alliance bases settled into Lorderon land just for a few skirmishes... How is that even remotely fair Blizzard?
    Blizzdevs have been forced by the brass to do some lip service to Alliance over the TWO last xpacs. In Legion, Vereesa even gets to quip about Horde possibly not showing up for Argus strike. Can you imagine the fucking audacity?!!! None of this changed anything in how the power actually fluctuates in Azeroth (the "Juggernaut" Alliance took 0.00 acres of territory back when Horde was supposedly weakened, particularly Ashenvale in Legion is still fucked and Gilneas is still a land of death), but all the little metzens in there accumulated enough butthurt about those surface concessions to finally make a stand and balk: "look you filthy casuals, none of your ideas that we have so meticulously turned into pure shit has brought the subs back to any level remotely worth reporting, so it's our turn now".

Welcome to Azeroth as its authors really want it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all things they can claim, darnassus was a hard piece of junk to take, kinda weird we lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Oh please.

A fucking storyline is stale if nothing can change because "OH MY GOD SO UNFAIR WE LOST A CITY".

Shut up. You sit afk in the neutral hub or in your garrison/class hall anyway. Why the fuck does it even matter?
    Say goodbye to Undercity.