Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breaths. The Eurogamer interview sounds a lot like "we want to do it, but don't know how".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

We're really not much further on from last time.
    At least include this too " Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse"

Combat Private server

Very Popular

Money

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Probably to combat private servers.
    Don't think it's because of popularity. Vanilla was what? 13 years ago?
    Most people that played Vanilla in their teens and grown ass men now that most likely have families, jobs and responsibilities.
    No way in hell Vanilla servers will be popular 1-2 years AFTER their release because Vanilla is just one big grind and if you want to progress through it, say goodbye to your real life

And Legion isnt a grind?

Wow and here I thought WoW in general was a grind. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    release it 2-3 months before BfA, people enjoy it for a while, get tired of it, and then theyre like, oh the new expansion is coming up, might aswell try it, baited all the people that were done with it into playing the current game again
    is it really a bait if you enjoy playing it?

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    And Legion isnt a grind?

Legion's only a grind if you want it to be.

then again, so is vanilla to an extent

and i suspect that blizzard will introduce a lot of UI improvements to vanilla, the groupfindertool included, which will drastically reduce the worst part of vanilla, which is standing in town for an hour before finding a group.
    and even if they don't, it's gonna be easily achievable with addons now
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-04 at 01:29 PM.

I hope the classic server option becomes available during the wait for the next expansion.

because this xpack is a filler similar to WOD
    and there willl be a colossal content drought, they know people need their wow fix till next patch so to avoid unsubs or quitting they will throw it in a strategic time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I hope the classic server option becomes available during the wait for the next expansion.
    Reading the article on the last page, I don't think it's coming very soon. They work on it but are hesitant to commit to any deadline, which tells me that despite having a breakthrough of getting it to work on modern hardware, there are still lots of unanswered questions that could delay the project.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I think people are focusing too much on the "Classic" concept and assuming a lot.

To my mind, we won't get the original game, we have been told time and time again, that code is gone, there is no reason to lie regarding this, it would just be bad PR, expcially if they got caught out so to speak.

What I think we are getting, is level 1-60 content from the old world, with the modern graphic engine and avatars, and some of the QOL conveniences we have gotten used to (dual spec and such). Some changes may have been required for these, such as no longer being able to respec in the field, and having to speak to the spec person, but now not costing any money. The original game is long gone, so I think we will get the next best thing they can offer which is the old maps and quests etc updated.
    But I feel we will get the best of both worlds, and it is why it has taken them so long to reveal it so to speak.

We shall see though, I could be horribly wrong, but I cannot see them committing to this, without doing something like this. Blizzard doesn't just churn out old stuff and go "lolz", they usually bug fix and make better/more elegant. Whether you like them or not, you cannot deny that.
    This is what I think aswell.

It just doesn't make any sense to just start 1.12.1 on a server with bugs and inconsitencies, balance issues and stuff like that that has been fixed for years without aplying those fixes.

Also Battlenet and Social Features are a big go for Blizzard currently and one has to be naive to think those features are not going to be added to classic servers.
    So just with those little additions it is not a 1.12.1 server anymore some people hope for.

Also I would count towards balance fixes (but probably no minor ones) and of course fixes for obvious exploits and machaniques that were not intended in this way.
    The new PvP Rulesets will probably be also added just to not have to open up 2 servers per region.

With all these additions I can truely imagine that things like achievments and transmog which don't interfer with the gameplay but add longer playability and content, will be added aswell.

As for graphic updates, there is no reason to not use them other than refusing it because of the nostalgic sake, but Blizzard is not a die hard nostalgia fan anyway so my guess will also be we will get back the old world with old quests and probably old talent trees and abilities.
    But we will have modern features and structures, graphics and gameplay improvements like working and balanced specs.

Personally I really hope it is going to be that way.
    I loved classic but in 12 years some technical improvements are just needed. And some social additions are really great and a downer to miss.
    Personally I can't live without transmog anymore. I just don't want to run around in blue/yellow/green/red gear at lvl 60 that is a mixture of tierset, crafting gear and randomloot that doesn't match at all.

Ever seen a raid paladin or a dps warrior in classic? They lookd rediculous.

