Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    yeah the good thing about vanilla is that the level experience is just as fun as endgame. No need to rush, just enjoy the game from the beginning.
    You are aware that the leveling experience was fun back then because it was the first time you did it, right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I did play a lot of Vanilla, and it was a grindfest but what was different was there wasn't any rush or pressure to level and hit 60. It's not like now where 1-109 is nothing but a boring speedbump to the game. The game was alive pre 60 and there was plenty to do and plenty of people to do it with. The focus in Classic is the entire expierence, something lost to blizzard.
    No that was something lost to the players. As someone who enjoys making alts the game has always been a full experience but most players are too busy saying "the game only starts at end game" to enjoy it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Yeah, even if you get super bored on your main because you basically did everything, you can still make an alt and experience a vastly different game. The Classes/Roles all excel at something else so you always feel specialized and not so samey as it is in retail.
    Yeah this statement proves you have no clue what you're talking about.

Let's go back to specs like ret being useless! Or hell, even whole classes (again paladins). Enjoy your shitty nostalgia experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Let's go back to specs like ret being useless! Or hell, even whole classes (again paladins). Enjoy your shitty nostalgia experience!
    Back then, mostly good guilds raided that required min maxing. Even pugs that raided MC had some elitist from good guild that didn't allow "bad" specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Yeah this statement proves you have no clue what you're talking about.

Holy paladins were not useless, they were useful 5 min blessing buff bots and healers. Prot and Ret on the other hand, total crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    You are aware that the leveling experience was fun back then because it was the first time you did it, right?
    Nice of you to decide that for others.

Deleted
    Well I'll be playing a Warrior; Can't wait to be the only class with 3 viable specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Back then, mostly good guilds raided that required min maxing. Even pugs that raided MC had some elitist from good guild that didn't allow "bad" specs.
    Why ever let a Ret paladin raid over say a Rogue or even a Warrior?

Enjoy running to instance gates

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    So what happens in a year or two (or less) when classic is essentially on meme farm? Are they relying on a revolving-door cycle where players will come and go? What about events such as the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj? Will players be SOL again if they miss it? Will they reroll the servers every so often to keep it fresh? Are they going to artificially extend patch cycles to make it last longer or will it be the same as vanilla? What about patch cycles?

It's a lot of questions which I'm hoping they'll answer. It's easy to just bring vanilla servers but it seems like an endeavor with many nuances to take in to consideration. I want to know if they're giving it an honest go rather than setting it up for failure.

It's also strange because we've never had a problem about "beating" Warcraft. Even with droughts there is always something new on the horizon whereas classic has a definitive end game. The more we play the sooner we'll finish.

isnt it obvious? more classic era servers. Next up TBC and Wotlk Servers

Blizzard wants to be your Milkman

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    yeah the good thing about vanilla is that the level experience is just as fun as endgame. No need to rush, just enjoy the game from the beginning.
    We must have different definitions of fun. WoW leveling, and mmo leveling in general, has always sucked, but it was even worse in Vanilla, it still had some leftover grind from the EQ days (lack of quests, etc)

the only requirement was having resist gear. Addons were terrible in the beginning of MC and no one knew who was doing what.

Classic was the best leveling experience because you actually ran through all the zones and got to explore the world. Its that sense of exploration that people miss about vanilla. Only thing that needs to be fixed about the leveling experience is that it was actually possible to run out of quests once you got to lvl 58-59 and had to resort to grinding...yeah that wasn't fun.

I cant wait...I have always regarded classic as my best time in the game. Sure, it was new and different from what I was used to, but still, something about it, I am looking forward to it.

I just really wonder - is it going to be a static snapshot of the final patch (before pre-BC patch I guess ?) ? Will there be any ways at all that it's different from how it was back then ? Will bugs / exploits / etc that were there be left ? Class balance ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forwards to the vanilla servers, I always did love vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Why ever let a Ret paladin raid over say a Rogue or even a Warrior?
    I don't want to even explain cause these things are too obvious and thus I think you just troll.

I'm interested to see if they implement things like the old war effort site. If they implement battle.net. If they fix certain things. If the graphics are at their original incarnation or if they build it up from the modern one.

If they are going to slowly release content to give an experience similar to progression or if it'll all be there from the get go.

But now we have the slippery slope of how about authentic BC or LK servers.

I think they'll take a leaf out of 2007scapes book - have a method of implementing changes to the base game through voting.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    I'm going to guess that you have probably never played Classic WoW, it was the grindiest form of WoW we've ever had.

You'd have to grind reps, resistance sets, profession patterns, Profession mats(like crazy), dungeon grind a lot more than we do anymore, not to mention the fact that it takes around a month or more to even hit max level. All these things take a LOT of time. And we also don't know how they are going to manage the old patch cycles, will it just come out all at once or will they release the major pieces of content in patches like they originally were, which makes the game have less of a finite end until the final patch hits.
    You actually have something to do and have to play the game. How sad

I don't want to even explain cause these things are too obvious and thus I think you just troll.
    Id like to see what funny thing you tell to explain it to him lmao. You only needed one person with deep enough talents into ret for blessing of king. That person was in the raid for one reason, blessing of king. The warriors and rogues were doing double, tripple his dps. Infact he could be afk in the back of the 40 man raid, blessing of king was more dps then he would do.