Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    40 man Molten Core raid, 3 items drops per boss. Can hear the screams already.

Deleted
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/

These will answer some questions, but most probably Classic will not be 100% Vanilla. I personally will replace playing alts with playing Classic, because its nice to see different mechanics and landscape. If you ask me, we will probably end up having updated UI (upcoming BFA UI) and maybe altered class mechanics/numbers because vanilla class mechanics/numbers werent exactly top notch, when it comes to end game balance.

Also it has been stated on articles that there will not be DF/LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    They're getting a whole new expansion. Can legacy get a new expansion?
    A whole new expansion with new features and changes that a lot of people will not like and perhaps even quit the game over.

Either way, Legacy might get a new expansion indeed.
    If it goes well and proves profitable, the same team they're building up for Classic might "re-release" TBC servers as well, and they can keep going as long as they want.

They can also make cyclical progression servers, similar to Diablo 3 seasons. There's quite a few possibilities on how they can work around the stagnation in a way that will hold a decent playerbase over a long period of time.

We just have to wait and see what they come up with. But the fact is that for them to announce it, it's because they believe they can make it profitable/benefitial to the game. And that's all I personally need to know, no matter how many people think otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    To be fair we don't actually know what will be coming... It's not impossible that they might implement some of the graphical improvements of modern WOW into the classic servers. The improvements to lighting and shadows wouldn't impact the Vanilla experience in my opinion.
    True. Also because one would most likely be able to disable such new effects on the settings, if desired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I think they look like cartoony shit compared to the originals. Some races more than others of course. You might think they look better but they are definitely not "just better".
    Indeed. Personally I do like the new graphics and the new art style. But it defenitely has a more cartoony (in the pixar/disney kind of way) than before. Hell, the new Jaina model screams "Runescape" to me.

While the graphics are objectively better from a thecnical standpoint (better resolutions, more polygons, smoother edges, so on), the art style has changed quite a bit since vanilla, and that is entirely objective.

I have a name for the Legacy Expansion. Let's call it "The Burning Crusade". It will feature a whole new world behind the DARK PORTAL, also you get to experience the new world from above with FLYING MOUNTS. Wanted to play as a Shaman for the Alliance or as a Paladin for the Horde? You can also now do that with the addition of TWO NEW RACES.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm only interested in re-playing an authentic experience of vanilla Warcraft.

Not interested in any improvements, graphical or otherwise; or quality of life features, or achievements, or account-wide mounts, or anything. Just provide the game EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
    40 man Molten Core raid, 3 items drops per boss. Can hear the screams already.
    Very true, I wouldn't mind bosses dropping a bit more loot, for the sake of not us not needing to farm 3 raids a week once new content is cleared. Still wouldn't complain if they left this unchanged.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

They're not just gonna copy and paste vanilla WoW. I don't expect the bugs and useless specs and all that to still be there. Vanilla wasn't fun cause Ret Paladins sucked ass, but because of the quality and difficulty of the content, the world pvp, actually getting to know the people you're playing with, etc. it was a whole vibe. Some random QoL shit like mount lists won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    They're not just gonna copy and paste vanilla WoW. I don't expect the bugs and useless specs and all that to still be there. Vanilla wasn't fun cause Ret Paladins sucked ass, but because of the quality and difficulty of the content, the world pvp, actually getting to know the people you're playing with, etc. it was a whole vibe. Some random QoL shit like mount lists won't change that.
    No, vanilla was fun because of the broken speccs and how to work around them. Not because people were to stupid to beat an autoattack mob while leveling or had to learn CC.

If you think that you in 2017/2018 will find challenge in vanillas content you will be up for a rude awakening. Just look at the private servers and how everyone blazes through the content like it's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    Very true, I wouldn't mind bosses dropping a bit more loot, for the sake of not us not needing to farm 3 raids a week once new content is cleared. Still wouldn't complain if they left this unchanged.
    Gotta do split runs with alts like back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    No, vanilla was fun because of the broken speccs and how to work around them.
    Shut up, sit down

Shut up, sit down
    You are another one who doesn't really wants to play Vanilla but Legion with the level capped at 60. So take your own advice and shut up.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If it's not 99.9% unmolested vanilla WoW then it will fail.

Haha have fun waiting for that then

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Ohhh, but you see, it's labelled as "classic", not "vanilla", therefore we're at liberty to make changes that we see fit, for the best experience that's as close to what you remember as is necessary."

"Remastered Vanilla":

- log on, create your first char... HYPE!
    - listen to the opening cinematic: HYPE!
    - Leveling animation: Achievement unlocked: "Played on Classic server", here is your free "classic" mount Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/

These will answer some questions, but most probably Classic will not be 100% Vanilla. I personally will replace playing alts with playing Classic, because its nice to see different mechanics and landscape. If you ask me, we will probably end up having updated UI (upcoming BFA UI) and maybe altered class mechanics/numbers because vanilla class mechanics/numbers werent exactly top notch, when it comes to end game balance.

Also it has been stated on articles that there will not be DF/LFR.
    It will be 100% vanilla (he's even quoted saying EXACTLY how it was back then)

They also know for Vanilla to work it has to be 100% Vanilla or the legacy fans will not play them

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    A whole new expansion with new features and changes that a lot of people will not like and perhaps even quit the game over.

Either way, Legacy might get a new expansion indeed.
    If it goes well and proves profitable, the same team they're building up for Classic might "re-release" TBC servers as well, and they can keep going as long as they want.

They can also make cyclical progression servers, similar to Diablo 3 seasons. There's quite a few possibilities on how they can work around the stagnation in a way that will hold a decent playerbase over a long period of time.

We just have to wait and see what they come up with. But the fact is that for them to announce it, it's because they believe they can make it profitable/benefitial to the game. And that's all I personally need to know, no matter how many people think otherwise.
    This is your opinion, not fact. I am talking about facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    -updated graphics
    While soma facelifting might be nice, I'd rather see it as it was because at this point you can play the classic version of WoW on a toaster. It would be great to play it on my work laptop while on a business trip.

-better class balance
    No, just no. You can't have unique classes, each with their ups and downs and perfect balance at the same time.

-improved UI
    In what way? Not to mention that anything can be fixed with add-ons anyway.

Shut up, sit down
    Vanilla people turned against each other, saying they want the same thing, but in reality, they do not, at all.

Looks like it will be 100% Vanilla. Maybe not 100%, but as close as it can get. I think pristine realms is a better option, less of a maintenance hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    If it's not 99.9% unmolested vanilla WoW then it will fail.
    I disagree. I personally want a hardcore/pristine realm more than a pure Vanilla experience. What made Vanilla better is not bugs, shitty character models etc. It's the way you were directed in game and overall lack of convenience.

This is your opinion, not fact. I am talking about facts.
    Which part is my opinion? Why do you think it's not a fact?

You're stating facts that are irrelevant. Legacy servers aren't necessarily eternally stagnant, even if there won't be any actual "new" content developed for them. The fact is if there's enough interest, they have over a decade of content to go through as they see fit.

The fact that the content is old does not imply it won't hold enough players for enough time to be profitable. That's just your conjecture.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla people turned against each other, saying they want the same thing, but in reality, they do not, at all.
    "Vanilla people" are not a single conjoint entity, and they've never been. No "group" of people ever is.