Also I am pretty sure that they will add stuff like tiersets changing depending on your spec and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2017-11-04 at 01:32 PM.

I think it is 'small' move that can give them alot of $$. They lost enough due private servers already.

Deleted
    I like these answers "money" Did you even read his question? "WHY NOW?"

This exp. looks like a WoD 2.0 case. There are not a lot of new things in it. They have to sell it so when sub numbers start to drop they will push this in. BUT remember noone said "classic" will be "the old classic" if you check their answers they said their idea about classic is the same as now just limited content to lvl60 and raid openings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Yeah, but this has been requested pretty much since BC. Why now?
    They took notice last year and decided it is finally time to seriously consider it. They now believe they can get some revenue from it by doing so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    is it really a bait if you enjoy playing it?

Legion's only a grind if you want it to be.

then again, so is vanilla to an extent

and i suspect that blizzard will introduce a lot of UI improvements to vanilla, the groupfindertool included, which will drastically reduce the worst part of vanilla, which is standing in town for an hour before finding a group.
    and even if they don't, it's gonna be easily achievable with addons now
    I agree, I think they will mix some of the new with the old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    And Legion isnt a grind?

Here's a comparisson what you can accomplish in 1 hour for Vanilla and Legion:
    Legion: 2-3 Mythic Dungeons.
    Vanilla: If you're lucky get a group for Strathholme or LBS

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    This is what I think aswell.

It just doesn't make any sense to just start 1.12.1 on a server with bugs and inconsitencies, balance issues and stuff like that that has been fixed for years without aplying those fixes.

Also Battlenet and Social Features are a big go for Blizzard currently and one has to be naive to think those features are not going to be added to classic servers.
    So just with those little additions it is not a 1.12.1 server anymore some people hope for.

Also I would count towards balance fixes (but probably no minor ones) and of course fixes for obvious exploits and machaniques that were not intended in this way.
    The new PvP Rulesets will probably be also added just to not have to open up 2 servers per region.

With all these additions I can truely imagine that things like achievments and transmog which don't interfer with the gameplay but add longer playability and content, will be added aswell.

As for graphic updates, there is no reason to not use them other than refusing it because of the nostalgic sake, but Blizzard is not a die hard nostalgia fan anyway so my guess will also be we will get back the old world with old quests and probably old talent trees and abilities.
    But we will have modern features and structures, graphics and gameplay improvements like working and balanced specs.
    My thoughts almost. Obviously 1-60 with the old leveling curve back in place. Old skill trees. I would expect you can have multi specs that you have to go to the trainer to respec but I think it will cost gold. I don't think achievements or transmog will be inplace since that is not in line with the spirit of classic. Clown suits and "prestige" sets will be back

Honestly think people speak before they think about this.

I also thought i missed vanilla, i remember it as the greatest thing since sliced bread, so i tried a private server and learned that you cant really replicate it, it was all about the feel of being younger and dumber for me, and having alot of friends that played aswell, and it`s not like they will keep releasing content for these servers simply because there isnt that much, eventually the player numbers on these servers will fade

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post

This exp. looks like a WoD 2.0 case. There are not a lot of new things in it
    I really don't get people that say this, did you even watch the presentation?

Islands alone is gonna be a bigger feature than ANYTHING WoD had.

the only "new" feature WoD had were garrisons, which basically was negative content since it encouraged doing nothing instead of doing something.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-04 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Money.

The only reason any business does anything.
    This.

/thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    I just deleted my 1.12.1 client today. I think many people will do the same when official classic servers will be released, especially if servers like Light's Hope end their existance as they promised.
    got rid of mine as well. now i wait and see. my hope is that eventually they do a server for each expansion that stays pristine. im keeping my wrath server till they do an official one.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Here's a comparisson what you can accomplish in 1 hour for Vanilla and Legion:
    Legion: 2-3 Mythic Dungeons.
    Vanilla: If you're lucky get a group for Strathholme or LBS
    Dude stop being salty so much. We'll get vanilla like it or not.

That being said, assembling a group for Stratholme will take as much time as assembling a group for any dungeon in Legion.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Subs are down and they need people to come back.
    I didn't realise you were a big time Activision-Blizzard shareholder with access to that kind of information
    Me not that kind of Orc!