Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yeah, but until now they at least had something resembling honor. Now they decided to go against the people who spared them when they lost the war due to Garrosh being a twat, and the people whom they helped and helped them to save the world from the Legion. The Horde has lost any resemblence of identity and devolved to a plot device. "We must take back land, zug zug!"
    Garrosh was a dictator, not one dictator in actual human history has been a good guy, horde hasn't seen honor since they left Draenor.
    Actual refugees don't invade other countries. They co-exist if they are taken in.
    Orcs came like "This is our land now!" not really asking eventually forming the horde to oppose, not to co-exist.
    Sure alliance didn't take them in, but would you ask a bunch people breaking in to your house like "welcome, please take a seat and eat my lunch".
    Even if you're being brainwashed by a dictator whether that's Garrosh or Gul'dan back in the day, if one can't tell the difference of a invasion or being a refugee, when being part of one, bad news is, one might be a bad guy, an uneducated one, but a bad guy non the less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    ...aaand meanwhile taking Undercity from its native citizens (Forsaken are largely humans of Lordaeron) and purging the Forsaken like mindless zombies is fine and normal. Typical Alliance thinking here: "OMG, Horde destroys something of ours or kills some of us? MURDER, GENOCIDE, THOSE MONSTERS!". But Horde races are viable targets for genocide because they're not wearing shiny armor, I guess.

Although I must say it's a pity Horde went for the tree, I'd much rather see Sylvanas plague-bombing Stormwind. The baaaawwwing of Alliance players after losing one of their main cities would be delicious! While, hearing the news about Undercity getting destroyed, Horde players are mostly like "bring it on!" ;]

I agree, I'd rather they had destroyed Stormwind. And I say this as an Alliance player. It's a very bland city. If they wanted some human architecture, they could have built a mini-stormwind on the Ironforge airport or next to it. Done.

First of all... This is called Warcraft. If the name does not "smell like confrontation" to you, what can I say. The games were all about Alliance-Horde conflict (actually Humans-Orcs) and it is very natural that they will eventually go to war against each other. They only stop when there is a greater evil. And I guess in this xpac will be a greater eveil at 8.1 or 8.2 or something.

Second, Anduin is an oppressed little boy. He wants to be a priest but he is forced to wear a plate armor and wield a 2-H. And not just any 2H. He seems like a good boy. But just this. Why more respect?

Third, Sylvanas is a fuckin banshee. What do you expect. But she is a great general and really witty. I can understand she has her own agenda but horde is behind here united. (BTW where are the gnomes again?). Ok we might have preferred the green jesus (before he became pussy whipped from Agra ofc).

Each faction has its issues. I am horde, ok and I enjoy their story more. Alliance has so much "pain", "grief", "oppressed anger". Come on...
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Exactly how I felt, especially with the Trolls, Tauren, and Orcs fighting on the front lines and getting smashed while all you saw of her people were a few archers safely sitting in the back.

Defending their own home none the less as she makes sure her people are hidden and safe while she lets the other races get slaughtered.
    Or because those orcs, trolls and tauren are not archers?
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-11-04 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Then instead of Undercity we can leave behind a giant crater that was Orgrimmar.. We should of let Jaina take it out when we had the chance..
    No the horde should have finished her off when they had the chance.

Don't worry though, Anduin dies this expansion, he's falling to the void, good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    The Horde disagrees, is that supposed to be unique or something? You pretend the Alliance leader never disagrees with each other.

Jaina, Anduin
    Jaina, Arthas
    Arthas, Uther
    Varian, Jaina
    Greymane, Anduin
    Varian, Anduin
    So basically Jaina disagreeing with everyone then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Exactly how I felt, especially with the Trolls, Tauren, and Orcs fighting on the front lines and getting smashed while all you saw of her people were a few archers safely sitting in the back.

Defending their own home none the less as she makes sure her people are hidden and safe while she lets the other races get slaughtered.
    There's always gonna be people on the front and generally the strongest ones are chosen for that.

It would be quite illogical to send the frail forsaken to the front to hold their positions.

Dear lord, hope I never end up in a real war with you, you'd be enforcing PC and I'd be ensuring the survival of myself and others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So basically Jaina disagreeing with everyone then.
    She's pretty much the Trump of World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Gilneas was certainly known for it's peace! Once again you have NO information regarding teldrassil or lordaeron. Take your bias out of it for maybe 5 seconds.
    I have information on the past of Anduin and Sylvanas, and know who's more likely to start a conflict, manipulating the parts if necessary.
    Whatever...

...aaand meanwhile taking Undercity from its native citizens (Forsaken are largely humans of Lordaeron) and purging the Forsaken like mindless zombies is fine and normal. Typical Alliance thinking here: "OMG, Horde destroys something of ours or kills some of us? MURDER, GENOCIDE, THOSE MONSTERS!". But Horde races are viable targets for genocide because they're not wearing shiny armor, I guess.
    And there are actual living citizens of Lordaeron and their descendants taking refuge in Stormwind. Living people, not rotting corpses bestowed with what resembles intelligence and life by an actual leader. Killing Forsaken isn't genocide. They are already dead. It's granting them a mercy.

Also, the Alliance just played a major part in saving all your asses from the Legion. Sure, Horde played a big part in it too. Let's say 50:50. And how do you repay it? Burn down Teldrassil. Solid choice there.

Although I must say it's a pity Horde went for the tree, I'd much rather see Sylvanas plague-bombing Stormwind. The baaaawwwing of Alliance players after losing one of their main cities would be delicious! While, hearing the news about Undercity getting destroyed, Horde players are mostly like "bring it on!" ;]
    Forsaken WERE largely humans of Lordaeron

There fixed it. They are not humans anymore, they are not living beings anymore. They are walking skeletons without souls, and what is that.. Zombies, mindless zombies as is said the their race name the undead.
    And what do you do to zombies, you purge them, there's no murdering or killing something that isn't alive, you'd have to be alive to die or get killed. The alliance and even the horde, specifically the horde for that matter are just a few decades too late by now. Sure the orcs, taurens are getting killed and murdered, but that's the question to be asked why are you defending zombies? Why are you allied with something that has no meaning to exist, except turning everyone else to one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I preferred Anduin in the cinematic over Sylvanas, her "For the Horde" was a little cringe, especially since she's never given two shits about anyone other than her own people (On a good day)
    She doesn't care about her people either. They're just a shield that protects her from eternal damnation.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    Forsaken WERE largely humans of Lordaeron

There fixed it. They are not humans anymore, they are not living beings anymore. They are walking skeletons without souls, and what is that.. Zombies, mindless zombies as is said the their race name the undead.
    And what do you do to zombies, you purge them, there's no murdering or killing something that isn't alive, you'd have to be alive to die or get killed. The alliance and even the horde, specifically the horde for that matter are just a few decades too late by now. Sure the orcs, taurens are getting killed and murdered, but that's the question to be asked why are you defending zombies? Why are you allied with something that has no meaning to exist, except turning everyone else to one of them.
    How dare they say I have no right to exist after I told them they have no right to exist.

bullshit scarlet crusade pipe dream aside, undead obviously have souls.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    She doesn't care about her people either. They're just a shield that protects her from eternal damnation.
    The snippet for the book doesn't show that at all, it might in later chapters but for now her methods were not shown to be entirely selfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Yeah, the Horde needs inspiration to defend its territories and takes it from someone who manages to kill a dozen humans in one move. Totally inspiring. What kind of weaklings are these guys?

And the Orc is supposed to be Sourfang? He's supposed to be a threat? Gets shot down by random archers and needs Sylvanas of all people to inspire him back on his feet? And people are actually afraid of him?
    maybe a banshee wailing followed by their powerful voice piercing the battlefield with a. "for the horde"

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    right

Sylvanas trying to inspire the Horde and lead the charge when everyone was back up to the wall. was powerful

Anduin rezzing the battlefield after Saurfang manhandled him was the real fucking cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas found Bolvar on the throne IMMEDIATLY after the War in Icecrown ended.
    Not in game, maybe in gay books.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Not in game, maybe in gay books.
    Yes because books are so gay.

surprised you can work a computer

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde became the shell of itself through the expansions.
    You can clearly see the dynamic. Alliance lost only Bolvar and Varian, who became either the new "good" Lich King that protects us from the Scourge or died heroic death. None of leaders started the war first, and in every conflict they prefer to offer the peace than war. And, whats important, it doesnt speak of their weakness. Aliance isn't weak because through the whole WoW history they didn't loose to Horde a war and stand still.

Horde on other hand looses one leader after another in a pretty pitiful manner, in the process committing genocide and betrayal of Honor. I actually forgot that Honor was Orc's and Tauren's creed. It has died with Thrall's loss and Cairne' death. I can hardly remember when the Horde actually did something really meaningful for the Azeroth and peace. Thrall on his own helped against Deathwing but he is not the Horde. Maybe the last really heroic scene was the Wrath Gates.

They became really pitiful through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    maybe a banshee wailing followed by their powerful voice piercing the battlefield with a. "for the horde"
    Yeah, very impressive, to the feeble minded. "She killed 6 guys!" "Ooooh, so badass!"

30 secs later.

"Did... did that teenage boy just ressurect their entire front line?" "He reached up to the heavens and the FRIGGING LIGHT answered his prayer!" "Dun da dun, we're fucked."

Deleted
    And there are actual living citizens of Lordaeron and their descendants taking refuge in Stormwind. Living people, not rotting corpses bestowed with what resembles intelligence and life by an actual leader. Killing Forsaken isn't genocide. They are already dead. It's granting them a mercy.

Also, the Alliance just played a major part in saving all your asses from the Legion. Sure, Horde played a big part in it too. Let's say 50:50. And how do you repay it? Burn down Teldrassil. Solid choice there.
    Forsaken are fairly well established as being sapient, with free will and actual minds of their own. Leave it up to Alliance hypocrites to find a way to rationalize mass murder of a whole population of sentient people while still claiming the moral high ground ;D

Camp Taurajo? "Not a city!" [because not built by humans I guess]
    Forsaken? "Not sentient beings" [because no shiny armor I guess]

I mean, I find myself more leaning towards the Horde, which is just an expansionist and aggressive force (definitely "evil" by our moral standards, but somewhat relatable), than towards Alliance who will purge entire races and settlements while patting themselves on the back about how good and pure the murder is, and how it is done FOR THE LIGHT (actually appaling).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    There's always gonna be people on the front and generally the strongest ones are chosen for that.

It would be quite illogical to send the frail forsaken to the front to hold their positions.

Dear lord, hope I never end up in a real war with you, you'd be enforcing PC and I'd be ensuring the survival of myself and others.

- - - Updated - - -

She's pretty much the Trump of World of Warcraft.
    So basically you're saying every Undead except a few archers are to frail to fight? Where were the Mages or Warlocks? The crafty and stealthy Rogues? The Priests....

Just admit it...she was using the other races as cannon fodder to protect her own and you damn well know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    How dare they say I have no right to exist after I told them they have no right to exist.

bullshit scarlet crusade pipe dream aside, undead obviously have souls.
    - - - Updated - - -

The snippet for the book doesn't show that at all, it might in later chapters but for now her methods were not shown to be entirely selfish.
    I'm talking about past books, not this one. I recall her likening her Undead to arrows in a quiver, that she uses to stow Death away.